PDA

View Full Version : I am Going...

ninja9393
April 5th, 2008, 02:51
Ok i am leaving DCEmu for a while, if not permenatly. It's not like i hate the site or I have a grudge against anyone here but it's just not the same anymore. You know when i started posting (around June 2006) it was fun and exciting now it's kinda just bland same old same old. I might want to check out news and stuff but I am not gonna post anymore unless i really want to. Sorry

But I'd like to thank Gizmo, Ex, JKK, Shadow, dejkirkby, MasterChafed, Man, Kaiser, S34MU5, Triv1um, ICE, splodger, NoQuarter, Mesosade, Zion (he did help me out a lot in the early time here) and anyone else i missed for giving me a good time here.

If anyone for some reason wants to contact me my email is [email protected]

See Ya!

Oh yea, and by the way has anyone noticed that half the forum is now mirrored news?

Napalm-Death
April 5th, 2008, 03:04
"Go bye-bye! YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!"

Video_freak
April 5th, 2008, 03:34
Yeah dude I totally feel the same way. It's just that the regulars have changed, and in my personally opinion, the "atmosphere" has as well. Still, I can say I had some awesome times here and still talk to some older members on MSN, but I don't visit the actual forum as often as I used to. Oh yeah, I think it's not quite as interesting because the PSP is getting old too. Maybe we'll see a reincarnation with a new PSP coming? Who knows. :p

Man
April 5th, 2008, 03:37
Hey, have a good time away, i haven't been posting nearly as much as normal, but I frequently check news, and the like. I have noticed the mirrored news thing, but i think it just makes it easier on Wrag.

ExcruciationX
April 5th, 2008, 03:46
See you soon, bro. :(

BTW, thanks for putting me in the thanks list. :)

Shadowblind
April 5th, 2008, 03:54
Eh, its just gotten boring. Wii homebrew brings me back. Come back soon ya hear?

Well, heres to waiting for a self-righteous robot to close the thread.

Yes, i have :p

ninja9393
April 5th, 2008, 03:59
Eh, its just gotten boring. Wii homebrew brings me back. Come back soon ya hear?

Well, heres to waiting for a self-righteous robot to close the thread.

lol, that's what i thought

Eviltaco64
April 5th, 2008, 04:01
Well, come back soon.

pibs
April 5th, 2008, 04:18
Damn I feel the same way, members like acid and tetris and etc too many to name have been m.i.a leaving the threads to a dreadful bore.

Im with you on this one ima take a break as well. Btw ninja9393 I wouldn't post the email in that manner cuz people or bots will spam u.

Shadowblind and ex ill see u dudes on xblive here and there :D

ninja9393
April 5th, 2008, 04:29
Damn I feel the same way, members like acid and tetris and etc too many to name have been m.i.a leaving the threads to a dreadful bore.

Im with you on this one ima take a break as well. Btw ninja9393 I wouldn't post the email in that manner cuz people or bots will spam u.

Shadowblind and ex ill see u dudes on xblive here and there :D

ehhh about the email i could care less because my email is already so spammed up but i just zip by them in gmail

splodger15
April 5th, 2008, 09:00
Sad to see you go Ninja you got msn , good luck in what you do

Plus thanks for putting me in the list

bah
April 5th, 2008, 09:04
Oh yea, and by the way has anyone noticed that half the forum is now mirrored news?

I'd say 4/5, much of it terribly formatted with html tags left in but not being parsed.

I was the one ranting about it incessantly when wraggs first introduced them, trying to gather ppl in opposition of their spam. Almost no one seemed to care enough to post.

I think many people have just started going elsewhere instead of saying anything. It's a shame wraggs chose such a negative direction to take dcemu down.

cal360
April 5th, 2008, 12:07
CYA ninja9393, I too beleieve that DCemu has changed a lot in the past year. It seems its slowed down and its lost a lot of its major elements, I believe we do need to do something to bring it back up to what it was or else its just going to fade away and then QJ will be on top *shudders*. What we do need is a section for just anything that doesn't interfere with the rest of the site and then it would slowly gain an atmosphere again.

gdf
April 5th, 2008, 12:17
Ok i am leaving DCEmu for a while, if not permenatly. It's not like i hate the site or I have a grudge against anyone here but it's just not the same anymore. You know when i started posting (around June 2006) it was fun and exciting now it's kinda just bland same old same old. I might want to check out news and stuff but I am not gonna post anymore unless i really want to. Sorry

But I'd like to thank Gizmo, Ex, JKK, Shadow, dejkirkby, MasterChafed, Man, Kaiser, S34MU5, Triv1um, ICE, splodger, NoQuarter, Mesosade, Zion (he did help me out a lot in the early time here) and anyone else i missed for giving me a good time here.

If anyone for some reason wants to contact me my email is [email protected]

See Ya!

I know man, it used to be great fun to just hang around and have a conversation with someone, but now the community is just boring. Also, the new features that were added to the board since this time last year are pretty useless...And Junk (RIP)...

Well, see you later I suppose.

Sonicboy 101
April 5th, 2008, 12:41
Which oldie hasn't gone these days.
For me, DCEmu has become boring without the good ol' community around. I miss the old days :(
Now I'm just a lurker.

JKKDARK
April 5th, 2008, 13:17
Bye, I wish you will visit us someday.

AdamRav
April 5th, 2008, 14:00
Laterz dude

What else do you want us to say ??

NoQuarter
April 5th, 2008, 14:20
See ya round.
I don't post as much anymore either :(
I'll never get bored with the psp though, I have too much to do...
You'll be back,besides how can one not notice the trend.We need a revamp at this site.

gdf
April 5th, 2008, 14:55
Which oldie hasn't gone these days.
For me, DCEmu has become boring without the good ol' community around. I miss the old days :(
Now I'm just a lurker.

I barely even lurk anymore. We need a new community for some of the older members (I mean those who have been registered for over a year)...It's weird, because even when I joined people were saying that the community was going down the shitter.

Triv1um
April 5th, 2008, 15:11
Sorry to see you leaving dude.

I do totally understand what you mean, I feel the same and have been tempted to leave many times for the same reasons as you.

Seriously, when I joined it was great (quite late aswell). You used to look forward to going on the computer and checking out the funny threads and funny posts. Yet, now its just spam bots and flamewars (the unfunny kind).

Take care man.

AdamRav
April 5th, 2008, 16:28
We need a new front end for the site

www.dcemu.co.uk

atm, its quiet plain and simple

but still, in the psp scene dcemu has got to be one of the top sites for the news

not only have we got homebrew for psp but for all the other consoles aswell

thats what makes me come back here

dejkirkby
April 5th, 2008, 16:38
See you around, Ninja!
Hope you stay happy.
If you ever need me, you know where to find me.
I'm happy that I was able to help you in any small way.
Till next time, good buddy!

Malksta
April 5th, 2008, 18:58
I'm not the only person that feels like this?

Ya, it sucks, why can't things be like they use to be? :(

gdf
April 5th, 2008, 18:59

Well do something about it Mr Moderator ;)

Malksta
April 5th, 2008, 19:04
If I could I would of had the JUNK forum revived, sure people were ****ing about, but that was the point ;)

(.. it would also be nice if some of our staff stopped being so strict with the rules.. )

Shadowblind
April 5th, 2008, 19:07
If I could I would of had the JUNK forum revived, sure people were ****ing about, but that was the point ;)

(.. it would also be nice if some of our staff stopped being so strict with the rules.. )

You are my new favorite moderator :) Next to gunn anyway

JKKDARK
April 5th, 2008, 20:38
The JUNK forum don't give money to DCEmu, the bot newsposters do. That's why JUNk is gone and these useless bot newsposters are ruining the forum.

dejkirkby
April 5th, 2008, 20:58
For once I agree with the glam boy!

ninja9393
April 5th, 2008, 21:03
The JUNK forum don't give money to DCEmu, the bot newsposters do. That's why JUNk is gone and these useless bot newsposters are ruining the forum.

Why not have both, we don't have to pay attention to the newsposters, JUNK would make the forum exciting again, DCEmu gets money, people have fun

win win in my eyes

Trust me i wouldn't leave if junk was here so it will be exciting. I bet I can say the same for a lot of people and for DCEmu to make any money, people need to stay.

I know how this Thread is going to end up

Malksta
April 5th, 2008, 21:45
Money? DCEmu? The only money DCEmu makes are from the ad's.

ninja9393
April 5th, 2008, 22:07
Money? DCEmu? The only money DCEmu makes are from the ad's.

But JKK said that they make money from the newsposters

ExcruciationX
April 5th, 2008, 22:13

I'm trying to get DCEmu back with a thread to promote discussion, look in my recent posts to find it.

JUNK would be awesome to have back. It's badly needed here right now. I PM'd wraggster about it, he hasn't responded back though.

ninja9393
April 5th, 2008, 22:18
I'm trying to get DCEmu back with a thread to promote discussion, look in my recent posts to find it.

JUNK would be awesome to have back. It's badly needed here right now. I PM'd wraggster about it, he hasn't responded back though.

I hear that wraggster doesen't read his PM's

but that was a while back, maybe he does now

ExcruciationX
April 5th, 2008, 22:41
He should at least glance over them...

cal360
April 5th, 2008, 22:54

Without something to keep the community alive all you'll end up with is news bots posting and a few n00bs. DCemu is about the community and there's no point in sustaining a community if there's nothing here that wants us to stay here.

Malksta
April 5th, 2008, 23:09

I don't know if you knew this but, JKKDARK isn't apart of the staff.

ExcruciationX
April 5th, 2008, 23:22
money to DCEmu, the bot newsposters do. That's why JUNk is gone and these useless bot newsposters are ruining the forum.
That is the sharpest comment I've seen from you.

This begs the question of whether you're just sarcastic in every post you make.

I don't know if you knew this but, JKKDARK isn't apart of the staff.

Dun dun dun!

*plays movie of Dramatic Prarie dog with the text "JKKDARK isn't a DCEmu staff member!" placed on the the bottom of the screen*

quzar
April 6th, 2008, 04:58

JKK also says that glam metal is the best music ever, and steve on the street says aliens are running the government. I think you're looking for the conspiracy thread.

The income of the site comes from two places, straight from advertisements, and advertisement referral codes (every time you buy from playasia by a DCEmu link). The latter is why you see every new item that playasia has for sale. Nothing new, been like that for a few years.

ninja9393
April 6th, 2008, 05:24
Ok, i see your point now lol

NoQuarter
April 6th, 2008, 06:33
Honestly however Wraggy makes his cash is his business.I am very gratefull fo this site and all of it's members.It's always our choice to come here or not.

However I do think it needs a revamp.The scene and the activity on this site are very cyclical IMHO,it's only a matter of time for things to come back around.One thing I've always been irritated about is how unfriendly dcemu is to the psp webbrowser.Maybe I'm missing something,I tried looking for a portable version but gave up pretty quickly.

kcajblue
April 8th, 2008, 05:10
im sure no one noticed because no one cares about me.
but i havent been here a lot recently either.

i actually havent been on a computer until today and yesterday.

dejkirkby
April 8th, 2008, 06:51

Everybody likes you!

Triv1um
April 8th, 2008, 16:46

I noticed dude, your one of the main men on DCEmu ;) You cant go unnoticed :P

ExcruciationX
April 10th, 2008, 17:18
I noticed dude, your one of the main men on DCEmu ;) You cant go unnoticed :P
Exactly.

Quzar, was the name "Steve" a coincidence?

kcajblue
April 10th, 2008, 23:27
yay. people notice me. :D

Tetris999
April 11th, 2008, 08:55
well i dont come here much because this just really isnt a site to mess around in

you cant really make threads with no "relevant" topic here and there

so coming to this site is like coming to do buisness, ask a question and leave

and the art and design forum is pretty much dead so i dont really bother anymore

but hey, im always coming here to check news i just dont bother to even read the forums most of the time, and why would i? nothing here is interesting except the news

shoutouts to ; shadowblind, Excruation X, JKKDARK, kcajblu, Cheyzak,S3MUS(i spelled right?), pibs, Trivum, Buddy4point0,malksta,dejkirkby and all the other cool guys that i havent mentioned on dcemu

this is my first and only forum where i have reached 1000 posts, and is also the first forum i have ever joined

see ya around :P, but im just giving the reason why im so inactive

ExcruciationX
April 11th, 2008, 10:28
well i dont come here much because this just really isnt a site to mess around in

and the art and design forum is pretty much dead so i dont really bother anymore

but hey, im always coming here to check news i just dont bother to even read the forums most of the time, and why would i? nothing here is interesting except the news

shoutouts to ; shadowblind, Excruation X, JKKDARK, kcajblu, Cheyzak,S3MUS(i spelled right?), pibs, Trivum, Buddy4point0,malksta,dejkirkby and all the other cool guys that i havent mentioned on dcemu

this is my first and only forum where i have reached 1000 posts, and is also the first forum i have ever joined

You were close. :p

ExcruciationX

It seems I've made the most difficult username to type correctly (becides PLZKLLME0080).

Triv1um
April 11th, 2008, 15:38

Haha, got me wrong too :D

Everyone misses the 1.

Im sorry to see that you don't visit asmuch as you used too. Also, it seems like youve got abit of new work. Post it and try to get the Art section booming.

Mark30001
April 13th, 2008, 20:16
Mark30001 loves you guys.

Rocksil
April 13th, 2008, 20:32
wow man it like your right i remeber back in 2006 when we we were all struggling to downgrade the psp ofw 2.6 or was it 2.71 cant really remember all of us just kept posting and we found ut quite fun then but now it seems like it so dead. I left dcemu for a while beacsue my psp got brick but like 2 months ago when i finally got the pandora battery i came back but tbh it just not the same :(

Sonicboy 101
April 13th, 2008, 21:09
Mark30001 loves you guys.

Awesome words. :cool: