PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 video problems

xfool
September 2nd, 2005, 16:11
Hi yall,

I originally bought a 1.51 by accident but was able to exchange it for a 1.5 after a week of playin around. While I had the 1.51 I updated it to 2.0 jpn version to check out the browser.

Now when i try to watch video on the 1.5 psp, it wont reconize them. I formated a few movies sucessfully for the first psp i had... but the same videos wont work on the 1.5.

I've created the folders manually and copied the video. I've tried psp programs to convert and copy the videos... nothing works!

One of the features I noticed posted about v2.0us is that it supports mp4 playback from the memory stick... could the 1.5 be missing a codec?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

F34R
September 3rd, 2005, 00:43
The 1.5 supports .mp4 playback out of the box. What program have you been using ? PSPVideo9, which is free, works great. Xilisoft PSP Video Converter works well too. Its not free though.

YourStillWithMe
September 3rd, 2005, 02:14
go on google and search for 3GP Converter it's the best program to use for converting movies to your memory stick. it should be easy to figure out. Need help? Just contact me through pm or IM me at Tool121987

xfool
September 3rd, 2005, 13:43
Thanks for the replys!

I have tried the psp video 9 program and the 3gp too, both work great but the psp still says "there are no videos".

Also I have used imtoo video converter for the 1.51 psp to make movies which still cant be played in the 1.5! It seems my psp just wont co-operate!

By using the file assistant is there a specific directory I can check to verify that the mp4 codec is installed?

(just as a fyi... I have a moto v710 cell phone with 128mb.... so im pretty used to recompressing movies to the native res. of the playback device)

Any more ideas would be great, thanks yall!

YourStillWithMe
September 3rd, 2005, 17:39
on the psp root make a file called MP_ROOT and than inside that make 100MNV01 thats where your video files go you doing that?

xfool
September 4th, 2005, 02:25
yup, as i said.. i tried it manually and i tried having the programs automaticaly make it too, but still no joy... I honestly believe i've tried everything and still it says no videos detected :confused:

xfool
September 4th, 2005, 03:30
update...

I had a friend over and i was trying to show him what i had done already 1000 times, and voila it worked!

I dunno it this might help somebody else who may have the same troubles, but I was using a brandnew 1gb card formated only once, untill I formatted it alot then it would finally play movies. Thats the only thing different I've done as i have repeated the same steps many times over.

Thanks yall :>