PDA

View Full Version : RIN Wii v2008-04-10 - Gameboy/Gameboy Colour Emu for Wii Released

wraggster
April 10th, 2008, 16:06
Mr Marakichi (http://mirakichi.hp.infoseek.co.jp/software/RIN_Wii.html) has now updated his Gameboy/Gameboy Colour Emulator for the Nintendo Wii.

Heres a video of the emu running.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Ui1saRoUur4

Sram is now supported so that means and i hope im right that you can now save your games :)

Download and give feedback and Compatability Reports via comments

linkinworm
April 10th, 2008, 16:21
do you know where to the game saves to?frontsd? or sd gekko?

c4105
April 10th, 2008, 17:26
It's saving to front SD. It makes a new folder called RINSAVE in the card's root.

Heh, this is just getting better and better! :)

ryoga9kaji
April 10th, 2008, 17:30
Thanks!!! a great emu!

linkinworm
April 10th, 2008, 17:41
OMG frontsd save, if this dude can do it, so can everyone else, get a new update for the snes out NOW!!! i really wana play mario bros 3, i have it on VC but thats the nes version, doesnt look so good, classic tho

linkinworm
April 10th, 2008, 18:15
anyone know how to get a boarder on this? it has a boarder option, i guess its just an image on the root of the stick, but it has to have a name and a pixel size right? anyone know this

supersoni88
April 10th, 2008, 18:33
great no if there was a way to reload the emulator so it go back to the elf loader that'll be great!
but yeah this needs to be implied into the other emulators

DimensionT
April 10th, 2008, 19:13
Just wait it out people, they know everyone wants front SD saving. Telling them to do it isn't gonna make them do it any faster.

Chances are they can look at the source for this and use it in other emulators.

wraggster
April 10th, 2008, 19:49
awesome release then, major props to mr marakichi :)

hoshinokirby
April 10th, 2008, 21:10
still no way to get back to the elf loader. but front sd saving makes me extremely happy in the pants to care. :)

Nintendo Maniac 64
April 10th, 2008, 23:07
dang it, the saves are in a seperate folder? >_> So then I can't continue saved games I've played in Lameboy on the DS...

But anyway, if we can get that along with rumble and MAYBE HQ3x upscaling filter, then I'm good to go.
Stretching to fit the screen may be nice, but not something I'm actively seeking :P

Oh, and there's the issue of reloading the boot.elf...

DimensionT
April 10th, 2008, 23:20
dang it, the saves are in a seperate folder? >_> So then I can't continue saved games I've played in Lameboy on the DS...

I don't see why you couldn't. I'm pretty sure SRAM files are interchangable between all emulators. It's save states that're different.

Try taking a save and throwing it in the RIN saves folder, and renaming it if you have to.

Nintendo Maniac 64
April 11th, 2008, 00:24
I know I can do that. The point is that I won't be able to switch from playing on my DS to my Wii on a whim because Lameboy puts saves in the same folder as the rom, while RIN doesn't. It would be a major pain to move my save EVERY SINGLE TIME.

linkinworm
April 11th, 2008, 01:35
you mean to move from one folder to another? so if lameboy saved to the root it would be ok? its not hard to click on the folder.

Sir_Voe
April 11th, 2008, 02:30
I know I can do that. The point is that I won't be able to switch from playing on my DS to my Wii on a whim because Lameboy puts saves in the same folder as the rom, while RIN doesn't. It would be a major pain to move my save EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Try putting your GB roms in the RINSAVE folder. This creates no problems with RIN, and you should be able to just navigate to the RINSAVE folder from the Lameboy menu, and load the games from there. Provided Lameboy names its saves the same way RIN does, and creates the save in the directory the rom is located (both unconfirmed by me), it should be a solution for you.

sprazzi
April 11th, 2008, 17:09
Hi everybody.
I tried RIN and works fine BUT seems that i cannot jump higher keeping the A button pressed (in supermario land 2)...:confused:
Any hint would be helpful thanks!

Athrador
April 11th, 2008, 23:45
Even with this there are problem on pal Wii

50hz: skipping frames (ok, after all it's not 60hz :p) and the image it's not in the original size (squeezed in the top and in the bottom).
60hz with RGB: virtual boy :eek:

kingslime80
April 12th, 2008, 00:03
Did you try pressing the R button on your controller?

Athrador
April 12th, 2008, 03:42
Did you try pressing the R button on your controller?

Yes, but this only zoom to 3x, it's not the point. Between Pal50 e Pal60 there's a difference in the resolution: 576i on 50Hz (625 line, higher than NTSC signal) and 480i on 60Hz (525 line, the same of NTSC). In fact on 60Hz the "form" of the screen is the original (but with RGB cable for some reason all become red and black), instead on 50Hz it's not. :(

linkinworm
April 12th, 2008, 23:49
umm i think theres a bug in the saving, sometimes when you save,it wont save, and when you load the game up it will load the save befor that, rather annoying for games like zelda and pokemon, hopefully that can be fixed soon

kingslime80
April 13th, 2008, 05:09
It doesn't save by itself, so I always click on Save SRAM multiple times. :)

Nintendo Maniac 64
April 14th, 2008, 04:16
Um... I don't know about you, but I don't even SEE an option for "Save SRAM"...

EDIT: OH are you kidding I completely forgot to extract ths updated .ELF file >_<

Demonic_Cr0w
June 21st, 2008, 06:35
I can't get it to work on the Homebrew Channel = (