PDA

View Full Version : New Phoenix Wright spin-off on the way?

Shrygue
April 9th, 2008, 18:33
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=131088)

Capcom is preparing a fresh take on courtroom drama by letting you play as a prosecutor in a spin-off to the Phoenix Wright series.

It's dubbed Perfect Prosecutor, according to Famitsu (translated by Weekly Games Journal), and it follows the adventures of Miles Edgeworth and Dick Gumshoe.

As Miles, you will have to scour crime scenes for inconsistencies and then present them to the court - sending bad, or maybe good people to prison. Let's hope you can make evidence up.

Not only will this be the first time you get to prosecute, but you will also be given a fresh search and deduction system to work with.

Capcom Europe is keeping its cards close to its chest on this one, and Famitsu has no date for Japan.

Spidery_Yoda
April 9th, 2008, 23:25
I love Phoenix Wright. Best games on the DS.

However, Apollo just didn't do the series Justice

I really like Edgeworth and Gumshoe though, so i'll be keeping an eye on this. Or 2 eyes.

kcajblue
April 10th, 2008, 00:35
i really like the phoenix wright series as well.
apollo justice had its good and bad points.
i just think they shouldnt have taken a lot of characters out of it.
they didnt even mention maya at all.

Steely
April 10th, 2008, 01:54
Although it was the most DS oriented game in the series, Apollo Justice didn't feel as great as the other games.

I love Edgeworth, and I was actually thinking of an idea like this. This is pretty awesome.:)

da_head
April 10th, 2008, 20:37
i really like the phoenix wright series as well.
apollo justice had its good and bad points.
i just think they shouldnt have taken a lot of characters out of it.

well, apollo justice was a bad time in phoenix's life. he even said at the end, he mite retake the bar exam. so i'm pretty sure they'll put most of the old characters back, otherwise it wouldn't be a wise move (upsets fans). personally, i wanna see if phoenix and iris get together ^^

kurosakinaruto-
April 11th, 2008, 00:48
this is an awesome idea... though i dun get how it'll be put together

Spidery_Yoda
April 11th, 2008, 13:00

I think that was the worst thing about Apollo Justice.

I didn't like it at all until I got to the last trial, and that last trial made me feel better about the game.

I hated what they did to Phoenix though, and I hated that Maya had just vanished.