PDA

View Full Version : RIN Wii Released - Mr Marakichi is Back :) - GBC Emu for Wii Released

wraggster
April 1st, 2008, 00:04
Mr Marakichi (http://mirakichi.hp.infoseek.co.jp/software/RIN_Wii.html) one of the icons of the PSP Scene that brought a mass of japanese coders into PSP Homebrew has now released the first public version of his Gameboy Colour Emulator for the Nintendo Wii.

Heres a video of the emu running.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Ui1saRoUur4

Download and give feedback and Compatability Reports via comments

limming
April 1st, 2008, 00:11
WOW!
Do you run this just using Twilight Hack or do you need extra hardware?

wraggster
April 1st, 2008, 00:13
twilight hack i would think

havent tried myself yet

watupgroupie
April 1st, 2008, 00:24
It shows the twilight hack in the video lol. Of course it uses it. Absolutely awesome. GBC ZELDA FTW!!!

Shadowblind
April 1st, 2008, 00:25
Ahahaha! it works! it works! Its the first emulator able to run on my Wii! Thanks a ton man! No USBGecko needed, just put it on your mem card and Play!

Runs all games like a dream!

mcdougall57
April 1st, 2008, 02:18
haha ironically the game in the video is one of my favorite games of all time, ill put this on a disc tommorow

Cerepol
April 1st, 2008, 02:59
You sir have made my day and it looks like so far the emulation of my Favourite Game is perfect >_>

supersoni88
April 1st, 2008, 03:10
ok how exactly do you use this? im running the twilight hack, and when it loads i see the rom right there, but it wont let me navigate to the rom to load it =/

Shadowblind
April 1st, 2008, 03:54
ok how exactly do you use this? im running the twilight hack, and when it loads i see the rom right there, but it wont let me navigate to the rom to load it =/

Use the D-pad on the Gamecube controller.

lipnox88
April 1st, 2008, 03:55
how do u use game saves, or is this not implemented yet. and for who ever asked how to acess the roms, put the rom anywhere on the sd card then use the gc controller and select the gbc rom and play.

theotherfreakyguy
April 1st, 2008, 04:39
Though it doesn't save yet, this is an almost flawless emulator in emulation itself. It loads from the front SD slot, and has a basic file menu to select your ROM. The select button is mapped to Z. Press L to return to the ROM Menu.

supersoni88
April 1st, 2008, 05:35
thats what i figured but it still doesn't work...it still gets to the screen where it wants you to navigate to the rom, but it just wont let me, i try'd everything...im using a wireless gamecube controller and i made sure the controller had new battery's, i made sure it was the right channel, still nothing, then i switched to a wired controller and still, nothing worked, then i tried plugging in a 3rd and forth controller in every port, nothing works. so i recopied the elf file named it boot.elf like usual, still it doesn't work. i redownloaded the files and everything, im stumped guys :/

DimensionT
April 1st, 2008, 06:23
Could be one of two things. The rom name has some unsupported characters [%!$^] (or whatever)... Or you still have the Twilight save/something in a folder on your card.

It locked up the first time I tried it... But once I changed the rom name to "Legend Of Zelda Oracle Of Ages.gbc" (no symbols), and deleted the folder with the Twilight save it decided to work.

I also formatted my memory card, but I don't think it's vital.

supersoni88
April 1st, 2008, 07:36
You need a wired controller. Wavebirds do not work.

i even said i tried wired controllers >>;

supersoni88
April 1st, 2008, 07:46
i got it working guys, =D and boy it works like a charm ^^

R4mbo
April 1st, 2008, 09:27
Very nice to see some skilled people joining the Wii-Homebrew-Scene! Very good work Mr. Marakichi!!!

jfroco
April 1st, 2008, 14:14
You need a wired controller. Wavebirds do not work.

Hello, I tried with my wavebird, and it worked excellent!!!

Great emulator. Every game I tried worked great, including Conker which is very dificult to emulate.

Gracias!!!

DPyro
April 1st, 2008, 16:06
This is the kind of thing I've been waiting for :D Now get that Wii Homebrew channel released and allow to select from different homebrew and we'll be all set :thumbup:

____anders____
April 1st, 2008, 16:06
YES! finally the first emu on wii! :D

i ordered a presoldered wiiclip with d2ckey 10 minutes ago, so i can have some more fun with my wii :)

i'm lazy :D

EDIT: Pokémon Crystal runs flawless, too bad there's no saving support, but maybe in the next update..:D

urherenow
April 2nd, 2008, 05:46
adjantis

that's nonsense. no system anywhere can tell the difference between wired and wireless. The reciever translates the wireless signal into the same signal a wired controller/keyboard/etc... sends

Ryan915
April 4th, 2008, 20:39
I also managed to get it to work with a Wavebird but found that you should keep it in sync with the receiver (move the joystick around) while the elf file is loading for it to work all the time.

linkinworm
April 5th, 2008, 00:55
adjantis

that's nonsense. no system anywhere can tell the difference between wired and wireless. The reciever translates the wireless signal into the same signal a wired controller/keyboard/etc... sends
xbox360 can, the dashboard has a battery level if you use wireless and using a wired pad, gives a small intro flash upon boot,

DarkUser89
April 5th, 2008, 20:35
please to add saving support :thumbup:

Skrubber
April 6th, 2008, 21:21
Woks flawless, and as many allready have pointed out a save function would be great. Maybe someone can contact him? Btw, do anyone know if there is any Wii homebrew which support Wiimote yet 'cause controlling with the GC-controll feels pretty awkward h. Maybe i should look in to buying a Thrustmaster controller, should work a bit better?

Ryan915
April 6th, 2008, 22:22
Currently I don't think there are many, if any, wii homebrew that supports the wii-mote due to the fact that the current toolchains haven't been updated to support it.