PDA

View Full Version : TCP Loader

wraggster
April 9th, 2008, 21:25
via wiibrew (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps/TCP_Loader)

Svpe has been using the recent developments of the socket interface and have created a loader that loads stuff over TCP.

It is a TCP server running on the Wii that listens on port 8080 by default that will run any binary that is sent to it. Both DOL and ELF executables is supported. There is no IP address display in the Wii part, yet.

There is currently some progress on writing a windows gui to do the loading by dasda, while there is a cli tool for posix. The Windows-transfer tool will be released tomorrow (April 9th) due to lack of testing. Dasda 12:10, 9 April 2008 (PDT)

You currently need libogc cvs and bushing's socket patch in the sf.net patchtracker to compile this yourself. Precompiled binaries will maybe released by me once this patch is in the cvs.

Mr.Guy
April 9th, 2008, 23:23
Can someone explain to me what this does exactly?

BlueCrab
April 10th, 2008, 00:53
So, they finally got the socket interface figured out. Things are really getting quite interesting in the Wii homebrew world now.

I look forward to them making a clone of dcload-ip sometime soon, then I might actually consider working on Wii stuff. :D

kingslime80
April 10th, 2008, 01:30
I'm not sure what this does. Is it to connect wiis to eachother using IP addresses? I could see how that could be useful, even if it's only used to connect emulators for internet play.

I guess that means pokemon training will be in fashion again. ~Sigh

vicious1988
April 10th, 2008, 02:34
This allows you to boot elf and dol files off of your PC, technically you send them from the PC to the Wii.

Man, I'm tempted to play with the new socket stuff.