PDA

View Full Version : Sony's BDZ-A70 Blu-ray recorder with 1-touch transfer to Walkmans and PSP

wraggster
April 8th, 2008, 23:32
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/04/sony-bd-bdz-a70.jpg

Now we're talking Sony, this is the type of integration we expect to see on the heels of your promise to cash in on portable video after losing the audio battle to Apple. As a Blu-ray recorder, the BDZ-A70 features all the in/outs you'd expect and recording to a 320GB (the new BDZ-T90 offers 500GB) disk or dual-layer BD-RE media from a host of analog and digital tuners. Great, but what's most notable here is the new one-touch video transfer to Sony's PSP, select mobile phones including NTT DoCoMo's FOMA 905i, and video Walkmans like Sony's new NW-A820. As you may have noticed, those last two are Japanese products. Appropriate given the Japan-only launch of these players in April for about ¥170,000 ($1,658). Still, we're pretty sure they'll go global soon enough.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/08/sonys-bdz-a70-blu-ray-recorder-with-1-touch-transfer-to-walkman/

DarthPaul
April 9th, 2008, 03:40
$1,658? :eek:

koh-kun
April 9th, 2008, 05:17
Don't you remember how much DVD players were when they first came out? They went for like 1k each too - and all it did was play movies!! Now all these weird brands from China go for $50 lol

If the PS3 started doing this, I would get one, and a Walkman.

Avenyet
April 9th, 2008, 09:46
$1,658

so in real money that's £842. I'm impressed just over double the PS3 was.

but Its about damn time we got something like this I wonder how long it takes for a standard 1 hour video to get on the PSP (and how much it compresses it by) I hope its not stupidly slow because I could really use something like this.

I'm guessing it can do it for any media??? not just record programs and Blu ray so DVD's?

bah
April 9th, 2008, 11:28
Drm?

EDIT: Why the hell does dcemu de-capitalise the R and M, even from an edit? Acronyms are meant to be capitals, its not newb all-caps typing.

Joe88
April 10th, 2008, 01:54
Drm?

EDIT: Why the hell does dcemu de-capitalise the R and M, even from an edit? Acronyms are meant to be capitals, its not newb all-caps typing.

wow that sucks

ab88
April 10th, 2008, 09:57
DRM

Drm?

DRM

trying

DRM

And yet it let the EDIT go past the filter :eek:

Edit: Mhhh weird. It let me use all capitals, even at the beggining

bah
April 10th, 2008, 11:21
From testing it seem to do it when the all capitalised word is the only word in the post.
There was some inconsistent behaviour in one instance though so perhaps its not just that.

Heres the messages (now deleted) that I tried. All the 'DRM's were typed capitalised.

Drm?

Drm

Drm?

Drm? Drm Drm

Drm? Drm

Drm

DRM?

Every one of the DRMs in all these posts were typed as capitals.

When I first posted the first message, it de-capitalised the first line but not the others, I edited it back to capitals then it de-capitalised them all.

This post posted and edits without it de-capitalising anything. Perhaps its something to do with it being the only word in the post?

DRM
DRM
DRM
DRM
DRM
DRM
DRM

Some random text to test whether this is being caused by DRM being the only word in the post, even when repeated. The above DRMs were typed the same way as they are this time.

Some random text to test whether this is being caused by DRM being the only word in the post, even when repeated. The above DRMs were typed the same way as they are this time.

DRM
DRM
DRM
DRM
DRM