PDA

View Full Version : Aaarghh !!!! I need help, a lot of help...

ldaneels
April 7th, 2008, 18:57
Alright, kids, we love them, but sometimes they do the worst possible things. In my case, my son "updated" my psp with the official 3.73 firmware.

I have tried to figure out how to reinstall a custom firmware, but I am really not understanding how to do it or if it is even possible at that point. So ok, I am not technically minded & some things that some people see as exceedingly easy are not so easy to me.

In short, can someone answer the following questions:

- is it possible to reinstall a custom firmware from the official 3.73 firmware. If it is, how do you do that (please give me a very clear explanation with all steps described precisely - just imagine I am a retard, that should help :rofl:) ?

- If it is not possible, does anyone know if the new PSPs can be modified with custom firmware ? I might just have to buy a new one anyway. If it is how do you do that (same as above, please be excruciantingly clear) ?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Loic

jxx2005
April 7th, 2008, 19:36
you will need a pandora's battery and magic memory stick to reset your PSP back to 1.50 if its a FAT
or 3.60 if its a slim

ldaneels
April 8th, 2008, 00:33
Ok, so I downloaded the pandora installer but when I try to format "logically" using mspformat, it tells me "open errror <read>".
Any idea why this is happening ? I have tried 2 different memory sticks without success.

No_one_in_particular
April 8th, 2008, 20:28
Yes your only option is to use the Pandora Battery + Magic Memory Stick option, however there are some complications.

You can only make the Pandora Battery by either:
1. Using a PSP on custom firmware to make one (easy method - the one you're trying)
2. Opening the battery and hard-modding it
3. Buying a Datel Tool Battery.

If you're trying to make a Pandora Battery using your 3.93 PSP it's not going to work, as it can't run unsigned code. You'll need to either find someone with a hacked PSP or do the other two options above.

MicroNut
April 8th, 2008, 20:53
Yep, Pandora (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148040799&postcount=8) is your only option.

@No_one_in_particular

No_one_in_particular
April 8th, 2008, 21:24
Cheers. She's called Hope Sandoval; singer of Mazzy Star. The pic's just a still from their Halah video.