PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Plus GX Wii 06/04/08 - Genesis/Megadrive Emu for Wii/Gamecube

wraggster
April 6th, 2008, 17:05
Eke-Eke (http://www.nintendomax.com/) has released a new version of his Genesis/Megadrive Emulator for the Nintendo Wii/Gamecube:

Heres whats new

06/04/2008:
-----------
[Genesis]
- updated SVP core: fix some perspective issues in Virtua Racing (thanks to Notaz)
- added internal SAT update during VRAM Fill: fix unmasked sprites during Battletech's intro
- fixed m68k core issues with gcc 4.2.3: fix Xperts, Lemmings 2, M1 Abrams Battle Tank
- forced YM2612 Enveloppe update: fix intro music in Batman&Robin (thanks to Aamir)

[NGC/Wii]
- removed not working DVD features (Wii mode only)
- fixed Timers with PAL roms
- added EURGB60 TV mode support: fix "red screen" issue with PAL Wii when using RGB cable
- added PAL50 TV mode support (PAL and NTSC roms), see video options
- added "TP reload" option, use "System Reboot" (Wii mode only)
- added Front SD rom loading support with LFN & subdirectory browsing (Wii mode only)

Download and give feedback and Compatability Reports via comments

andytjm
April 6th, 2008, 17:14
Yes finally. Gonna try this now woo!

Edit: works well, virtua racing really good and saves to a gamecube memory card like the snes emulator.

idapimp
April 6th, 2008, 18:55
i wonder when the coders will figure out how to get games to save onto the front SD card.

vicious1988
April 6th, 2008, 19:31
Awesome, now I'm gonna have to get some genesis roms to try it out. Any recommendations? Other than Sonic.

idapimp
April 6th, 2008, 19:59
road rash, phantasy star, ecco, earthworm jim

Xiofire
April 6th, 2008, 21:40
Wow, the Wii Homebrew scene is really kicking off. I better dust off the old boy and try some of this stuff out myself.
-Xiofire

jfroco
April 7th, 2008, 01:09
Eke-Eke,

Thank you!!!

This emulator is the best one for Wii, so far: VC quality.

Regards

JF

wraggster
April 7th, 2008, 17:56
i really must stop being a lazy bast and get my Wii setup properly for homebrew:)

Super Skidmarks and Megalomania i loved on the genesis

Demonic_Cr0w
April 8th, 2008, 02:06
What directory do you put the roms in?

PeyeRate420
April 8th, 2008, 09:08
says it dont matter for SD because you can browse although i cant seem to ....If you use sd gecko its suppose to be ms0:/genisisplus/roms

paco9060
April 9th, 2008, 22:43
I keep trying to play this but every time I boot it up and select the front SD slot to load the roms it gives me the error "unable to mount SD CARD: 0".

I have the /genplus/roms directory set up but it says it failed to mount the SD every single time... What gives? I'm using the Elf homebrew loader BTW.

darrenwall
April 16th, 2008, 13:21
I tried this but my screen keeps on rolling when i load it and cannot make out the menu to do anything, any ideas ?