PDA

View Full Version : LittleBigPlanet coming to PSP

Shrygue
April 8th, 2008, 19:58
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186407)

LittleBigPlanet is currently in development for PSP at Sony Studio Liverpool, a source has told CVG today.

No further details were offered as to how the game will work on the PSP, but if true, we'd expect the portable edition to feature link up options with the PS3 version, set for release in September.

We could see scope for transferable levels, or a level editor on the PSP that would allow you to keep working on your creations even when away from the PS3.

We could also imagine the relatively basic 2D gameplay of the console version working well on the portable, although it would be interesting to see how the physics mechanics would convert. If the impressive bendy physics in games like Loco Roco are anything to go by, it could work pretty well.

Sony UK was unavailable for comment at the time of writing.

Milleniumas
April 8th, 2008, 20:51
omg!! omg!! best news this years!

Triv1um
April 8th, 2008, 21:32
This better not push because the PS3 version.

This game will not be good on PSP, the PS3 one looks beautiful. Nothing that can be done on PSP.

Bad idea. I will not be buying it if it comes out on PSP.

DarthPaul
April 8th, 2008, 21:54
WAHHH!! Awesome news!

I kinda disagree with you Trivium. You know they won't make the same one on the PS3. The PSP probably can't support that much, but something is something, and I'm glad they're making it. I can't wait to see what they can do together. If they can do something, that is.

I'll probably buy both versions, PS3's and PSP's.

Triv1um
April 8th, 2008, 23:31
I'll probably buy both versions, PS3's and PSP's.

You see, thats what I highly disagree with. Im not paying £40 for the PS3 game and £30 for the PSP one. Just for some crappy features (Could prove me wrong when it comes out. In fact I hope it does.) and something that is likely to be a shite game for PSP. It just cant be vast enough, and by the vids ive seen of the PS3 one, its hugely vast!

Just a money grabber. Hopefully, I wont have my PSP anymore by the anyway.

No_one_in_particular
April 8th, 2008, 23:44
I dunno, I'd like to keep optimistic until I can actually SEE what it's like, your doubts are definitely understandable but IF this rumour is true then I've got to believe this must work on some level.

It's all a bit reminiscent of Assassins Creed for me, you're sure it's not going to be as good, but hoping that it could work. Whether it will, remains to be seen, but I'd rather have the choice of having it than not, y'know what I mean ?

Btw, you're getting rid of your PSP ? That mean you'll be leaving in the near future ?

Shadowblind
April 9th, 2008, 00:26
Can't wait! Now I really don't have a reason to get the PS3 till God of War III... :/

Mister Klownes
April 9th, 2008, 03:08
Sounds like an interesting venture to me. Maybe some kind of way to create levels then transfer? It'd be pretty cool to work on a level while you're out and about, then get home and give it a go on the real game engine.

ojdon
April 9th, 2008, 16:51
I know this is kinda of off-topic but whenever I see "LittleBig" I always think it's the return of the old classic "Little Big Adventure"