PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pixel Cleaner

IndianCheese
September 5th, 2005, 18:36
Does anyone have a link for a good dead pixel cleaner?

Daishi001
September 5th, 2005, 19:14
A Dead Pixel is a Hardware Bug in your LCD and isnt removeable by any Software.

IndianCheese
September 5th, 2005, 23:07
never mind i found one at pspupdates.com

Shiaoran
September 6th, 2005, 01:06
u may have found a dead pixel CHECKER, it has images of various solid colors to help you see if u have dead pixels...
I've used it once and i have none ^^

PSP_Newbie
September 6th, 2005, 03:51
well, actually, there are a few dead pixel clearners out there, they repeatedly flash different color pictures in a video or other to try to attempt to fix them.
however, its debatable whether they do anything other than give u a seizure...
tell me if it works, i would love to know if it does

therod
September 10th, 2005, 04:39
they wake up LAZY pixels, not DEAD pixels.

cablio
September 11th, 2005, 08:48
Waking up DEAD pixels is possible. It's called LCDVooDoo :P

IndianCheese
September 11th, 2005, 22:57
u may have found a dead pixel CHECKER, it has images of various solid colors to help you see if u have dead pixels...
I've used it once and i have none ^^

Uh-uh. It removes certain dead pixels; there are two kinds of dead pixels: those that appear from damage to the screen, and those that appear from lack of usage to the screen. The video only works on the "lack of usage" kind. Damage cannot be repaired by the video.

cablio
September 12th, 2005, 08:39
As far as I know there are 4 kinds of dead pixels.
Red Dead, Green Dead, Blue Dead and Totally dead.
[color] Dead pixel won't work if the image is only [color]. (Replace [color] with one of the 3 colors)
Totally Dead pixel won't work on any color (remains black regardless of image)

There's no software way to "remove" dead pixels. If you are to fix a dead pixel, you need tons of knowledge, surgical hand and tools, spare working pixels and probably a big luck. Ofcourse it's more expensive than getting new display but it's possible. It's a hardcore harware way.

Dead pixels usualy appear while manufacturing the display. If you are about to bash your display so bad that it will cause dead pixels, you would probably send the whole device to hell.

There's no way you can "kill" pixel by not using it. You can "burn" an image on the display by keeping it constant for hours, but this is the exactly opposite effect.

Define: dead pixel (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=define%3A+dead+pixel&btnG=Search)

*o*
September 12th, 2005, 09:14
it is impossible to replace a pixel

pepegomez
September 12th, 2005, 11:07
of course not o_O
if so ud have to remove the screen from the lcd paneland make something with this dead pixel. but i think that wont work cuz this lcd is a liquid afaik

ataribob
September 17th, 2005, 02:51
THat's funny
My wife had 2 dead Pixels One Black and one red

The dead Pixel fixer fixed them both.
Took a little over an hour

chronos
September 30th, 2005, 07:40
You meant your wife's PSP right? :P

arsenal007
January 1st, 2006, 02:12
wot do use all mean dead pixels? if its a dead pixel then its dead u cant make that pixel working again

tryqus
January 7th, 2006, 17:19
These videos/programs will not fix DEAD pixels. They flash colors in hopes that STUCK pixels can be forced to change. That annoying green dot on your screen? Yeah theres a good chance that a stuck pixel. Ive heard a lot of contradictory stuff about these videos. Some say they work, others have gone as far as to say that it actually made the problem worse (stuck more pixels). I would personally love to fix my 4 stuck pixels. Im going to trying a few of them out later.

-Tryqus

Jdemon
January 8th, 2006, 04:11
Well if ataribob says it works, I guess it's worth another try. I never let it play that long.

morg13
January 9th, 2006, 17:39
60% of all pixel can be repeirt
well ther are good videos (stuck pixel fixer) search it on google!