PDA

View Full Version : PSP Mini - Sony Working on a Flip version ??

wraggster
September 8th, 2005, 01:23
Take this as a rumour for now but Sony may indeed do this one day and to be honest it looks pretty cool. give your views on the Flip screen PSP Mini below:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspmini.jpg

YourStillWithMe
September 8th, 2005, 01:29
D-U-M-B Dumb :) That is the biggest waste of time when that time could be used to make games becuase there arent enough as of now i think theres like 20 MAYBE they have more movies then games for god sakes out for the damn thing. Its very creative but useless its just another "look" idea like gameboys green gameboy, red, clear, and yellow! back in the 90's when gameboy pocket was released same idea just a different look and it means nothing.

Renzatic
September 8th, 2005, 01:49
It makes me wonder why they didn't go with this design initially. It'll be a bit more comfortable to hold, won't be as cramped so it's likely to be more sturdy, and is a bit slicker looking to boot.

I won't buy one, but I won't diss Sony for coming out with an alternative design.

Xarius
September 8th, 2005, 02:46
the image reaks of "fun with photoshop"

SpecV
September 8th, 2005, 03:11
It looks pretty cool, but it's probably a fake. Even if it was real I wouldn't buy one, spending another $250 for the same console??? Screw that.

Groo
September 8th, 2005, 03:35
Consoles that can be opened and closed several times are more easily broken. To be honest, I prefer the "old" psp. Just my point of view.

Cap'n 1time
September 8th, 2005, 03:44
the image reaks of "fun with photoshop"

i must agree... this looks just a bit TOO fake.

IndianCheese
September 8th, 2005, 03:51
Of course it's fake...it is a prototype image that he made. He wasn't trying to make it look like an ACTUAL PHOTO of a PSP Mini, just an example.

oldsage
September 8th, 2005, 03:55
Lol, you forgot the touch screen...

slayer2psp
September 8th, 2005, 03:55
D-U-M-B Dumb :) That is the biggest waste of time when that time could be used to make games becuase there arent enough as of now i think theres like 20 MAYBE they have more movies then games for god sakes out for the damn thing. Its very creative but useless its just another "look" idea like gameboys green gameboy, red, clear, and yellow! back in the 90's when gameboy pocket was released same idea just a different look and it means nothing. your wrong about the games ther are over 60 out now if you count the uk usa and japan i have almost all of them plus you cant blame sony only for the lack of games. they need more thrid party games.as far as a psp mini goes kinda cool but rather have something with a built in hdd

YourStillWithMe
September 8th, 2005, 04:27
Yeah, I understand that for the JAP and UK psp's but also take into note that the uk psp just came out about a week ago and they put out the SAME games that were out with the us psp. There all the same games but there built for different psp's

theres---
Midnight Club 3,
Bleach 1, (JAP Release)
Bleach 2, (JAP Release)
lumines,
Tiger Woods,
Fifa,
Death Jr,
NBA Street,
NFL Street,
Dynasty Warriors,
Need For Speed,
Tony Hawk 2,
Hot Shots Golf,
Everybodys Golf, (JAPANESE release)
NBA,
Metal Gear Acid,
Dead To Rights,
Coded Arms,
Wipeout Pure,
spiderman 2,
Wayne Gretszky Hockey
Namco Museum (I dont even count this because it looks like a super nintendo game)
Smart Bomb
Mercury
Virtua Tennis
Medievil
Rockman dash (JAP Release)
Gundam

I'm probably missing a good 10-12 games but it looks a lot closer to 20 games rather than 60 I mean no disrespect to you im just proving a point that is all.

dman32
September 8th, 2005, 05:03
damn it YourStillWithMe (member.php?u=3495) thats the dumbest statement ever....there are movies than games period for EVERYTHING..unless you count the DS where there are NONE. The psp has about 3-5 less games than the DS and its been out allot longer. I get sick to death of that statement...

Plude220
September 8th, 2005, 06:09
Has anyone seen this pic of a camera that fits on top of the psp??

check it out below

Think its real or not?????

urherenow
September 8th, 2005, 06:10
Whatever... if they made it like that, they had better rethink their R&L button design/placement

leggy
September 8th, 2005, 16:40
A clamshell design would certainly protect the screen better than the current PSP style does.

Saying that, the PSP at the moments looks pretty cool.

It really does amuse me when I see people saying that things are so obviously a fake - wait till the day these so called 'experts' are caught out :D

pkmusicmaker
September 8th, 2005, 16:59
Whatever... if they made it like that, they had better rethink their R&L button design/placement

I was waiting for someone to mention that. Also, I don't think the battery would fit unless they made a smaller one, and that would die out way too quick.

RedKing14CA
September 9th, 2005, 00:04
total fake, the memory stick slot is on the top scren, on the left AND right side its a fake pic!!!

edit- i dont mean the camera pic, the camera is an actual thing being developed by sony, it was in the official playstation magazine....

OmegaNine
September 9th, 2005, 00:28
I dont know it looks like a PS job to me. And now that he says that, he is right. I am hoping I didnt JUSt buy a outdated ver of PSP...heh

Cirus
September 9th, 2005, 01:54
damn it YourStillWithMe (member.php?u=3495) thats the dumbest statement ever....there are movies than games period for EVERYTHING..unless you count the DS where there are NONE. The psp has about 3-5 less games than the DS and its been out allot longer. I get sick to death of that statement...

DS has very low quantity of games and there all shitty crap ones, all 20min jobs, when u see up coming games i can see psp collection out doing ds easy.

in a month or 2 theres, hmm nintendogs, meteos and (mario kart in nov ) exiting xmas yeh? or name a few i will be getting.. gta, pro evo, burnout legends, tombraider and Lemmings...

seabass
January 15th, 2006, 13:25
Honestly i dont think that the pic is real , if it was i still wouldnt buy one, just to protect my screen phhh. thats all the clamshell system would. i sticking with screen protectors that they have out now.

Junior
January 16th, 2006, 10:48
Look, whoever says the pic isn't real: YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. The image is NOT supposed to look real, it is supposed to GIVE YOU a visual idea of what MIGHT be possible if the design WERE to be changed to clamshell. Get it now?

flamingwolf
January 16th, 2006, 13:52
thanx for reviving an old thread, did you two see the original post date?