PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Watch DS v2.2

wraggster
April 1st, 2008, 16:40
Triforce has updated his Game for the Nintendo DS, heres the details

Hudson's idea for Shooting Watch first came about after some kid at the Caravan tour saw Takahashi Meijin's button pressing skills, the kid sent him a letter asking exactly how fast his finger speed was. So they measured it and it came out at 16 shots a second, this is where Meijin's nickname
"16Shot" was born.

Hudson then went on produce the Shooting Watch in 1987 and it was a complete success, it sold over 1 million units. 2007 marked the 20th anniversary for
SW and to celebrate Hudson rereleased it, but only in limited quantity and it sold out immediately :(

Because I couldn't get hold of one I got the idea to make a DS homebrew version. I had no experience in coding for DS so I decided to ask retrohead
to help me. And thus Shooting Watch DS was born.

Navigate the menus using the buttons on the touch screen or the corresponding button on the DS.

5 modes in all are featured in Shooting Watch DS to try and resemble the original modes along with extra modes that are found in flash games found
on the internet. Due to the DS's unique feature of a touch screen, we thought it would be good to let you navigate and play using the stylus aswell so this has also been implemented.

Here is a breakdown of the modes included in the game:

Shooting This is the main mode in the game. The aim is to press the A button or tap the touch screen as fast as possible. If you manage to beat a certain pre-set score, you will explode the melon which is quite satisfying and master will show his appreciation for your prowess. See if you can earn his respect and once you have that, you can aim
to beat Takahashi Meijin's astonishing average of 16 Shots per second!
controls
--------
Pad control - Tap the A buttton to tap the melon.
Stylus - Tap the screen anywhere to play with stylus.

Clock Mode Just a simple clock that reads from the consoles internal clock. Nothing special here.

Stop Watch This is a basic stop watch. The maximum time is 100 minutes then the timer will start again. Start or stop the timer with the A button and reset it with the B button.

3 Slots Your classic slot machine with 3 reels. The original device did not include this but flash versions found on the internet do. We added to it by showing some fruit to improve the feel of playing a real slot machine. Check out the prize table for
what you can win.

4 Slots Exactly the same as the 3 slots but a bit harder because now you have to match 4 reels. The reward for winning this mode is double that of the 3 Slots Mode. Feeling lucky?

v2.2 Minor Fixes Release

Added Lode Runner skin.
Built with latest tool chain.
SoundFx and music now use AS_Lib as with latest PA Lib beta.
Save file can now be in any directory. As default the game searches for the location of a previous save then location of the nds file. If neither are found (if you rename the nds file), the save file will be created in the root directory but can be moved afterwards.
WiFi transfer now retrieves rank correctly (Up to 100, was only retrieving rank 10 maximum before).
When you win on the slots, you can now hold A or B button to make the coins count up twice as fast. (Fixed 4 slot mode, only worked in 3 Slot before).
Can hold B button to make text scroll faster in the shop.
After playing Shoot mode, the rank shown is now how you ranked for your last go rather than your best rank overall.

http://files-ds-scene.net/shooting_watch/?s=download