PDA

View Full Version : Dracula icon in savedata

b_simpson1999
April 9th, 2008, 17:37
well I have 3.80m33-5 and I used UPMS project, the idstorage/NAND image isn't mine (so can't upgrade to 3.90m33 or anything that isn't on UPMS) but I think I had this problem before I had a really bad brick (thats why I couldn't save my own idstorage/NAND image), all my savedate images come as Dracula and no background picture with popstation. so any help on this whould be nice.

MicroNut
April 9th, 2008, 18:20
well I have 3.80m33-5 and I used UPMS project, the idstorage/NAND image isn't mine (so can't upgrade to 3.90m33 or anything that isn't on UPMS) but I think I had this problem before I had a really bad brick (thats why I couldn't save my own idstorage/NAND image), all my savedate images come as Dracula and no background picture with popstation. so any help on this whould be nice.

I spent about 8 hours between my 2 PSP's trying to figure this out.
They are both nearly identical TA-079's.

fatmsmod, no fatmsmod, popsloaderv2, fat, fat32, low level format, different pops packages...

After everything I tried it came down a counterfeit memory card.
Neither PSP will load pops off that memory card when running 3.90M33-3
I couldn't believe it since that card had performed fine with out any problems on previous firmwares.
I can do anything I want with it except pops on 3.90M33-3
Damn Castlevania icon shows up every time.

Sonicboy 101
April 9th, 2008, 18:31
DAX incorporated the Dracula icon in a release because of the new savedata changes (picture size for example).
It's perfectly normal.
EDIT: From readme:

"Explanation of icon issue:
In 3.80 pops, Sony has introduced a bug that causes a crash when the icon of the pbp is not 80x80,
like those of psstore. To resolve the issue, M33 was replacing the icon in ram by the one with Dracuala image,
what caused the side effect of ps1 save games having Dracula icon.

Now the behaviour in 3.80 M33-2 is to replace the icon in ram only if the one in the file is not 80x80."

I can only guess it is the same for 3.90 M33 too.

Saracchini
April 9th, 2008, 19:01

Yes this issue continues in 3.90 M33 . To avoid this , just use 80x80 icons when creating the EBOOT of your PSX games with popstation.

MicroNut
April 9th, 2008, 19:35
DAX incorporated the Dracula icon in a release because of the new savedata changes (picture size for example).
It's perfectly normal.
EDIT: From readme:

"Explanation of icon issue:
In 3.80 pops, Sony has introduced a bug that causes a crash when the icon of the pbp is not 80x80,
like those of psstore. To resolve the issue, M33 was replacing the icon in ram by the one with Dracuala image,
what caused the side effect of ps1 save games having Dracula icon.

Now the behaviour in 3.80 M33-2 is to replace the icon in ram only if the one in the file is not 80x80."

You are right it is "normal"

But I only see that icon when Pops fails to load when holding the R trigger using a counterfeit memory card on 3.90M33-3

I haven't ever seen it since I started using 3.90M33-3 and genuine memory cards

Of coarse, I make all my icons 144x80 :D

And my problem is not the same as b_simpson1999.

b_simpson1999
April 9th, 2008, 21:24
i will try using 80X80 icon image but you think it would be fixed