PDA

View Full Version : As much as I like this forum...

No_one_in_particular
April 3rd, 2008, 18:37
...why the **** can it not remember which topics I've read ? Every other forum can ! I'll read a few threads while I'm at uni waiting for my next lecture, come home and have to read everything again ? Even then that's not enough - I must have opened the Star Ocean: Second Evolution thread half a dozen times, and it still shows it as unread ! :confused:

It wouldn't be so bad, but I like to check near enough every new thread in the PSP sections, consider it a bit of a weirdo complete-ist habit and it pisses me off when everywhere shows unread when I clearly pissing have !

wraggster
April 3rd, 2008, 18:44
hmm strange, i dont have that issue

JKKDARK
April 3rd, 2008, 18:47
It happened to me before. Or try clicking Mark Forums Read

No_one_in_particular
April 3rd, 2008, 18:56
That's not a bad idea^ Just hope I won't have to do it everytime I read a thread...

Wraggster: It's fine when I visit it using just my PC, but if say I log in at uni that's where these problems arise.

Shrygue
April 3rd, 2008, 19:09
I sometimes get that problem when my browser crashes before I get a chance to log off or if I forget to log off on one machine and go online using another. I usually go around it by reading what I want to see, mark all forums as read, log out and log back in - it at least reduces the amount of what looks like new posts you've actually seen aready.

Triv1um
April 4th, 2008, 00:07
It always does it to me.

It doesnt matter though.

ninja9393
April 4th, 2008, 01:01
yea i have the problem

ehhhhh oh well, whatever, nevermind
lol

jamotto
April 4th, 2008, 05:50
...why the **** can it not remember which topics I've read ? Every other forum can ! I'll read a few threads while I'm at uni waiting for my next lecture, come home and have to read everything again ?

So your viewing the forum on two or more different computers?

pibs
April 4th, 2008, 06:37
could be a browser problem, try firefox or opera.

Eviltaco64
April 4th, 2008, 06:39
Maybe if you post (and or) interact with the thread, it will mark it as read.

No_one_in_particular
April 4th, 2008, 12:52
So your viewing the forum on two or more different computers?
Yes (but not at the same time, obviously). Shryque could be right, maybe it's my fault - I could be forgetting to log out using my home computer, and then confuse it when logging in at uni ?

pibs: I use Firefox on both computers.

Eviltaco64: I suppose that could work, I'll try it next time I get these issues.