PDA

View Full Version : Want to play Nintendo 64 on Gamecube/Wii?

Eviltaco64
April 8th, 2008, 02:56
For those anticipating the upcoming release of the port of Mupen to Gamecube (and soon Wii), "Wii64".
It's very promising to say the least, and I cant wait for it to be playing games fullspeed! But in the meantime, while you wait, you might want to try this out!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_pjB12YMCp4

This is Mario Kart 64 running on the Commercial N64 emulator developed by Nintendo for emulating Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Master Quest as well) and Majora's Mask.

I dont know much about it besides the fact that it runs Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Banjo Kazooie, Doom 64, and Starfox 64 at fullspeed.

P.S. - How do you embed videos?

P.P.S. - Dont say this isnt respecting DCEmu policies, because the Commercial PS1 emulator for PSP is widely used and mentioned on these forums.

Eviltaco64
April 8th, 2008, 03:41
Of course this got burried by Wraggster's spam bots.

Eviltaco64
April 8th, 2008, 16:56
I have these files for anyone interested.
I would upload them, but I dont know if that's allowed by DCEmu's policies.

For now, anyone who wants this emulator (along with the tool to inject the rom), PM me.

Cheers,
-Eviltaco64

____anders____
April 8th, 2008, 22:17
that's cool, but i don't have a GC memoryCard :( it almost looks like it runs too fast ;)

Eviltaco64
April 9th, 2008, 02:26
that's cool, but i don't have a GC memoryCard :( it almost looks like it runs too fast ;)

You dont even need to save.
That guy skipped saving himself.

And yeah, it does look kinda fast, but it's definitely real.

DimensionT
April 9th, 2008, 02:53
I don't think it'd be within the rules to post it here. It uses copyright code to get the games to work.

Also, it only runs 12 games tops. Some without sound and others with video issues. It was only designed for Zelda after all.

Eviltaco64
April 9th, 2008, 03:11
I don't think it'd be within the rules to post it here. It uses copyright code to get the games to work.

Also, it only runs 12 games tops. Some without sound and others with video issues. It was only designed for Zelda after all.

Yeah, well I can hopefully still talk about it.
And yeah, the compatibility is low, but it does run a few games...Starfox, Mario Kart, Mario 64, Zelda(s), Banjo Kazooie works with a patch, a couple others confirmed... And so far, that's better than the homebrew emulator, which cant run anything above 25FPS...

Shadowblind
April 9th, 2008, 04:24

Ok then in that case just send me the PM to it. Not a single person on these forums can rightfully tell me they own all the ROMs they have...

DimensionT
April 9th, 2008, 05:27
All I was saying is that he shouldn't post the emulator here. No reason he can't talk about it.

Posting the actual emulator would be like posting ISOs and what not. Since it's made by Nintendo and ripped from the disc, it's basicly pirated.

Eviltaco64
April 9th, 2008, 20:58
Yeah, that's understandable.
People talk about the PS1 emulator for PSP, but there's not actual seperate emulator available for download.

Shadowblind
April 9th, 2008, 21:16
All I was saying is that he shouldn't post the emulator here. No reason he can't talk about it.

Posting the actual emulator would be like posting ISOs and what not. Since it's made by Nintendo and ripped from the disc, it's basicly pirated.

I wasn't getting mad at you, just the fact that its actually pirating. I guess in the same way music is pirated if ripped from the disk as well...

BlueCrab
April 13th, 2008, 05:01
Too Warezy... We don't allow discussion of segagen so this is out of the question too.

Topic Closed