PDA

View Full Version : Bought a gamecube. what do i need for homebrew?

wiggy fuzz
April 7th, 2008, 21:10
i finally gave in and bought a gamecube - pickedit up for £9.99, and a copy of mario kart double dash (which cost more than the console). a bit late, i know, but i just had to own one...

anyway, can anyone provide a full rundown of what i need to load homebrew onto my console. i'm interested mostly in emulators, really. thanks in advance.

JKKDARK
April 7th, 2008, 21:41
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42901

Eviltaco64
April 7th, 2008, 23:10
Im thinking of getting a Gamecube.

From what I've seen on the Internet, I'd recommend getting the GC port of FCEUltra, SNES9xGX, Neo Geo CD emulator, Genesis Plus, the (*commercial cough cough) N64 emulator.

Those are a few recommended emulators.
And the reason I refer to using the commercial N64 emulator (the one used to emulate N64 Zelda games on the Cube) is because that's about as good as it's going to get in that department.

I believe it runs:
Zelda Ocarina of Time (along with Master Quest) and Majora's Mask (obviously)
Mario 64 (with save)
Mario Kart 64
Banjo Kazooie (needs some sort of patch though)
Mario Party(rumored)
Smash Bros and Paper Mario have been rumored to work through the Ethernet Adaptor load style (and you can copy that ISO if you enable view hidden files)
Many others that I cant think of at the time.
But it runs a few select games and Nintendo probably isnt making anything on it anymore since Virtual Console, so what the hell?

And I can see what's gonna happen.

This Discussion Cannot go any further.

***LOCKED*** lol

Eviltaco64
April 7th, 2008, 23:15
And for getting homebrew to work, there's the easy softmod way which is getting SDLOAD which is bundled with a 1GB SD Card (use some tutorial to learn how to use it).
And there's the hardmod.
I myself would recommend either ViperGC Extreme, Qoob, or XenoGC.
And, once again, just follow online tutorials.