PDA

View Full Version : snes4iphone v1.5.0 beta released

wraggster
April 3rd, 2008, 20:55
So after my failure in getting saurik's new homebrew toolchain to work with my Apple iPhone and iPod Touch development, I decided to let saurik know of my progress. Good thing I did, as he quickly figured out the problem I was having, and now things are up and running! Now that I have a proper toolchain to develop with, I immediately went to work with my existing projects. First up is snes4iphone.

snes4iphone v1.5.0 has now been released to beta testers at ZodTTD.com. This build is very special as it marks what is soon to be a trend in the following weeks...performance increases! This is largely due to the great strides saurik made while updating the tools I use to develop with. With some fixes I've made plus the new toolchain, some users have reported a 50% increase in performance of snes4iphone!

I've also been working on getting sound introduced into snes4iphone though it's been an uphill battle. I can emulate and mix the sound, but for some reason it just outputs silence. More work is needed, but it at least is being worked on.

What ZodTTD.com project should get the performance treatment next?
- genesis4iphone: Could give Sega CD games the speed they need.
- gpSPhone: Could get the few slow GBA games running well.
- psx4iphone: While still too slow to matter much for almost all games, the few that run well now, will run very well. Also will add 1.1.3+ fw support.
Also worth mentioning:
- OpenTTD.app: Not sure if it needs performance increases, but it sure needs the 1.1.3+ firmware support. It's a known issue and will be updated regardless.

Keep the comments coming. Thanks,
ZodTTD

http://www.zodttd.com/forum/blog/the-zodblog/post-1625.html