PDA

View Full Version : A Million For Monster Hunter in Japan

wraggster
April 1st, 2008, 23:25
We suspected as much given the spectacle we saw on launch day, but Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G is selling like... well, like Monster Hunter to the Japanese!

Capcom announced today that the third PSP entry in the series has reached the million mark in domestic Japanese shipments. This feat comes just six days after the game's March 27 release, making it the fastest selling Monster Hunter game so far.

Will it catch up to its predecessor, which was closing in on the two million mark at last count? We'll have to watch the sales charts over the coming months to know for sure. Regardless, it's quite the achievement for the series that the PSP has just three million sellers in Japan and all three are Monster Hunter.

The Monster Hunter series, console, portable, and PC, has shifted a total of 6.3 million units as of April 1.

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/863/863570p1.html

oooooomonkeys
April 2nd, 2008, 10:45
well this is because the Monster hunter series is one of the best game series ever, it has so many hours of game play it has always kept me playing until the release of the next game i cant think of another game that has so many hours worth of game play.
just my opinion of course.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
April 2nd, 2008, 11:27
well this is because the Monster hunter series is one of the best game series ever, it has so many hours of game play it has always kept me playing until the release of the next game i cant think of another game that has so many hours worth of game play.
just my opinion of course.

Hell yeah!!:thumbup: The Munster Hunter series is in my view one of the best game series ever created, well done capcom!!! I don't see how most of my friends hate it though.......:( so i have to play solo......:(