PDA

View Full Version : Wab & PSP-Dev Downgrader Video Part 2

wraggster
September 7th, 2005, 21:08
UPDATE OF SORTS FROM PSP-DEV FORUMS Q+A

Q)Will the downgrader require 2 PSP's or 2 Memory Sticks?
A)With the method we are using, one PSP and one MS will be enough

Q)Will it definately work on 2.0?
A)On theory, yes

Q)What time do you estimate it will be ready by?
A)We cant estimate a release day, maybe tomorrow, maybe on one month

Sounds good to me;)

ORIGINAL NEWSPOST

The Wab and PSP-Dev Teams have released another video of their Downgrader in action on a Version 2.0 PSP and this official statement:

"hello everybody, I know that you are expecting our downgrader with a lot of impatience but we are still working on it.

I want say that all bullshit talking about me that i can see make me laugh and show that you only have time to waste.
I want also add , I'm not Sergent007 who is in fact only a 14 years old child who uses the swap exploit found by PSP DEV Team to hack psp 1.5 so why talk about this?

I hope these trailers will be appreciated by you because me and PSP Dev Team have worked hardon them."

PSP Emulation say a big thanks to Yoshihiro and Team Wab/Team PSP-Dev for your hard work in bringing the Homebrew and Emulation to the Masses with the eventual release of the downgrader.

As i posted yesterday on PSP Emulation News please listen to valid sources only and not over eager sites who are willing to sacrifice your PSP, with that in mind download the video from the link below (via the comments)

wraggster
September 7th, 2005, 21:08
Heres the link

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/Downgrademovie2[1].0.rar

any mirrors would be great at 12megs a vid

SoQb0nc5r
September 7th, 2005, 21:27
It was 2.00 at start and also 2.00 at end? or did i not understand it right because i think he cancelled the downgrade in the end?

Shapyi
September 7th, 2005, 21:29
He didn't go on with the downgrade, he just proved he can get there. Looks great, can't wait for it to be out.

parabolee
September 7th, 2005, 21:38
Hmmm not sure what that proves as it failed to update. It said that it couldn't update and then he cancelled the update.

I guess he's showing that although it is progressing it still cannot downgrade from 2.00 yet.

Maybe it is working with 1.52. I'm not sure how far you can get with the regular 1.50 upgrader trying to run it in 2.00 so I don't know how much has been acheived.

I am a believer though, I mean one of the guys that came up with KXploit is working on it, so seems pretty legit to me.

neogeronimo
September 7th, 2005, 22:06
Why if he can launch this homebrew, he don't tell us how he's doing
And the homebrew will be available for 2.0

rpgjaugar
September 7th, 2005, 22:11
beacue the system reads it as an update, that what it is, it updates the psp to 1.5, but the psp reads it as 2.1

neogeronimo
September 7th, 2005, 22:20
Another nOOb question
Why the memory left is 15mb and after 17mb?

I think the downgrader is real

But don't understand why the memory left is not the same

chronoswing
September 7th, 2005, 22:21
Hmmm not sure what that proves as it failed to update. It said that it couldn't update and then he cancelled the update.

I guess he's showing that although it is progressing it still cannot downgrade from 2.00 yet.

Maybe it is working with 1.52. I'm not sure how far you can get with the regular 1.50 upgrader trying to run it in 2.00 so I don't know how much has been acheived.

I am a believer though, I mean one of the guys that came up with KXploit is working on it, so seems pretty legit to me.

No, it didn't say it failed to update, it said the ac adapter wasn't plugged in, their basicly just proving they can get past the error that says you already have a later firmware version. Very nice work indeed.

alepus
September 7th, 2005, 22:31
No, it didn't say it failed to update, it said the ac adapter wasn't plugged in, their basicly just proving they can get past the error that says you already have a later firmware version. Very nice work indeed.

why not prove it all the way?

rpgjaugar
September 7th, 2005, 22:34
i can't see the clip. is says it can't find it

PSP_Newbie
September 7th, 2005, 22:42
it appears that the link is broken, it comes up w/ an error when downloading.
if someone downloaded it, can they maybe post it here?

neogeronimo
September 7th, 2005, 22:45
he's also on psp updates

IndianCheese
September 7th, 2005, 22:46
Is anyone else seeing the video flipped upside down with an HDX4 in the corner near the beginning of the vid?

alepus
September 7th, 2005, 22:47
except for being a retard you should be able to figure out what url it is.
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/Downgrademovie2[1].0.rar the [1] brake the url. just copy the url from begining to the end. (from http to .rar)

http://..........0.rar

*o*
September 7th, 2005, 22:54
hhmmm.....i wish he could sho us the first one in high resolution

fire666
September 7th, 2005, 23:26
The hacker is french (slow motion playing shows it)

NeoXCS
September 7th, 2005, 23:43
They probably dont wanna show the whole way because they dont wanna downgrade it actually. It might still be a bit buggy.

neogeronimo
September 7th, 2005, 23:46
But why the memory left is not the same?

dman32
September 8th, 2005, 00:22
why not wait until its ready instead of asking questions like you are doubting them...if I were them I'd be pissed at how ungreateful you sound and just not do it. As for myself I'm very greatful and can just wait until its done instead of wasting time picking apart a video and doubting their hard work...its very insulting.

neogeronimo
September 8th, 2005, 00:56
i've no doubt on them
That was just question
Perhaps a MS swap, perhaps normal (i've never upgraded my 1.52 and never try homebrew so don't know what happens) :confused:

Hope it will be released soon and no doubt on them :)

and i haven't the need to be lapidated on a public place for asking question :rolleyes:

alepus
September 8th, 2005, 01:10
what happend to that WAB loader v3.0? :)

demonpig
September 8th, 2005, 01:30
i've no doubt on them
That was just question
Perhaps a MS swap, perhaps normal (i've never upgraded my 1.52 and never try homebrew so don't know what happens) :confused:

Hope it will be released soon and no doubt on them :)

and i haven't the need to be lapidated on a public place for asking question :rolleyes:
I was surprised at 15mb before and 17mb after with the"same psp" and "same MS" :D

Chrone
September 8th, 2005, 01:36

why not prove it all the way?

Because they know it will "Brick" their PSP...I dont see any way around that, but I'll hold my reservations on that to see what they can come up with.

Heran_Bago
September 8th, 2005, 01:49
You mean this?
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/Downgrademovie2[1].0.rar

ataribob
September 8th, 2005, 02:33
Don't bother and download the video.
There's no proof just Yasicko shooting everyone the bird.
I guess they got fustrated with the backlash of all the unbelievers.

Or mabye he is not as bright as we thought.

alepus
September 8th, 2005, 03:26
Because they know it will "Brick" their PSP...I dont see any way around that, but I'll hold my reservations on that to see what they can come up with.

"Because they know it will "Brick" their PSP"...
hmm. the only feature the downgrader has, is that it will "Brick" the psp... that sounds like a good downgrader.

they should show some real proof... but on the other hand.. as long as they dont actually release a downgrader donations will keep raining in.

wab are really talented. but the attitude.....

Cap'n 1time
September 8th, 2005, 03:37
as ive stated 1,000,000 times, i dont like wab AT ALL. But i do believe that what they say is true.. its possible that this was either a message to nonbelievers, or somthing proving that he had actually made progress... Its obviouse it wasnt downgraded not only because it displayed the 2.0, but also because the web browser still remained on the menu.

good work team wab... but i still dont like you.

Heran_Bago
September 8th, 2005, 04:02
They're not the brightest cookies on the tree. If they wanted to disprove all non-believers, they'd probably stay silent untill they finish the thing. I think they have another motive for releasing these.

However they're not dumb enough to be bragging about something they're not making. Everyone should just mind their own business till it's out, in my opinion.

Plude220
September 8th, 2005, 06:00
When or if they release this will the one program be able to downgrade 1.51 , 1.52 and 2.00 TO 1.50??? Or will they be seperate Programs for each version to downgrade???

allofthis
September 8th, 2005, 09:57
then the PSP would think it was 2.1, wouldnt it? meaning that he would have to change it to make it think it was 2.1.1+ next time he wanted to 'downgrade' it. And he might not be sure that it works, so he may want to be safe and not brick his psp.

alepus
September 8th, 2005, 11:21
then the PSP would think it was 2.1, wouldnt it? meaning that he would have to change it to make it think it was 2.1.1+ next time he wanted to 'downgrade' it. And he might not be sure that it works, so he may want to be safe and not brick his psp.

what the hell are you talking about

Cirus
September 9th, 2005, 01:24

wouldnt the psp think its 1.50 or wat ever not 2.1.1 next time

Cirus
September 9th, 2005, 01:30
I think they need more praising than anything atm. all i see is ppl bitching about it will brick and want more proof. this is just an update on the "downgrader" and obviously wouldnt continue to install due to it aint finished. like installing Alpha version of some software and expect everything to work.

good work WAB keep it up :)

magic_mascarade
September 10th, 2005, 12:41
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE OF THE MEMBER OF THE WAB TEAM, ALONE TRIO, HAS BEEN ARRESTED YESTERDAY BY THE POLICE AT PARIS!!! IT'S THE FOUNDER OF THE WAB TEAM!!! OH NO!!!! YOSHIHIRO IS ALONE NOW!!!
http://mobiles.gueux.be/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1226

porjay
September 10th, 2005, 13:23
In english and from the offical site. I hope this doesn't cancel the downgrader because i've been looking forward for it since i've baught my PSP with 1.52 firmware. :mad:

Today at 7h00 PM, AloneTrio ( Founder of WAB ) have been arrested in Paris by police. Even Familly have no more infos about the arrestation. At the moment we can't say if it's about PSP activities ( like the already spreaded rumour ) or old past computer hacking activities. It seem that Yoshihiro have not been arrested for the moment. Like you see, wab.com is always online. More info on the site when we got it.

We all keep our fingers crossed for AloneTrio...

http://www.wab.com/

alepus
September 11th, 2005, 00:00
ah ok.. now i get it.. those pictures on www.wab.com are mugshots.