PDA

View Full Version : Goods and Bads of each Firmware (read, new people!)

IndianCheese
September 5th, 2005, 17:16
1.0:

Pros: Homebrew allowed without KXploit
Cons: Only sold commercially in Japan

1.5:

Pros: Allows homebrew with KXploit
Cons: Sony wants it updated NOW

1.51:

Pros: None
Cons: No homebrew allowed

1.52:

Pros: UMD Music can be played
Cons: No homebrew allowed

2.0:

Pros: Web browser, extra video and music controls, picture teleport, custom backgrounds
Cons: DEFINATELY no homebrew

Hopefully this will clear up the endless "What can 1.51 do" and "I wanna upgrade wat are the features" threads.

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 17:27
Wait,wait...So if WAB releases a downgrader for 2.0,the FIRMWARE will not accept it? Or what do you mean with "DEFINATELY no homebrew"?

IndianCheese
September 5th, 2005, 17:58
There is a 99.9% chance there will be no 2.0 hack (that does not include a downgrader, which is highly possible).

OmegaNine
September 8th, 2005, 16:23
You guys dont think they are going to include updates in thier games? I mean, Xbox has been doing it, you play a game, it says loading and it is really updating.

leggy
September 8th, 2005, 16:26
Who can say whether there will be a hack for 2.0???

I mean, those of us that have been here for quite a while went through all this before there was only homebrew on 1.0 - then 1.5 came.

OmegaNine
September 8th, 2005, 16:35
<offtopic> I have not gotten the PSP yet (Getting it afterwork today, hoping to find a mod A) i wanted to know if it was advanced enough to run HTML based IM clients like aim </offtopic>

Heran_Bago
September 8th, 2005, 23:22
Another BIG con for 1.0:
Devs make their sotware compatable for 1.5 as the main priority, thus, there is a good pile of homebrew which is not compatible with 1.0.

IndianCheese
September 9th, 2005, 01:42
There is a program called Sei PSP Tool that undoes KXploiting PBP files. Read about it here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10369).

IndianCheese
September 9th, 2005, 01:45
You guys dont think they are going to include updates in thier games? I mean, Xbox has been doing it, you play a game, it says loading and it is really updating.

Read about it on Sony's site. It says that they have updates to up to 1.52 on games already released, so I recommend getting either "No Update" or "WAB Version Changer" which I have, just in case.