PDA

View Full Version : Play.com reduces cost of Rock Band

Shrygue
April 9th, 2008, 18:42
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=131076)

Play.com is the first online retailer to reduce the hefty asking price for Rock Band and all three instruments.

Its deal cuts the Band in a Box instruments pack - containing drum, microphone and guitar peripherals - down by 30 pounds to GBP 99.99.

Play.com is also offering 10 pounds off the game price, bringing the cost of the entire package down to GBP 140.

However, separate peripherals are being sold at the recently recommended price of GBP 69.99 for the drums and GBP 59.99 for the wireless guitar.

Elsewhere retailers GAME and Gameplay are yet to list Rock Band on their sites. HMV, Gamestation and Amazon are offering the game for GBP 49.99, but haven't put a price on the instrument pack.

Rock Band will be released for Xbox 360 on 23rd May. PS3, PS2 and Wii versions will follow later this summer.

beetroot bertie
April 11th, 2008, 13:00
I'd love to get this game, but the price has put me off big time, especially when the US equivalent is half the price. Shame the US 360 version is region locked...

Oh well. EA have lost out on a sale from me. The pricing is shameless, although credit for Play having the sense to reduce it a bit. Still, £140 is too much for me.