PDA

View Full Version : SNES on DS with M3DSReal

opeth2112
April 1st, 2008, 21:11
I just received a M3DSReal with the GBA Exp. Pack. The box states SNES compatablity without the use of another emulator. GBA games are working fine - but I can't get it to run SNES. I have copied them all over the card and tried in both ZIP and SMC format. It doesn't see either. Am I missing something?

DanTheManMS
April 3rd, 2008, 06:13
No clue why they state that, but I highly doubt it's true.

Just grab SNEmulDS v0.6 Alpha (or v0.5 Beta) and put it on your card, placing files where the README file tells you to.

opeth2112
April 3rd, 2008, 20:03
Thats what I feared. Thanks for the info.

DanTheManMS
April 4th, 2008, 02:09
Where have you placed each of your files? The SNES games, the config file, etc.

Gamesnstuffguy
May 7th, 2008, 07:14
You must've had a misprinted box, because I recently purchased an M3 DS Real and there was no mention of SNES anywhere on the box.

thedicemaster
May 7th, 2008, 08:31
the m3r is certain to support NES and GB/GBC
they are loaded from the GBA menu.

if it also supports snes you should place the smc files there(the DS can't read zip, atleast not untill someone invents ninzip)

DanTheManMS
May 8th, 2008, 01:22
There are zip libraries out there that the DS can use (Lameboy for instance can read zipped roms as long as the unzipped files are less than a certain filesize, 2 MB I think, while LMP-ng uses zip folders for its skin files), but this has not been implemented for SNEmulDS and probably won't anytime soon due to memory requirements.

kevhamster
May 9th, 2008, 00:06
the m3r is certain to support NES and GB/GBC
they are loaded from the GBA menu.

if it also supports snes you should place the smc files there(the DS can't read zip, atleast not untill someone invents ninzip)

Never realised that this was possible, but I just tried it and it does work for NES and GB roms. Not for SNES though.

And sadly, still no way of getting the NES version of Elite to run on DS. :(