PDA

View Full Version : Emulating SNES,N64,NES on XBOX

coolguytimes
December 11th, 2004, 19:59
I recently modded my XBOX and I was wondering if I would be able to put my roms from my PC onto my xbox harddrive and play them. I have heard of this being done before but I don't know how to do it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Hawq
December 13th, 2004, 09:56
Short one yes, slightly longer one to transfer the roms & emu's over you'll need a ftp client & a cat 5 cable, though of course depending on wether you soft modded or not you may already have these ready. #Xbins on efnet is where you'll want to go for the emulators as no reputable site has them for download, the majority of them are made with a leaked official dev kit you see, installing them onto the HD may be slightly differant depending on what dashboard you use, with the EvoX one its simple as it is/can be set to automatically see the installed emulators & any homebrew apps & games and adds them to the list itself. Theres a good board over at Xbox-scene (www.xbox-scene.com) for emulation related queries it has several compatibility lists for a lot of emus as well. A quick note of which to grab, for the N64 get Surreal, its 3 in one with pj64, 1964 & ultrahle ports in it so should handle quite a lot of what you throw at it. For the Snes then XSnes9X is probably the best bet, cant recall tryin any other though so I maybe biased there, though frankly any Xport ported emu is a good one for its system. Havent really emulated the Nes on it much but theres a couple of emus at least for it