PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5 Prologue gets Smashed

Shrygue
April 3rd, 2008, 15:54
via IGN (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/864/864142p1.html)

It may have taken more than a little time for Polyphony to warm to the idea, but Gran Turismo head Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed that the series is finally going to be implementing damage, saying it could be included as a downloadable feature for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue as early as this Autumn.

In an interview with IGN earlier today, Yamauchi said that, "maybe by Fall we'll be able to implement it," before confirming that it would feature as a download for Prologue, which launched in the UK and across Europe last week. Gran Turismo has long been famed for its refusal to include any vehicle deformation, despite heightening demands from its fan-base, and any inclusion of the feature would be a massive boon for the series.

We'll have the full interview tomorrow, including Yamauchi's verdict on working on a Formula 1 title in the future, so check back for further details.

Baboon
April 11th, 2008, 08:31
I played this on a friends machine the other day and it does look very nice! :)

...its just a shame the psn online experience is utter garbage! lol

Its impossible to play friends online on GT5 prologue - the only way you can play online is against complete randoms?? Whats the deal that you can't select opponents from your friends list?? Also you can't engage in voice or text chat? and having only four events from the outset is a bit disappointing....plus theres some quite long loading times?? I know this is only 'a demo' but they are still some major faults!

Maybe in over a years time (when GT5 is supposed to be out lol) these things will be finally addressed?? ...until then I guess I'll stick with PGR4 thanks very much.

lmtlmt
April 11th, 2008, 08:50
posting the same message on 2 sites eh? baboon :p

Baboon
April 11th, 2008, 09:26
posting the same message on 2 sites eh? baboon :p

Is that a problem mate? ...not everybody goes on TP and DCemu? :confused:

If theres something wrong in my previous post regarding the GT5 demo then please correct me as I know the truth hurts? :rofl:

I'd say the main thing about the original IGN post though is that damage might be coming to GT5... thank god Sony have finally got with the program and have decided to bring the game into the next generation.

Accordion
April 11th, 2008, 11:35
It would be more accurate to describe the GT5:P online experience as " utter garbage!"

SCE does not control the online components of games in the same way as Microsoft.

No doubt it should be better in GT however.

Triv1um
April 11th, 2008, 16:05
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101269

I posted this at the end of march. Not the exact article, but its more informative and more to the point.

lmtlmt
April 12th, 2008, 03:43
Is that a problem mate? ...not everybody goes on TP and DCemu? :confused:

If theres something wrong in my previous post regarding the GT5 demo then please correct me as I know the truth hurts? :rofl:

I'd say the main thing about the original IGN post though is that damage might be coming to GT5... thank god Sony have finally got with the program and have decided to bring the game into the next generation.

no