PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast DVD cases

sixtyten
April 4th, 2008, 20:07
Well there used to be custom covers here but I don't see that anymore.. at the same time I don't know where else to post them, so, I'll put them here. I'm pretty awful with photoshop, so, be nice. Also, I'll just post one for now, and if there's interest I'll post the rest. Note that the image is very compressed. If you want a high quality version, I'd be glad to provide one just request it. Thanks for looking

quzar
April 4th, 2008, 22:23
I would suggest if you want others to join in, maybe put up a template or something?

Eviltaco64
April 5th, 2008, 04:10
Looks pretty good.
Can you make one (if YOU make them) for Sonic Adventure 2? That would be badass. And not like the Gamecube one either.

sixtyten
April 5th, 2008, 05:32
Looks pretty good.
Can you make one (if YOU make them) for Sonic Adventure 2? That would be badass. And not like the Gamecube one either.

Yeah I was going to try a Sonic Adventure one soon. I don't actually have the second one for DC but I'd be glad to give it a shot for you. And I do make them, there's a Sega PR FTP that has a lot of high res stuff on it. I've been using stuff on there and what I can find on Google in high enough quality. I'll post a few more covers soon.

sixtyten
April 5th, 2008, 09:26
Here's one I did for the Accurate Mix of Street Fighter IIX. The cover is an arcade flyer for the game. I decided to drop the Matching Service subtitle because I'm trying to make cases for my whole collection, and have them kind of universal, whereas Matching Service was a Japan only thing. I had a hard time with the back since the Dreamcast and arcade version seems as though it was a Japan only release, I couldn't really find any english text.

sixtyten
April 7th, 2008, 05:53
Sonic 2 is a hard one...anyone got any high res stuff I could use? I'm having the worst time with the cover...

sixtyten
April 8th, 2008, 00:18
Here's Sonic Adventure 2. I decided to make a more serious cover because I always found the game dark for a Sonic game. I also decided to use newer art because it was higher res. I didn't intend to have Shadow front and center like that, that was meant to be Sonic but I couldn't find a picture of Sonic in that pose. Anyways, not sure if I like this one, but here it is.

Eviltaco64
April 8th, 2008, 01:30
Thanks a lot for that!

AcidRain2k4
April 28th, 2008, 23:18
Have you made anymore of these?

(even joined the forum to check 'em out.)

sixtyten
May 1st, 2008, 04:10
Have you made anymore of these?

(even joined the forum to check 'em out.)

Thanks for the interest! And yes, I have. I've just been busy lately with college, and DECA (a business club competition). So between applying for college loans and going to Atlanta for a week, I haven't had time to post any. Since I'm now set to a 3 hour time difference I need to get back to normal, so, I'll post some new ones tomorrow.

sixtyten
May 2nd, 2008, 04:59
Alright here's four new ones.

The Metal Slug one is for those Neo4All users. The art is just from the Japanese arcade flyer. Nothing too fancy there. A little stamp tool work.

The F355 Challenge cover also uses the arcade artwork. I was at a loss for the back because there weren't any decent pictures of an F355 on the internet, or of the game, so, I just took the first few lines form the back of the US version and stuck the logo down there. Simple but gets it done. I'm kinda disappointed in that one, because I am a Ferrari fanatic.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater was actually the first one I ever made. It's kinda iffy, but, it was hard to find high res stuff for the game. I ended up just scanning the back and cutting it up for the back cover. The front is the cover shot from a Thrasher magazine from the late 80's/early 90's. The spine is a very stretched picture of grip tape. I was being lazy, and found a picture on the internet, I could've just taken a picture of my own grip tape, but, whatever.

RE Code Veronica is merely a modified version of the Gamecube case. A LOT of stamp tool in that cover. I even managed to keep Wesker's face intact even though the X goes right through it. I used the first part of the text from the Dreamcast version because what was on the Gamecube case went on about how it was a continuation of the series on Gamecube.

As always, if you want a high res version, just send me an email.

Right now I'm working on a Shenmue cover and I'm planning on making a Virtua Tennis one as well.

sixtyten
May 2nd, 2008, 06:11
I got bored of looking for pictures for Virtua Tennis so I decided to give Jet Grind Radio a shot. Actually came together nice and quick. So, here's a cover for Jet Grind Radio.

sixtyten
May 13th, 2008, 00:05
All covers will now be uploaded to this Photobucket account:

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk54/reviedcproject/DVD%20Covers/

They are in high resolution, so they can be downloaded and printed no problem. There are about 4 new ones there that I haven't posted here.