PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft hoses down latest Xbox 360 Blu-ray rumor

wraggster
April 2nd, 2008, 23:21
If you're suddenly overcome with a feeling akin to déjà vu, go ahead and kill that speed dial to your physician. For the second time in a month, Microsoft has actually come forward to squash a Blu-ray Xbox 360 rumor. This go 'round, an alleged statement from Redmond states quite outrightly that "Lite-On is not manufacturing Blu-ray drives for Xbox 360," and it continues on by noting that "customers who want a premium movie experience [can check out the] library of on-demand HD content" available to console owners. Still, we've grown accustomed to these denials by now, and while you'd think that having a pair of rumors on the matter smashed would put the issue to rest, we've all ideas this one isn't quite dead and buried just yet.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/02/microsoft-hoses-down-latest-xbox-360-blu-ray-rumor/

mcdougall57
April 2nd, 2008, 23:38
of course theyre gonna make a drive i just dont get why they would want to keep it secret, wouldnt people want to buy an xbox for this reason?

digital downloads arent for me i prefer a hard copy without restriction and in 1080p not 720p like the downloads are now, id also like to be able to watch the film again a while down the line without renting it again

Elven6
April 3rd, 2008, 01:01
It dosen't seem likely, they will probably focus more on their DD service, by fixing DRM and of course providing higer quality video. During the format war they had time to differentiate themselves, now that time is over so they will need to stay on their toes to compete properly with Blu Ray if that is indeed their plan.