PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto for PSP Screenshots

wraggster
September 4th, 2005, 23:12
If theres one game for the PSP that would encourage you to upgrade to a higher firmware or indeed buy another PSP its Grandtheft auto, the Hong kong Online store Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=6533&lsaid=219793) is taking preorders and has this posted on their site:

"This PlayStation Portable GTA edition is an all-new game set in the seedy, sprawling underworld of Liberty City, the New York-Chicago hybrid that was also the crime scene for Grand Theft Auto III. Developed by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with the franchise creators at Rockstar North, you can expect all manner of adult felonies from car theft to robberies, murders and more. As has become a standard for the ambitious and controversial series, Liberty City Stories will shine on Sony's handheld with interactive, open environments, superb voice talent and diverse, cool music."

Heres some mouth watering screenshots from GTA Portable.Com (http://gtaportable.com/)

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/gta11.JPG

More screenshots below (via the comments)

Its looking very good ;)

xuphorz
September 4th, 2005, 23:22
gta awesome
i think it's going to be a port of gta 3 tho except dif chars and story, and stuff

wraggster
September 4th, 2005, 23:23
i bet a certain site copys this news :P

xuphorz
September 4th, 2005, 23:26
no doubt, it'll happen :p

p4ch3c0
September 5th, 2005, 04:16
Hopefully WAB's Version Changer will allow me to play this game...

Greensprout
September 5th, 2005, 04:33
Didn't realise this was 'developed' in Leeds, the offices aren't far from where I work..

Sharkey
September 5th, 2005, 09:48
gta awesome
i think it's going to be a port of gta 3 tho except dif chars and story, and stuff

pretty much, theres motorcycles also so thats cool.
i really never got into the versions i couldnt mod though but id still like to have it.

couldnt you just upgrade to 2.0 on a different memory card than your hombrew one so that you could have both versions 2.0 and 1.5?

im curious is why im asking,
eventually there will be enough games that force me to update and itll be a shame to lose my homebrew stuff. :(

shangrula
September 5th, 2005, 10:10
this game was my original reason to buy a PSP...it'll be good :)

WilDThraxter
September 5th, 2005, 10:52
this game was my original reason to buy a PSP...it'll be good :)
mine too. glad the firmware trick has been released cos i would have been torn between it all. phew :D

dogbite
September 5th, 2005, 12:17
so this game requires firmware 2.0?

SoQb0nc5r
September 5th, 2005, 15:24
i alreadty have 2.00 so i guess no problem for me, running this game ^^

slik da relic
September 5th, 2005, 17:35
dogbite

so this game requires firmware 2.0?

DEFINATELY!!! Madden, GTA, Final Fantasy, all games coming out for the xmas push and on is gonna require upgrading firmware. thats not even a question. gotta hope WAB really works.

da relic

chappo
September 5th, 2005, 19:45
WOW - looks great.... lets hope it doesnt have loooong loading times, as that is my only gripe with the psp

dogbite
September 5th, 2005, 23:16
well, the homebrew scene isnt that great.
i didnt buy this 400 $ to play pac man.

slik da relic
September 5th, 2005, 23:41

...and pacman isnt the only game u can play... if u even look at the scope of what u purchased (a 1.5 of course), its worth $400 EASY. now if the WAB works as stated, its the ULTIMATE portable multi media device for me. u can have the old games, along with the new games. some guys r just too anxious. when i got my psp, it sat in the box for months. i had no use for it. but i knew emulation was coming. i also knew all the ps1 and ps2 games were coming as well. u combine that with movies, (u can use ur own), photos, and music among other things, and NOW, its worth $249 to me. im glad i bought it early (for 1.5), and im glad i didnt upgrade. the ol skool games have definatly held me down. theres alot of games i havent finished and alot ive never played. if its not that great to u, upgrade ur firmware. I DARE U!!!! :p

majornoob
September 6th, 2005, 03:46
This is the reason I got my PSP, too :). I cant wait for it!

Also, where can I get more info on this WAB version changer? I would like to know as much as I can about it.

Sharkey
September 6th, 2005, 17:22

i disagree, well kinda.

if not for a way to use both versions i wont be upgrading.
for one reason alone,
i have always loved, obsessed you could say, with the games quake and doom.
and recently spent many hours trying to figure out how to mod them like my pc counterparts.
it wasnt easy but i have those mods working plus all of the expansion packs so im not willing to give my love for that up for some less than pretty ps2 port that i probably own a better version of anyway.

besides i have quite the collection right now and that along side all the homebrew, mp3s, and an almost infinite amout of movies and media,
i doubt ill be getting bored anytime soon.
definately not bored enough to give all this up,
just my opinion imo.

slik da relic
September 7th, 2005, 08:56
ive read a few posts throughout the 'net from people who miss the homebrew scene bcuz they either accidently, or intentionally upgraded their psps. u never know what u have till its gone. as of this time, there's no comin back.

da relic