PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE]Sony Of Official 3.95 Firmware

gamefreak199101
April 8th, 2008, 11:19
This is another release by sony, which for me i think its worthless and they just want to waste our time with it.For those who wants to get to that firmware you can update via Settings>Network Update.

The New Features are:

* While playing PSone games on your PSP, you can now customize how the buttons are assigned by going to
[Controller Settings] > [Assign Buttons] and select [Custom].

* You can now quit Remote Play and choose to turn off your PS3 or leave it on after quitting. This is useful if you are performing a download and want to quit Remote Play, but still want your download to continue on the PS3. Select [Quit and Turn Off the PS3 System] or [Quit Without Turning Off the PS3 System] from [Quit Remote Play] when you press the HOME button on the PSP system.

Download or Update Via Network Update
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/2/198862/EBOOT.PBP

AdamRav
April 8th, 2008, 11:23
Waste update tbh

-Xandu-
April 8th, 2008, 13:35
Another useless update from Sony :D.

MicroNut
April 8th, 2008, 14:56
Cant seem to decrypt this yet.
M33 and RS both fail.

mavsman4457
April 8th, 2008, 16:04
I for one can't wait until, firmware 3.976. It will be great to see those tiny bugs fixed.

Seriously though, I just realized this but since Pandora Sony has stopped releasing firmwares with "security patches." That's pretty amusing now that I think about it. Anyone else notice this?

jxx2005
April 8th, 2008, 16:08
another pointless update
AT LEAST
its not as pointless as 3.93

with this update, you can download and use new radio players, but you you can use the new radio players with the previous update aswell

DPyro
April 8th, 2008, 16:10
Maybe because there's absolutely no security in the PSP now and it would be pointless to try and stop it.

WermerSkoch
April 8th, 2008, 16:53
I dunno, the custom button assignments for PS1 games seems pretty neat...

bah
April 8th, 2008, 17:03
Probably just playing devil's advocate more than anything else but:

User-customisable controller mapping in pops has to be useful somewhere. More so to the people here at dcemu once the functionality is included in a cfw.

While I agree almost all listed changes to official firmwares are worthless (to me), they (and their often objected to business model) did pay people to write pops for dax to unlock in between releasing a (terrible to the point of being useless to me) web browser and the BS jxx2005 posted.

I think they will keep making (futile) changes in future firmwares even if they know it wont stop people who want to 'hack' their PSP. Just making it seem complicated enough to be slightly intimidating to a non technically inclined kid is probably enough reason. Something like 'You have to use version Y with firmware Y not version X that was used for firmware X' does seem to be enough to bother many newbs in the PSP scene.

By what MicroNut said they did at least change the encryption keys which I believe in at least some past updates they have not.

MicroNut
April 8th, 2008, 18:16
I don't know if they changed the encryption or not.
Lets give RS and others a chance to look at this.
Might only be a minor change again.
I don't know much about it.

This is what I have tried.
RS PsarDumper 3.2 with or without pspdecrypt.prx for 2LRZ, KL4E and KL3E on 3.71M33-4 or 3.91M33-3 errors out with a "pspPSARInit failed".
PSARDumper Mod with KL4E and KL3E support fails as well but i didn't expect it to work since it has never been recompiled to support larger PSAR's since 3.80.

Axelius
April 8th, 2008, 18:43
*Still waiting for 4.00-M33*...hopefully with DivX-support.:thumbup:

But changing buttons in the ps1-emulator isn't useless at all. Well, I for one don't use it (I never had a ps1) but I think this can be pretty handy...

KING RICH
April 8th, 2008, 19:15
absollute rubish update!
i had my hopes on the 4.0 update!! why are they taking soo long?!?
i really am puzzled....

darkness angel 777
April 8th, 2008, 21:41
what a waste of an update!

-=me=-
April 8th, 2008, 21:53
How is this a waste of an update? Sony should be making constant updates to fix little bugs. that remote play fix is useful if you have a ps3, and the button changes for ps1 games can also be just as good.

PSPdemon
April 8th, 2008, 22:36
hmmm

maybe sony is throwing out mini updates to get ready for the big one?

anyway, some people may say these little firmware updates are useless....but they arnt "totally" useless. as mentioned... the ps3 fix is nice and ps1 custom key config is pretty nice as well :)

however we all await for the big firmware.... \o/ 4.0 \o/

hopefully the next update will be 4.0 ;)

watupgroupie
April 9th, 2008, 02:24
Argh. Annoying. Can't wait for 3.40. Some rumoured features that if true will make me once again totally obsessed with my psp again. Not to say I'm not still a little obsessed but that will make me as bad as when ps1 emu came out.

No_one_in_particular
April 9th, 2008, 03:48
When 3.0 came out, did the Sony hatred die down for a split-second ? It's a little hard to imagine. It seems every time the word Sony's mentioned, within minutes you've got a reply from some anti-Sony random, frothing at the mouth with anger.

psp411
April 9th, 2008, 03:49
useless... i havnt touched my psp for a while and this will definately help me to keep that trend :D :cool:

bar2ts
April 9th, 2008, 06:49
How do you install 3.90 m33 firmware on a 3.95 firmware?

andwhyisit
April 9th, 2008, 12:46
How do you install 3.90 m33 firmware on a 3.95 firmware?
Pandora Battery. That means you require someone else who already has cfw in order to do it. Sorry but when you want custom firmware the golden rule is to not update your official firmware. The higher the official firmware the more complicated the method to downgrade becomes.

And the process is:
3.95 > 1.50 > 3.52M33-4 > 3.90M33
(The underlined section is the hard part)

Dancor
April 11th, 2008, 05:29
Darn! I updated my FW as well. I now have 3.95 and just read here that it is hard to downgrade and get a CFW with it.
:(

Is there anyone out there to help me with this issue?
:o

I've been playing games for ages, but only last month I thought of homebrewing anything and started reading about it (not a complete noob. I have some programing background.... erm not on psp, tho.)
:p

QPHackCrushdestroy
April 13th, 2008, 13:23
wHAT IS THE POINT SONY THE ONLY WAY YOULL EVER GET ON THE GOOGD SIDE IS TEAMING UP WITH NINTENDO AN MICROSOFT AND MAKING THE PSP DS 360 HANDHELD GAMING CONSOLE

doclane
April 13th, 2008, 15:07
absollute rubish update!
i had my hopes on the 4.0 update!! why are they taking soo long?!?
i really am puzzled....

i'm guessing it will probably be released around the same time the new psn store is unveiled.

NoQuarter
April 13th, 2008, 15:19
I like these new features,I regularly use pops and remote play.Can't wait for the next cfw,doesn't need to be this update though...

No_one_in_particular
April 13th, 2008, 15:24
wHAT IS THE POINT SONY THE ONLY WAY YOULL EVER GET ON THE GOOGD SIDE IS TEAMING UP WITH NINTENDO AN MICROSOFT AND MAKING THE PSP DS 360 HANDHELD GAMING CONSOLE
Nice first post !

...****ing moron.