PDA

View Full Version : Unnofficial SNES9X GX Edition v4 - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii

wraggster
April 2nd, 2008, 18:47
Vicious1988 has updated his Unnofficial version of the Snes Emulator for the Nintendo Wii that supports SD Front loading

Hey guys, I've managed to fix the save bug. Now the emulator works perfect. Just a reminder, SRAM is not a save state, it is the game's internal memory (like the 3 files on zelda).

That means you can't save arcade-esque and password games (Contra, Wheel of Fortune, Zombies Ate My Neighbors)

Once again, report any bugs.
Download Here (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148044078&posted=1#post2148044078) and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

vicious1988
April 2nd, 2008, 21:07
If your Wii is PAL and the emulator renders black and white use this fix
PAL fix (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148044311#post2148044311)

Pertaining to memory cards
Please do not post about your official gamecube memcard not working. I'm aware of this problem and can do nothing about it. If you have a 3rd party card that doesn't work please PM me with the brand and size so I can add it to this list.

Known non-working memory cards:
-Most official Nintendo memory cards
-128mb nyko (1 instance of this happening)

Adyum
April 2nd, 2008, 21:20
Thanks for the great release! Another question though, how do I exit out of the program and shut off my wii?

____anders____
April 2nd, 2008, 21:38
you can exit to the rom list but still have the game "open" by pressing RIGHT shoulder and Z at the same time, and to shut off the wii, well i hold the power button for about 5 seconds..

Demonic_Cr0w
April 3rd, 2008, 03:14
So, is there still no way to save with the front SD slot?

crouchingleech
April 3rd, 2008, 03:17
So, is there still no way to save with the front SD slot?

Nope, you need a non-nintendo memory card (I guess official Nintendo ones work sometimes if you try taking them out and reinserting them but I haven't had it work myself)

lipnox88
April 3rd, 2008, 03:48
for once i should be happy for buying a 3rd party memory card.

Demonic_Cr0w
April 3rd, 2008, 04:03
Yeah, I always hated my 3rd party mem card, but now I actually have a use for 4 mega bites -_-

ringo20000
April 3rd, 2008, 17:40
What are people using the gamecube memory card for?

____anders____
April 3rd, 2008, 18:02
What are people using the gamecube memory card for?

they use it for gamesaves, as of now you need a non-nintendo GC memorycard to save your games, however there are good games that you don't need to save in, like super mario all-stars:).
i don't have a GC memory card so i'll stick with games that doesn't need saving..

when the saving in front SD is supported i'm gonna play Seiken Densetsu 3 (secret of mana 2) like crazy, it runs at 60 FPS, fullspeed, and so does every game i've tried so far :) this emu is VERY good, the only thing it doesn't have is front SD saving, and rewind :D but i haven't seen a rewind function in any snes emu so i don't know if it would work, but in NES it does ;) playing through super mario bros 3 without getting hit ever :D is fun hehe, zelda is also fun to rewind, cus you own every boss in the game:D

ringo20000
April 3rd, 2008, 22:37
they use it for gamesaves, as of now you need a non-nintendo GC memorycard to save your games, however there are good games that you don't need to save in, like super mario all-stars:).
i don't have a GC memory card so i'll stick with games that doesn't need saving..

when the saving in front SD is supported i'm gonna play Seiken Densetsu 3 (secret of mana 2) like crazy, it runs at 60 FPS, fullspeed, and so does every game i've tried so far :) this emu is VERY good, the only thing it doesn't have is front SD saving, and rewind :D but i haven't seen a rewind function in any snes emu so i don't know if it would work, but in NES it does ;) playing through super mario bros 3 without getting hit ever :D is fun hehe, zelda is also fun to rewind, cus you own every boss in the game:D

Oh, I thought this was working with the internal slot. I only have an official memory card so I guess I'll have to wait until my gc gecko comes in 2 weeks (which I am assuming can be used?) to do saving. Although with how fast vicious has been with updates I wouldn't be surprised if he has it working before then.

DimensionT
April 4th, 2008, 00:36
The SD and Nintendo memory card saving isn't on Vicious, it's on the toolchain at this point. The code has been submitted, he just needs to wait for the next toolchain release to implement it.

Jay6
April 4th, 2008, 02:00
I tried saving Seiken Densetsu 3 (English translated version) data, but for some reason, it didn't work. It works fine for all the other games (Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Kirby Super Star, etc.), but doesn't work with this game. I just get an error message when trying to save. "Error create: -7 0"
This is the only game I wasn't able to save data so far.

vicious1988
April 4th, 2008, 02:25
There might be a problem with the embedded rom name or embedded SRAM type. Load it up, then goto rom information, and post everything on that page.

Jay6
April 4th, 2008, 10:08
There might be a problem with the embedded rom name or embedded SRAM type. Load it up, then goto rom information, and post everything on that page.

ROM - SeikenDensetsu3e
ROM ID - A3DJ
Company - C3
Size - 12
SRAM - 3
Type - 2
Checksum - 19ef / e610
TV Type - NTSC
Frames - 60

I'm assuming this is all the info you need.

____anders____
April 4th, 2008, 10:34
crap, i hope they fix this cus seiken densetsu 3 rules!
one of the best games EVER made!

would be cool if seken densetsu 3 would be released on VC, but that will probably never happen :(
but that's what we have emus for, to play cool games that aren't released in our region or on VC..

game genie would be cool though ;)

vicious1988
April 4th, 2008, 13:35
There are only two possibilities I see as for why it won't create your SRAM file.

1. The header rom name isn't being accepted, which makes no sense because it is under 32 characters.
or
2. Your memory card doesn't have enough free space.

Maybe clear out some old GC saves you don't need.

DimensionT
April 4th, 2008, 21:51
I'm pretty sure I've had the SD3 save issue on other emulators.

Get the Japanese version and apply the translation patch yourself, I think that's what I did.

Jay6
April 5th, 2008, 00:44
I'm pretty sure I've had the SD3 save issue on other emulators.

Get the Japanese version and apply the translation patch yourself, I think that's what I did.

Alright. I'll try that. I'll tell you if it works after I try it.

vicious1988
April 5th, 2008, 01:08
Hey guys, here is a quick guide I put together. Finished it quicker than I thought I would. Hope it helps some users.

Jay6
April 5th, 2008, 04:52
Ok. It didn't work. HOWEVER, the first time I tried, I was able to save... but when I go to load, it says there's No SRAM Save Found when there actually is (which I can just delete off my gcn memory card later, and it's only 2 blocks). Also, I get an error every time I try to save if the save is still on my memory card. And there's plenty of data on my gcn memory card. I'll try with an untranslated version and see if there's anything different.

Edit: Nope. Even on the original JP version of Seiken Densetsu 3, it saves, then you wont be able to load from the save, or save on that save. I don't understand why it does this...

rustynathan
April 9th, 2008, 03:43
Why do My roms look all weird I cant even read some of them, like some of the file is like Supermar12 and I can't tell what mario it is, how do I fix, or do I have to wait for a update?

h2923j42n2
April 9th, 2008, 04:13
Why do My roms look all weird I cant even read some of them, like some of the file is like Supermar12 and I can't tell what mario it is, how do I fix, or do I have to wait for a update?

The list will only show eight characters. I think I remember someone saying that it is a FAT16 limitation. You will have to rename them to make them more easily identifiable. Also, if you haven't already, you can remove the .smc extension from your ROMs. It is not needed for the emulator to read them.

tehnoir
April 9th, 2008, 06:18

What is the original filename?
My best guess is that it is concatenating filenames to 8 chars and appending a trailing number. Remember older versions of Windows that would show files names like fileblah~1.txt? I'm guessing it's something along those lines, though I could be completely off.

twistednick
April 10th, 2008, 18:36
Hey im trying to play General Chaos on this it loads fine but when i try 2 player the controller wont recognize anyone have a working 2 player rom?

SuperRandi123
April 10th, 2008, 19:51
Hey I'm having a problem with a certain game. Whenever I play Terranigma, it plays faster than usual...Any ideas on how to fix it?

cebrian
April 11th, 2008, 03:04
it would also be fun to have a fast forward button :P

SuperRandi123
April 11th, 2008, 03:28
...That's irrelevant to my question, but I guess it's because it's in PAL format maybe? Any way to fix it?

Mr.JoJo
April 12th, 2008, 20:26
Great release. Keep up the good work.

Itīs a shame that I only have a Nintendo memorycard.

Just a silly question, itīs possible to make a homebrew wii app that supports wiimote?

Cya

h2923j42n2
April 12th, 2008, 20:46
Great release. Keep up the good work.

Itīs a shame that I only have a Nintendo memorycard.

Just a silly question, itīs possible to make a homebrew wii app that supports wiimote?

Cya

Yes, eventually you can use the Wii remote.

Fission
April 21st, 2008, 18:54
Hey I'm having a problem with a certain game. Whenever I play Terranigma, it plays faster than usual...Any ideas on how to fix it?

It's not fixable with the current PAL version - by default the VSYNC is ON it's super slow.
Change it to CLOCK and it's too fast.

Same happens on the Non PAL version - running it at 50 hz (60hz is B&W) does the same thing.

Running the Non PAL version at 60hz and the games play fine but you have to put up with the B&W.

PAL version crashes if you attempt to run it at 60 hz. (it won't load - at least for me)

Would be handy for the emulator to have a 'Save Settings' feature.

Eko
April 21st, 2008, 22:04
I just downloaded (and heard of) this wii snes emulator today, and after following the guide on the second page, i have not had any problems...

...until i actually try to load the roms. On the "load rom" screen, i can see all the titles of the games, but the screen will go black after trying to play them

The guide said that if a rom didn't work, it probably wasn't a good rom, but that wouldn't explain how none of them worked. I have played all of my roms on a computer emulator, but they won't work on this one for wii.

the roms are all .zip, but I have also tried .7z to no avail. I hope my problem has a quick fix.

Edit: unzipped files to .smc (facepalm) I wonder why i never had to unzip for zsnes?

kingslime80
April 21st, 2008, 23:06
Can someone tell me the proper directory to use for loading the games off a CD? I only have one left so I don't want to burn a coaster.

123456789bubba
May 12th, 2008, 00:42
someone PLEASEEEEE tell me how to do the twilight hack and what steps you have to do to go through it, i've looked everywhere and so far all I know is that I have to use an SD card which I have, a wii and a copy of zelda tp which I have them all... but I still don't get how to use it PLEASE HELP ME...

hipopera
May 12th, 2008, 02:06
123456789bubba......... http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Twilight_Hack
and download the twilight hack and follow instructions

once you do that you need to decide what homebrew loader you want to use. I use homebrew launcher found here: http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps/Wii_Homebrew_Launcher

remember you have to rename all elf files to boot.elf

hipopera
May 12th, 2008, 02:09
Does this version have 8 way analog movent on the control stick. The lopst version only has 4 way which is annoying.

fiercedeity91
August 30th, 2008, 19:53
I'm having a problem when i try to load SRAM memory to play a file for Chrono Trigger. When i load the memory it says it did so successfully, but when i play the game the save file isn't there.:mad: