PDA

View Full Version : UMD Question

Somedood
April 4th, 2008, 20:56
Alright. So I've recently downloaded an ISO and I've wanted to try overwriting a pre-existing UMD with it so I can play it on my PSP without having to buy a bigger memory stick. Now. The problem is that all UMDs are write-protected and files can't be modified unless that's turned off.

From what I've heard, it is possible to remove this with certain homebrews that people have made. I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find them, if any?

darkriku2000
April 4th, 2008, 22:07
alright, here's what you do, delete the iso, turn off your psp, then go out and by the real game

thehumanidiot
April 4th, 2008, 22:48
UMDs are not rewriteable

jxx2005
April 5th, 2008, 01:01
there is no possible way to write to a UMD
even if you had a writable or re-writable UMD you wouldnt be able to write to it anyway because the PSP disc burning drive

cal360
April 5th, 2008, 01:20
Please read the rules (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=46&a=4). We don't allow any talk of illegal activities and this is classed as one. If you want to play the game without using up any space on you memory card then buy the game.

murgero1
April 5th, 2008, 04:13
UMD drive is read only!!!!
READ THE RULES!!!!!!

NO ISO TALK!!!!
SOME ONE LOCK THIS PLZ.

Somedood
April 5th, 2008, 07:16
Isn't hacking a PSP in general illegal?

thehumanidiot
April 5th, 2008, 20:49
No

darkriku2000
April 5th, 2008, 22:03
no, it just voids the warranty, but it is legal, if it wasn't, then dark alex and the pandora team would likely be in jail by now

bah
April 6th, 2008, 04:51
Disable the write protection of pressed media that was never meant to be used with a burner even when blank, then write to it with a UMD-ROM drive.....

The imagination of whoever told you that is far greater than their technical understanding of what they were saying.

The only way to run homebrew on your PSP is with a custom firmware.
ISOs, if not run correctly, will break your PSP. Just buy the game to be safe.

Twilightknight
April 12th, 2008, 16:59
The only way to run homebrew on your PSP is with a custom firmware.
ISOs, if not run correctly, will break your PSP. Just buy the game to be safe.

actually you can play isos with out any risk of bricking your psp since its running off the memory stick.

bah
April 19th, 2008, 10:00
Actually I only said that in the hope that someone with as little technical knowledge as 'Somedood' might believe it and actually pay for his games.

MicroNut
April 21st, 2008, 08:45
Actually
The only way to ensure that your PSP can run ISO's is to put it in the microwave on high for about 15 minutes. :D

bah
April 21st, 2008, 11:05
:)

jamotto
April 21st, 2008, 13:37
Actually
The only way to ensure that your PSP can run ISO's is to put it in the microwave on high for about 15 minutes. :D

Yep, it works wonders, though I would remove the battery first and it needs to be 30 minutes before you see any difference.

mike_jmg
April 24th, 2008, 19:18
is like trying to erase a music CD with your stereo