PDA

View Full Version : PSN Store DRM Cracked!

wraggster
April 6th, 2008, 20:09
Hmm ive reposted this as i didnt fully take notice of the original news item, seems some hackers have cracked the protection on the PSN Store, this will lead to more piracy which will do yet more damage to the PSP Scene, i also advise all decent PSP News Sites to steer clear of this because you can bet Sony will clamp down massively on those who do post any files.

Remember that piracy hurts the PSP Scene. Custom Firmwares are one thing but this is pure piracy

F9zDark
April 6th, 2008, 20:57
Well that sucks for Sony. Unfortunately they have already put users in a position of being able to "pirate" PSN games; simply login as your account on your friend's PS3 and redownload games you purchased to their PS3; there's apparently nothing stopping them from doing that, and supposedly we get 5 downloads per item before having to repurchase it...

Triv1um
April 6th, 2008, 21:14
Well that sucks for Sony. Unfortunately they have already put users in a position of being able to "pirate" PSN games; simply login as your account on your friend's PS3 and redownload games you purchased to their PS3; there's apparently nothing stopping them from doing that, and supposedly we get 5 downloads per item before having to repurchase it...

It can be activated on 5 systems, and the 5 systems can redownload asmany times as they wish.

Very easy to do.

PSmonkey
April 6th, 2008, 21:14

Thats not piracy. That is intent by sony. They wanted people to be able to go to a friends house and be able to download the software again to play on a friends ps3/psp with out the need of bringing along a ps3.

It also extends to ps1 games since you can install it on your ps3 and psp systems with only 1 purchase.

Accordion
April 6th, 2008, 21:27
Im not really one to recommend censorship, but is it a good idea to advertise such abilities.

I understand this is indirect, but this article provides access to information without any legal uses.

Veskgar
April 6th, 2008, 21:28
What's worth stealing on the PSN store anyway? I just don't see the point.

DarthPaul
April 6th, 2008, 21:35
Pirates are pissing me off to a point that I'll have to stop being a pirate myself. :p

Buddy4point0
April 6th, 2008, 21:45
Ha there is no point to this really.
Every iso in the psn is already in torrents.
and there are alot more iso's available though torrents then there are on the psn.

pointless.

DPyro
April 6th, 2008, 21:54
PS3 store has been hacked as well apparently.

borgqueenx
April 6th, 2008, 22:17
i'd use this to get the games - because i dont have a credit card, and no ideal or paypal support, wich sux! :(

PSmonkey
April 6th, 2008, 23:01
i'd use this to get the games - because i dont have a credit card, and no ideal or paypal support, wich sux! :(

No. The correct answer is you will go out and find a store who carries prepaid PSN cards (Target and walmart are said to carry them) and use thoes to buy off psn.

:|

NoQuarter
April 6th, 2008, 23:43
I haven't bought anything from the PSN for PSP but I have three psp's.Does the 5 downloads work for psp's as well?
If it doesn't then something like this would allow me to play my games on all of my psp's.
I really have no need to bootleg this stuff,besides it's cheap anyway.

stevo11185
April 7th, 2008, 00:11
wood free games ^^

Broonale
April 7th, 2008, 00:38
I hope this doesn't hamper new games!

I love Flow, Stardust and Snakeball!

PSmonkey
April 7th, 2008, 03:41
I haven't bought anything from the PSN for PSP but I have three psp's.Does the 5 downloads work for psp's as well?
If it doesn't then something like this would allow me to play my games on all of my psp's.
I really have no need to bootleg this stuff,besides it's cheap anyway.

Its not 5 downloads period. Its you can register your games to 5 different PSPs. You can even unregister PSPs to get your license back.

So in no way is sony dicking people over with the PSN. They've been the most open setup so far.

andwhyisit
April 7th, 2008, 03:53
Pirates are destroying the psp homebrew scene. Dark AleX really needs to create a protection like the psn store DRM for iso's and update it every cfw. This way pirates will have a choice: give up piracy or forget about any games requiring 4.00 or over. :D

Though I wonder how that would work when Sony's has failed with theirs.

Also the pre-paid cards are a good idea if they ever released them in somewhere other than the US or Japan. But it is not like there is anything worthwhile there until flOw is released.

acidspunk
April 7th, 2008, 04:31
^Oh yeah let's DRM the CFW. That seems like a good idea FO SHO!

Fr0sTy
April 7th, 2008, 04:47
beats and flOw are the only 2 really worth it... i bought them and i can honestly say they are good!

royvedas
April 7th, 2008, 08:19
woohoo! I don't have a ps3 yet, but I like free pirated games - it's very cost-effective, if you catch my drift.

Makes me feel like the king of the world.

Veskgar
April 7th, 2008, 09:18
Despite stuff like this, the PSP has never been doing better. Did you see the recent sales data for Japan last week? The Slim PSP is very popular and selling plenty of hardware and software sales are doing pretty good too.

The PSP is a success. There is no indication that the homebrew scene has slowed the PSP down or initiated the beginning of its demise.

Scenes similar to this and pirating have been around for almost every platform over the last 20 or so years. That doesn't make everything ethically right, but lets not jump the gun and create some sort of "sky is falling" paranoia.

The PSP will be fine. We'll get another year or 2 with the excellent Slim and SONY will give us yet another hardware revision and improvement.

jvabbdac
April 7th, 2008, 10:42
I bought flOw, and Beats! By Entropay...is a site like paypal ! But give me a credit card number to buy it...Paypal don't work !

Qmark
April 7th, 2008, 17:22
Despite stuff like this, the PSP has never been doing better.Having the 'ability' to pirate games actually led to me buying several games.

Back when 1.5 was king, downgraders were skittish, and upgrading had no guarantee of going back, I had a PSP and one game (Lumines), and no desire to purchase any games requiring any firmware higher than 1.5.
After 352oe appeared, I bought about three or four new games, after pandora battery, bought seven or eight more games, plus the eight bucks for flOw.

Or to summarize:
Locked-down hardware = Refuse to leave 1.5. Only considering games that run on 1.5.
Cracked hardware = buying a new game roughly every one or two months.

djbrotherson
April 7th, 2008, 18:47
I personally don't care... piracy or not

Just give us cool shit and we'll all shut the hell up

darknight88
April 7th, 2008, 21:33
I hope those ppls who pirate PSN titles get banned by sony on their service. If you dont have a credit card, go buy one of those visa gift cards which act like real CCs.

NoQuarter
April 7th, 2008, 22:18
If I can register 5 psp's just like the ps3 then this is usefull only for piracy,so I guess I don't need it.

jamotto
April 8th, 2008, 04:43
I was hoping that this would allow the PlayStation Network Downloader to work on a windows version other than XP or Vista, but no luck it's not very useful to me.

oooooomonkeys
April 8th, 2008, 14:20
sony is just pretty useless really arnt they. i dont see a reason to buy a ps3 never mind steal there crappy games.
i'll just stick to my wii and 360.

Nocuddle
April 8th, 2008, 15:44
PSP games always sucked big time since beginning.
Few more sucky games to get pirated wont hurt anyone.

Place a DRM on CFW & say good bye to ur PSP. Might as well DA work with s0ny then.

andwhyisit
April 9th, 2008, 04:47
PSP games always sucked big time since beginning.
Few more sucky games to get pirated wont hurt anyone.

Place a DRM on CFW & say good bye to ur PSP. Might as well DA work with s0ny then.
I rip all my isos and csos from the games that I bought, actual good psp games like Daxter, PoPoLoCrois and Disgaia. DRM on CFW (as in a UMD rip would then only work with the PSP it was ripped with and cannot be distributed over the internet) will make sure that CFW is used for UMD backups or games you own and homebrew LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO. Piracy is what forces Sony to attack CFW, if they see Dark Alex adding the DRM for UMD rips they might stop making it so hard for him.