PDA

View Full Version : Front SD ELF Loader v0.4 Released

wraggster
April 3rd, 2008, 21:32
SVPE (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps/Front_SD_ELF_Loader) has released a new version of the Front SD Elf Loader

Create an "elf" directory (all letters in lower-case, don't include quotes) on your SD card and put all your ELF files in there. Load the tp-hack-loader.elf with the twilight hack or the trucha-disc-loader.dol with a trucha signed disc.

If you want to compile it yourself you just need to type 'make' in the root directory. Precompiled elf and dol binaries are included.

The miniloader/ is just a quick hack to make this work with trucha discs because the apploader i used didn't seem to support a non-standard entry point. The real loader with the front SD code is in the loader/ directory.

When using the homebrew channel you might need to use the trucha-disc-loader.dol or build the miniloader/miniloader.elf file yourself.

v0.4
Some bugfixes

Also GizmoTheGreen released his versions of the elf loader too:

v0.35
Added the miniloader again
Now only one A press
Even more beginner friendly (error retry)
Trial, give feedback please.
v0.3
Skips double "Press A.." before file listing
If SD card or something else fails:
Start + Z reloads TP loader to try again.

Download Both Versions Via Comments and Give Feedback on Each

turtleman6431
April 4th, 2008, 00:48
Sooo does this fix the bug I've been getting with the homebrew channel?

souLLy
April 4th, 2008, 07:29
Sooo does this fix the bug I've been getting with the homebrew channel?

it did for me

linkinworm
April 5th, 2008, 18:31
you havent used the 10 mins yet? how? i spent like 2 hours on mario just now, it doesnt even save .

Keelhaul
April 6th, 2008, 04:21
Is the "Press A button" message in the beginning referring to a Gamecube controller? Because it won't respont to anything else, not even the power/reset buttons on the console (I don't have a GC controller atm).

____anders____
April 7th, 2008, 10:21
Is the "Press A button" message in the beginning referring to a Gamecube controller? Because it won't respont to anything else, not even the power/reset buttons on the console (I don't have a GC controller atm).

you need a GC controller, cus there is no support for wiimote yet :(

the loader shuts down the bluetooth connection to save your batteries in the wiimote, so that's why it will only flash the lights..

kingslime80
April 7th, 2008, 17:14
the loader shuts down the bluetooth connection to save your batteries in the wiimote, so that's why it will only flash the lights..

I don't know about everyone else, but I hace to take the batteries out to turn off my controller, otherwise it just jays there glowing. Glowing uses the battery too you know.

h2923j42n2
April 7th, 2008, 17:41
I don't know about everyone else, but I hace to take the batteries out to turn off my controller, otherwise it just jays there glowing. Glowing uses the battery too you know.

Are you using this program (Front SD ELF Loader)? If you are, it should turn the Wii remote off, as well as the blue light on the Wii console that turns on when you first perform the Twilight Hack.

smasher1001@hotmail.
April 7th, 2008, 18:07
Can anyone give me some help with this? I downloaded the sdelfloader.zip which gives me sdelfload-0.4.tgz which opens up to be sdelfload-0.4 which isnt the tp-hack-loader.elf file.
so where do i get the tp-hack-loader.elf file?

h2923j42n2
April 7th, 2008, 18:26
Can anyone give me some help with this? I downloaded the sdelfloader.zip which gives me sdelfload-0.4.tgz which opens up to be sdelfload-0.4 which isnt the tp-hack-loader.elf file.
so where do i get the tp-hack-loader.elf file?

That file is 'Sdelfload-0.4.tar'. You need to extract the contents from that file, and you will be able to obtain the 'tp-hack-loader.elf' file. You can probably open it in the same way that you opened the .tgz file.

smasher1001@hotmail.
April 7th, 2008, 18:37
ah,that would explain it. Filezip didnt recognize it as a tar file. added the tar extension to the end and it worked. Thanks for the help:P

glitch
May 19th, 2008, 06:39
confirmed not to be working in the Front SD slot like it is suppose to...

looking for my SD Gecko adapter but I seem to have mis placed it... I am grateful for this developers, really I am but I wish they'd get their crap right when they say it does X, Y and Z.

..just realized they no longer support SDGecko... great.. now there is no way for me to get this working...

moving on to other loaders...

Sir_Voe
May 19th, 2008, 07:17
:confused:Works great for me loaded from the front slot. This is actually my favorite loader, as it was the only one I could find that allowed me to run the ScummVM.dol file. If you retrace your steps perhaps you'll find a mistake, or maybe it's some actual incompatability. Good luck either way.

h2923j42n2
May 19th, 2008, 08:09
confirmed not to be working in the Front SD slot like it is suppose to...

looking for my SD Gecko adapter but I seem to have mis placed it... I am grateful for this developers, really I am but I wish they'd get their crap right when they say it does X, Y and Z.

..just realized they no longer support SDGecko... great.. now there is no way for me to get this working...

moving on to other loaders...

Are you trying to load it with the Twilight Hack or the cracked Homebrew Channel? If you are using the Twilight Hack, do you have the latest version (3a)? I've never had any problem with this loader, and it does exactly what it says it does.

glitch
May 19th, 2008, 14:24
using 3a with the TP hack and I know there is rzde0 and rzde2 and I have already tried both (rzde0 is the one that works, and that I used first).

my file structure is like this

SD:\boot.elf

SD:\private\wii\title\RZDE\data.bin

only thing I could figure is that I might also need to put boot.elf into a SD:\elf\tp-hack-loader.elf location so that it will load it into the wii channels since it did not seem to be loading itself into my wii channels.

I also have been using my GC controller to hit A to continue, so it is not that I am using my wiimote when I ought to be using the GC controller...

I see now http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30884 .... here's hoping

craig20022000
December 9th, 2009, 02:52
NEED HELP i installed homebrew channel it opens but nothing but bubbles floating around not sure what to do next do i have to be on internet for it to work