PDA

View Full Version : LD Chen Working on a Playstation Emu for PSP

wraggster
September 3rd, 2005, 18:51
For what must be a couple of months those of the coders and staff who have access to the private coders forum at PSP Emulation News will have known the fact that LDChen is working on bringing his Excellent Playstation Emulator to the PSP (http://fpsearm.psxfanatics.com/), now it also seems that he is thinking of porting to the GP2X Console (http://gp2x-emulation.dcemu.co.uk/), with thanks to Joe2339 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10198) for finding the news, heres what LDChen posted (http://www.pdai.org/forum/showpost.php?p=24722&postcount=6)

"Hello,
I'm following the news for this console from the time it has been announced.
I'm very interested about development for GPX2, especially because his dualcore architecture. As I wrote into other forums, I initially wanted to port my emulator on PSP. For this purpose I completed a (working!) dyna-rec engine for MIPS machines. I started it time ago for making FPSEce working on machine with MIPS cpu and now it's finished. Unfortunately, everything is going worse because:
- Sony is closing all doors to any legal free software and it prohibites the usage of unlicensed software by releasing new firmwares.
- FPSE compiled for PSP doesn't work on the only available PSP emulator.

The GPX2 (until it will change the name) has what I was looking for: it's another great platform and final users and developers will surely have much more support from the Company. ARM support for fast emulation speeds is available. Linux support is work in progress too, since I would like to do a port for the Zaurus. However, I'm a bit worried about asking it as a "free sample".
This isn't a device that costs one euro or one dollar, probably the Company wants some warranties about their investments. At the moment I don't know if I can spend much time on development because I'm searching a new job (that's why FPSEce 0.09.5 is technically almost finished, but still unreleased).
Perhaps I can still write an email to them and talk about my development and my doubts. Afterall, asking for information doesn't cost...
Sincerely,
LDChen."

So there you have it the author of one of the very best Playstation emulators is working on a PSP version but he doesnt have a PSP, so if he agrees and answers this thread i would like to start a donation fund to get a PSP for LD Chen.

PSX Emulation is something we would all like ;)

wraggster
September 3rd, 2005, 18:53
Lets see which site/sites pinch this news and dont credit me.

wraggster
September 3rd, 2005, 19:11
BTW LD Chen is you need a decent beta tester i can help out #emuholic on IRC is a great place to find many with PSPs

JOE2339
September 3rd, 2005, 20:00
Thanks for posting the news Wraggster. This author is very talented I will donate without blinking an eye.

wraggster
September 3rd, 2005, 20:04
yeah we have known about this for ages but until he went public we keep hush, but yes i would donate too

Meshyf
September 3rd, 2005, 21:29
!!! Awesome !!!

gimpyjr
September 3rd, 2005, 21:33
What's up guys im back. I've been really busy. I just celebrated my 18th B-Day and a wedding!

A new PSone emulator will be hella cool guys!

xuphorz
September 3rd, 2005, 22:18
i'l beta test
got 1.0 , 1.50 and 2.00, if you need other versions tested also

Onetonbullet
September 4th, 2005, 01:41
Count me in. Just have him set up a paypal account so we can donate.

NeoXCS
September 4th, 2005, 02:30
Damn my being young, Id donate for sure but im not quite old enough to set up a paypal of my own. Not to mention I'm as poor as can be.

Amiga
September 4th, 2005, 16:34
Damn my being young, Id donate for sure but im not quite old enough to set up a paypal of my own. Not to mention I'm as poor as can be.

Gets the violin out! ;)

Shannon
September 5th, 2005, 03:37
Is he really working on this? Sounded to me like he was not too thrilled with how sony forces updates and hence was considering just doing it on the GPX2.

Valiant
September 5th, 2005, 08:46
Gah! I hope this goes on psp. Would be nice to have a working one...^^
(*hopes for FFTactics)

Sharkey
September 5th, 2005, 09:34
Is he really working on this? Sounded to me like he was not too thrilled with how sony forces updates and hence was considering just doing it on the GPX2.
i was thinking the same thing. :(
id give 50 bucks or so to someone that can get it done,
and allow me to use the games i already own.
anyone? anyone?

Valiant
September 5th, 2005, 17:37
But getting this done would be rather...risky if you know what I mean XD

alexh
September 6th, 2005, 11:32
Isnt there an official Sony PSP emulator as part of the official SDK?

I am sure I've seen screenshots of homebrew games such as DOOM by Lantus taken using this emulator?

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/doompsp.shtml

Sharkey
September 6th, 2005, 17:14
no, you misunderstand.
this is for a psone emulator for the psp.

alepus
September 6th, 2005, 17:25
But getting this done would be rather...risky if you know what I mean XD

if you are refering to Sony suing.. i think there shouldnt be a problem... from what i know Bleem! won against Sony for the emulator.