PDA

View Full Version : Wab Rumours Dismissed

wraggster
September 3rd, 2005, 16:41
From the Wab Site

Usually we dont pay attention about rumors and shitty talks, but this time we really think we have to make a little official annoucement.
1st Yoshihiro didn't quit WAB team
2nd Yoshihiro always working on the Downgrader
3rd Yoshihiro and the WAB team members wanna thx all the donnators for their paypal act.

About the downgrader keep in mind that it's will be a dangerous process to reflash the psp, so we have to be 100% sure that we wont release a version with bugs that will mass brick psp all over the world!! we hope you can understand it !!

And for those who really want a downgrader TODAY, hey !! just code it ;)

http://www.wab.com/

Shapyi
September 3rd, 2005, 16:52
For some reason team WAB really pisses me off. First of all they create ISO loaders which gives homebrew a bad name. And now this Yoshihiro guy claims to have a downgrader and has yet to give ANY proof of it. He said it would be out on September 1st, but it wasn't. All they released on Sept. 1st was pictures of themselves. Why not release a picture of the downgrader? I remember when Killer-X made wild claims of getting homebrew to run on a 1.50 PSP, he released a video and other members of his team did the same. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was something.

dman32
September 3rd, 2005, 16:56
you dont think the version changer is significant?

EventHorizon
September 3rd, 2005, 17:29
For some reason team WAB really pisses me off. First of all they create ISO loaders which gives homebrew a bad name. And now this Yoshihiro guy claims to have a downgrader and has yet to give ANY proof of it. He said it would be out on September 1st, but it wasn't. All they released on Sept. 1st was pictures of themselves. Why not release a picture of the downgrader? I remember when Killer-X made wild claims of getting homebrew to run on a 1.50 PSP, he released a video and other members of his team did the same. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was something.

It amazes me how people think it's their right to demand such things, he does not have to prove shit to anyone (including you and me) unless he cares for doing so. It's always like "Ohh that release SUCKED, this group SUCK!". They do this shit for the fun of it or because it's interesting or because their just plain nice. Well, sometimes in order to get som mad credz ; )

People are "#!@£ spoiled and don't know how to show any gratitude :mad:

ps. Best of luck to Yoshiro and his downgrader.

Mr.Modem
September 3rd, 2005, 17:44
Yeah some people make me sick. I'm sure Yoshihiro will release his downgrader when he have finished testing it. You don't want it to brick your PSP do you? Make something yourself before you start complaining about some ones else work. You're acting like a 3-years old.

NeoXCS
September 3rd, 2005, 18:14
I hate how people have no gratitude for the groups who work so hard for nothing but to make everyone else's psp's better. We should be giving Wab a big hand for what they are doing. Me and my friend were the first people where I live to get psp's (from a store). And he didnt think about homebrew and updated. Finally he might be able to do what I have for so long. Wab you guys are the greatest and I'm behind you 100%! :)

RitchBetts
September 3rd, 2005, 18:57
Do any of you actually make a donation. You all sound so greatful. :confused:

To be honest so much cool stuff has come out for free on the psp do you not think that we should find a favorite of our own and thank the coder with a small paypal donation and acknolagement of our appreciation.
I know that people are always more willing when they realise just how much we all appreciate the hard work they give for free.

Meshyf
September 3rd, 2005, 21:33
The whole idea is awesome. I already have 1.50 so I don't really need this but its a big one fingere salute to sony. :D

Shapyi
September 3rd, 2005, 22:11
It amazes me how people think it's their right to demand such things, he does not have to prove shit to anyone (including you and me) unless he cares for doing so. It's always like "Ohh that release SUCKED, this group SUCK!". They do this shit for the fun of it or because it's interesting or because their just plain nice. Well, sometimes in order to get som mad credz ; )

People are "#!@£ spoiled and don't know how to show any gratitude :mad:

ps. Best of luck to Yoshiro and his downgrader.

I do not support groups that promote PSP piracy. I support legit homebrew programmers that are writing programs that don't promote taking money from Sony. Piracy was a key thing that brought down the SEGA Dreamcast, a system that I love (thats why I have a user here). I support programmers who don't use the work of others to make it easier for kids to download and play PSP games they didn't pay for. Sorry I don't show graditude to those who ruin the idea of homebrew and open software for everyone else. Piracy is the main reason why Sony doesn't support homebrew software.

I usually don't have blind faith in anything just because someone who has released stuff in the past says its true doesn't make it so. If you guys want to then go for it.

I don't need this downgrader, I have a 1.50 PSP. I hope for the sake of my fellow European PSP owners it is real and doesn't require anything illegal to pull it off (like downloading firmware rips). That way they can enjoy homebrew without having to import.

I'm not interested in getting this thread locked, I don't really want to start a flame war. This is just my opinion, I'm allowed to have it, and just like the owners of this site have every right to post whatever they want.

Cap'n 1time
September 3rd, 2005, 23:33
I do not support groups that promote PSP piracy. I support legit homebrew programmers that are writing programs that don't promote taking money from Sony. Piracy was a key thing that brought down the SEGA Dreamcast, a system that I love (thats why I have a user here).

this has been discussed many many times, and we have come to the conclusion that piracy IS NOT at all what killed the dreamcast.

anyway, i myself dont really like WAB or yoshiro, or anyone really for that matter. I disagree with their retarded little loaders... however i must admit that they do some great things for us too! so I must, therefore show some respect to them and trust their judgment as you should also.

Team Xecuter is much like WAB in that they seem to.. well not promote... but not exactly outlaw the idea of piracy either. However i respect them and have made a purchase or two from them myself because of some of the wonderfull things they have done.

I'm not interested in getting this thread locked, I don't really want to start a flame war. This is just my opinion, I'm allowed to have it, and just like the owners of this site have every right to post whatever they want.

it is your privilege, not your right to post here, this isnt the UK or the US, this is the Land of Wraggster and his mighty armies, and what he says is law. so, i must show you my wonderfull picture.

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/6092/attitude4jf.png

xuphorz
September 3rd, 2005, 23:45
1timeuser, you always have the same idea/thoughts i have

except i don't publically critisize people

but anyway, about the piracy killing d/c thing, i think that piracy (such as emulators, homebrew, even commercial dc games over internet), would HELP the dreamcast sell. people would eventually want to try those, and they would need a dreamcast to do it, resulting in buying a d/c