PDA

View Full Version : Adults Too Quick to Dismiss Educational Gaming?

wraggster
April 9th, 2008, 22:58
A new survey finds that more than half of K-12 students believe that educational video games in school would help them learn (no surprise), although only 15% of teachers and 19% of parents agree. Adults might not want to scoff, however, because 11% of teachers are already using video games in class and they report great results. 'Only 3% of elementary school students say they do not play video games of any kind. Students surveyed say learning via video games would help them better understand difficult concepts, become more engaged in the subject matter and practice skills. There's no mention of the games being fun, but that goes without saying.

http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/04/09/2039258

mavsman4457
April 10th, 2008, 01:14
Although playing video games in class is a bit ridiculous, one thing tells me that it is possible that it could work some day. MGS3. I began to question the events of the Cuban Missile Crisis after I played this game and I wanted to know what was real about the game and what was fiction. If some genius could give a game a historical setting and a brilliant storyline then maybe video games could be used as an educational. They are already being used as somewhat of a physical tool through Eyetoy and the Wii.