PDA

View Full Version : News about the 1.5Downgrade

infer0s
September 3rd, 2005, 16:16
WAB team has made a new announcement on their site today aboyt the long waited downgrade:

Usually we dont pay attention about rumors and shitty talks, but this time we really think we have to make a little official annoucement.
1st Yoshihiro didn't quit WAB team
2nd Yoshihiro always working on the Downgrader
3rd Yoshihiro and the WAB team members wanna thx all the donnators for their paypal act.

About the downgrader keep in mind that it's will be a dangerous process to reflash the psp, so we have to be 100% sure that we wont release a version with bugs that will mass brick psp all over the world!! we hope you can understand it !!

And for those who really want a downgrader TODAY, hey !! just code it ;)

check the site yourselfs to see it http://www.wab.com/

It's good to now that the team is still working together and the project is still alive :) Be patient guys i too have a europen psp bought 2 days ago and i 'm checking the site every hour like a maniac waiting for the downgrade but D-day maybe closer than we think!just wait a little longer so it's fully tested and safe for your machine.

dragonmaster
September 3rd, 2005, 16:36
lol yes we will wait until the end personally i dont care japan psp version 1.00 but anyway hope europe version will be cracked coz i will buy a euro psp (hope not with dead pixels)
mine psp 1.00 has 6 :(

Cirus
September 4th, 2005, 21:07
lol yes we will wait until the end personally i dont care japan psp version 1.00 but anyway hope europe version will be cracked coz i will buy a euro psp (hope not with dead pixels)

mine has 16 but i dont notice em :)

Cirus
September 4th, 2005, 21:14

IndianCheese
September 4th, 2005, 21:31
so, let me get this straight: there is a group of folks who have actually created a downgrade for 2.00, but thye are not releasing it because of possible bugs?

Cap'n 1time
September 4th, 2005, 21:38
so, let me get this straight: there is a group of folks who have actually created a downgrade for 2.00, but thye are not releasing it because of possible bugs?

more likely because they dont want to be responsible for ****ing up your >$200 machine. and this isnt for 2.00 i think.

IndianCheese
September 4th, 2005, 21:50
more likely because they dont want to be responsible for ****ing up your >$200 machine. and this isnt for 2.00 i think.

why make an downgrade for the minority of firmwares? most people have either 1.5 or 2.0.

Cap'n 1time
September 4th, 2005, 21:59
why make an downgrade for the minority of firmwares? most people have either 1.5 or 2.0.

because, most psp's that are purchased in europe now contain firmware 1.52. so technically its not the minority. also if it were a matter of allowing the downgrader to work for 2.00 they would just release it that way.. somthing totally differant probably needs to be done for the 2.00 firmware. sorry if this looks funny, im not exactly well right now.

BigDaddyXD
September 5th, 2005, 11:08

Mine has only 1, but it's in the very middle of the screen. It disturbes
the "peaceful" Wipeout Pure "Hacker"-Background harmony... grrrr

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 11:37
It's true that the european PSP comes with 1.52,but all I know have updated to 2.0 from the demo CD that was Included in the box.

BigDaddyXD
September 5th, 2005, 12:25
So everyone you know is stupid ^_^ No, fun...
But havent you read the small sheet that jumped into your face when you were
trying to open the box? It said that you should please boot the PSP with the UMD
inside, so that you could update your firmware right away...
For me this was like a policehorn!! Ok, if anyone didn't know about homebrew before
he could have thought "Cool, let's update!". But if he did know (to return to the
beginning) he's simply stupid.

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 13:57
Mine has only 1, but it's in the very middle of the screen. It disturbes
the "peaceful" Wipeout Pure "Hacker"-Background harmony... grrrr
OT,but however....I got two,but I can only notice them when it's black on the screen.

infer0s
September 5th, 2005, 14:35
I cant wait fot the downgrader and i believe it should be released soon...half of the reasons i bought psp was for the homebrew programs,games and emulators.
I cant afford to buy games often and i wanted to use homebrew applications and t games for the emulators.Team wab should release the downgrader soon the people in europe need it,so many users are wiating for this
and they are starting to feel like idiots for buying psp and not be able to play homebrew while the rest(a big part atleast)of the community enjoying the homebrew applications.I check the site very often everyday to see if the upgrade is out,its becoming really :) annoying!Wab should at least say the state of the project and give a new date(not a preciese date nesseceraly)so people will know about when the upgrade will be releast and not asume when it will be out like some people who say whatever they want,like "I'm sure it will be realeased this friday or next week e.tc"
The only thing we can do for now people is wait just wait...

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 16:34
WTF? Homebrew on 2.0?

infer0s
September 5th, 2005, 17:11
Everybody knows(and its tested)that you cant play homebrew on any version after 1.5,anyone saying he can play homebrew on version 1.5x or 2.0 without proof is just saying bulls***!

infer0s
September 6th, 2005, 07:21
UPDATE FROM WAB TEAM!!!
Here is the new announcement on their site:

It's not the final release of the awesome WAB downgrader, but it's the next best thing - a clear video clip of the 1.5x and 2.0 (Yes 2.0!) PSP firmware downgrader in action from WAB and PSP-Dev. Not only have we found a way to downgrade 1.5x firmware but now 2.0 firmwares also qualify for a downgrade! Incase you are un-aware PSP-Dev and WAB are two European PSP Development teams who will be releasing this superb downgrader, which will allow the running of homebrew code on ALL PSP's.

EUROPE Rulez da scene...
http://www.xente.mundo-r.com/cybblade/psp-dev/Video_Final.rar

We are almost there guys!Cross your fingers!
(so is it safe now to upgrade to 2.0 or we should stick to the 1.5x?)

rpgjaugar
September 6th, 2005, 16:07
THANK YOU SO MUCH for thAT piece of good news, i made a boob and updated to 2.0, but only becasue i didnt know about the downgrader, and i thought well, 1.52 won't won't run home brew, so what the hell.

Uku
September 6th, 2005, 19:44
actually your psp is still 1.50 ataribob , that program just tricks the system into thinking its version 2 without any of the updated software being installed. thats the way i understand it works anyway. i could be wrong and one of the next posts corrects me :p

infer0s
September 6th, 2005, 19:52
Yew but your psp was version 1.5 not 1.52 and you used the wab version changer to trick your psp to be 2.0 or 1.52 you could do that because you alredy had a ver1.5 psp that can run homebrew like the wab version changer and make it 1.52 or 2.0 you see our problem with the version1.52 or 2.0 psps
is that we cant use nay homebrew like the wab version changer to change our versions to 1.5 or 1.0 ;)

infer0s
September 8th, 2005, 08:27
New video of the downgrader with better resolution:
Message Yoshihiro from team wab "Hello everybody, I know that you are expecting our downgrader with a lot of impatience but we are still working on it. I want say that all bullshit talking about me that i can see make me laugh and show that you only have time to waste. I want also add , I'm not Sergent007 who is in fact only a 14 years old child who uses the swap exploit found by PSP DEV Team to hack psp 1.5 so why talk about this? I hope these trailers will be appreciated by you because me and PSP Dev Team have worked hard on them."
Video hi -res (http://krashouille.free.fr/Downgrader_High_Resolution_2.0_WAB_PSPDEV.rar)
It looks real to me!Lets hope they will release it soon...

infer0s
September 9th, 2005, 23:48
Really bad news:

Today at 7h00 PM, AloneTrio ( Founder of WAB ) have been arrested in Paris by police. Even Familly have no more infos about the arrestation. At the moment we can't say if it's about PSP activities ( like the already spreaded rumour ) or old past computer hacking activities. It seem that Yoshihiro have not been arrested for the moment. Like you see, wab.com is always online. More info on the site when we got it.

We all keep our fingers crossed for AloneTrio...

Lets hope the guy is ok and that its nothing important...

therod
September 10th, 2005, 03:53
Again... total bullshit.
Can't believe how gullible you people are.

infer0s
September 10th, 2005, 08:25
Why you say thist,do you have more info?Do you know antything that proof that all this is total bullshit?With no proof for what you are talking about you are just you are no different than the "gullible peolpe" you are mentiong above...

infer0s
September 10th, 2005, 08:35
If anyone knows any new info about the incident plz post...

OmegaNine
September 10th, 2005, 09:59
Don't you hate when you flame someone and it turns out your wrong? Check out the WAB site. Anyway, lets stop the flaming, it makes you look lame.

Now the question on everyone mind. How many people are going to stop coding for PSP dev and WAB because of this? I am tempted to just update my PSP to 2.00 in light of the new info. As of now I cant see a reason to keep 1.50...

I miss out on the browser, I will more than likely miss out on some games, and I dont care to run windows 95 @ some horrid 333mhz. As far as free games go, A) i have not found a way to run roms (iso's? I mean it is optical) off a card B) if we all run roms, and dont pay for it, the games will stop coming out for fear of piracy killing the profits of PSP games.

-OmegaNine

infer0s
September 10th, 2005, 14:29
I believe that the arrest of a member of the team doesn't nessecery mean that the project is stoped or gone(even if he is the founder of the team).The rest
of the team can just change name,site,nicknames and continue the project and if they are afraid of being detected the can upload their hack via peer to peer network or bit torrent.Even if wab stops the project another team will continue it or start a new one ,neither sony or any other company can stop the power of the internet and the power of the human mind and spirit no matter how hard they try people will always find away...
The downgrade day will come sooner or later

Infer0s

SigmatiC
September 10th, 2005, 17:04
I believe that the arrest of a member of the team doesn't nessecery mean that the project is stoped or gone(even if he is the founder of the team).The rest
of the team can just change name,site,nicknames and continue the project and if they are afraid of being detected the can upload their hack via peer to peer network or bit torrent.Even if wab stops the project another team will continue it or start a new one ,neither sony or any other company can stop the power of the internet and the power of the human mind and spirit no matter how hard they try people will always find away...
The downgrade day will come sooner or later

Infer0s

I agree.. Let's just hope it will be sooner than later

ataribob
September 10th, 2005, 18:39
Be thankful those 1.50 users with the wabchanger.
we may never see the 2.00 downgrader

infer0s
September 10th, 2005, 19:18
I have read rumors that the arrest isn true and that yoshihiro said the site was hacked and the news aerent uploaded by Wab
also i have read that this is a trick from wab to get everybodys attention and that the downgrader is going to be realsed very soon
Can someone confirm any of this?

Mr.Modem
September 10th, 2005, 19:43
Yoshihiro said in another forum that he didn't know anything and that it was possible that the site had been hacked.

Kaiser
September 10th, 2005, 19:57
Rumors piss me off. Which is why I won't read anything about the WAB downgrader until it says "download here".

Daishi001
September 10th, 2005, 19:58
Hey dude...
I think the Yoshihiro from the other site isnt Yoshihiro!

ataribob
September 10th, 2005, 22:40
Who cares The knowing people bought the 1.50 PSP.
with the WAB Changer. We need no more

To those people who upgraded

Too bad.
Sell it on Ebay and buy another one.
Check the box this time.

Sony was smart and a million and more in Europe got shafted.
Some smart people bought thier PSP off ebay.

infer0s
September 10th, 2005, 23:03
You "smart" people bought your psps with version 1.0 or 1.5 firmwire
Here in Europe we boguht them with version 1.52 out from the box ;) we didn't even have the chance to choose if we wanted to upgrade or not...

ataribob
September 11th, 2005, 00:21
Sorry
I did not even think of the Europe release.

OmegaNine
September 11th, 2005, 02:22
From the WAB site

To avoid ****in rumours here is some little details:

1- Thanx to my Bro to make the news to let you know i was arrested ( in case if it was psp related).

2- It was not psp related or hacking related, little personal affair.

3- It's was not fake to justify that downgrader wont be release ( it will, watch out the news Hi rez video !! shitty talkers can now shut their mouth...)Here or Here

4- It was not fake to ask more donnation, ppl that want to make donnation can using the link in the menu, those who doesn't want do it, doesn't do it !

5- Stop saying bullshit about downgrader fake, about yoshihiro, about wab at all... We roxx this is a fact and thx all for your support...

infer0s
September 11th, 2005, 07:46
Ok guys know all the rumor spreading can stop the man wasn't arrested about the psp or any hacking related thing...
But again more news on the wab site and no downgrder :(

robotdevil
September 11th, 2005, 14:56
Did anyone actually watch that high rez vid?? He started with 2.00 and ended with 2.00, didn't do ANYTHING. Actually I have yet to see any video of the downgrader actually work. So far the only 2 vids have been cancelled after their launch. We know it can be launched, but actually running is a whole different story. Anyway, this can be taken to mean that running it at this point will brick your PSP, so I wouldn't be screaming for it's release. For now I'm gonna stick with Tony Hawk and my web browser on 2.0. I think I'm gonna go watch Tron......

l_drum
September 11th, 2005, 17:20
I'm seriously considering updating to 2.0.

If the WAB vids are anything to go by, they say their downgrader will be effective for the v2.0 firmware too. So until then, I'm thinking about using the added features of 2.0.

Humbug
September 11th, 2005, 17:24
exactly any videos of the so called "downgrader" dont show anything so far only that it can be run from the ms ... thats it maybe they should rename it to "app launcher V1337"

infer0s
September 11th, 2005, 17:50
I checked the wab site a minute ago and they are putting advertisments on it (or going to)...Damn they are using the publicity from the upcoming downgrader and the alonetrio arrest to make money from the increasing number of visitors on their site...And still no downgrader or release date

beefwelington
September 13th, 2005, 03:37
I'm seriously considering updating to 2.0.

If the WAB vids are anything to go by, they say their downgrader will be effective for the v2.0 firmware too. So until then, I'm thinking about using the added features of 2.0.
Honestly, we should work out a deal where I send you my v 2.0 PSP and you send me your v 1.5 PSP. You get v 2.0, I get v 1.5, and we're all happy.

I sent you a PM if you're interested.

ataribob
September 13th, 2005, 04:24
There are some crazy newbies

infer0s
September 13th, 2005, 08:06
If 1.5x is easier to hack and with less security why doesn't wab release the 1.5x->1.5
downgrder first...this way it will prove that the downgrader is real and all the 1.52 users in europe will be able to run homebrew,after this everyone will trust them and they can then release the 2.0 downgrder without all the gossip...

SigmatiC
September 13th, 2005, 11:32
We have a nice FAQ right here: p s p u p d a t e s.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15939

Cap'n 1time
September 14th, 2005, 02:42
We have a nice FAQ right here: p s p u p d a t e s.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15939

dont you have some poor misinformed 13 year old kids money to be stealing?

your better off asking wab directly at in there irc chat whatever it is.. BUT WAB MAKES IT QUITE KNOWN THEY ARE NOT ON EFNET! Also teamxecuter seems to know their shit also.. psp crapdates.. well... they spend their lives inside an office ripping of kids so they are bound to know somthing.

dragonmaster
September 14th, 2005, 15:45
mess with the best
die with the rest
lol hope the downgrader comes soon

porjay
September 15th, 2005, 14:32
mess with the best
die with the rest

You a retard thats not how they said it on the movie hackers.

Mess with the best
die LIKE THE rest

noob <_<

if you wanna be 1337 click here
http://piv.pivpiv.dk/

rpgjaugar
September 15th, 2005, 14:54
that is so coool lol made me luagh(sp)

dragonmaster
September 15th, 2005, 16:10
ok ok ok i am a retard lol
not that i care about your opinion anyway psp downgrader seems not to come

Cross
September 15th, 2005, 17:44
mess with the best
die with the rest

YOU ARE NOT ZERO COOL FROM HACKERS!!!

I only want the DG so I can buy a White PSP... And as for someone with a White PSP wanting to trade for a 1.50 PSP I would do that if they alos had the Gamestop 1 YR Warranty

dragonmaster
September 15th, 2005, 18:10
and again i reply that i am not zero cool although i liked the movie:)

infer0s
September 16th, 2005, 05:33
I can't connect to the WAB web site,is it down?can anyone confirm this?
http://www.wab.com

hbk2005v1
September 16th, 2005, 07:17
i can confirm its down whats going on mayb there updating it with the wab version changer

infer0s
September 16th, 2005, 10:33
i don't know whats going on.pspdev team announced that they stoped the project due to problems between the two working teams (dev and wab)...Wab haven't announced if the project is finished for them too and we dont know if someone will continue it.
I just dont understand,all the anouncements about how close the completion of the downgrader was,the videos,the bogus and official answers from team wab,were they all fake?was it all just a good show from team WaB to give false hope and get money from users?I dont want to believe this because wab gave may good homebrew programsto hte community and never lied and i belive wab haw to make an announcement soon to explain to the community and all the people who donated and believed in them what the hell is going on..