PDA

View Full Version : gpSPhone updated to v1.7.0! - Gameboy Advance Emulator for Apple iPhone/iPod Touch

wraggster
April 10th, 2008, 20:00
News/release from Zodttd

For those who have joined, or are joining the Beta Testers Club here at ZodTTD.com, you will be treated to a surprise today! A new beta of gpSPhone has been released.
Here's whats new in gpSPhone v1.7.0 beta:
- Properly syncs sound to gameplay. Sound quality is greatly improved in this version. Now uses proper use of signaling conditions in threads to sync sound.
- Performance increased due to using new compiler from the developer saurik, and assorted bug fixes.
- Thanks to NerveGas of NES.app, bug fixes were submitted and used to properly handle GUI aspects such as the navbar now being at the top.

Keep in mind the following additional instructions after installing:
- Set your (replace mobile with root if using firmware 1.1.2 or earlier) /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA directory to have world writable permissions, such as 777. Otherwise you wont be able to save!
- Make sure you have the proper GBA BIOS file gba_bios.bin inside /Applications/gpSPhone.app/ otherwise you will get an error when loading a game!

Hope to see some YouTube videos of this beta in action in the comments here.

http://www.zodttd.com/blog/zodttd/

IndianCheese
April 10th, 2008, 20:10
So I guess that means the same bug fix will be applied to Genesis in the near future as well? BTW, how do you changer permissions? I have been trying to figure it out FOREVER but can't get it to work...

stevo11185
April 11th, 2008, 10:44
So I guess that means the same bug fix will be applied to Genesis in the near future as well? BTW, how do you changer permissions? I have been trying to figure it out FOREVER but can't get it to work...

you use SSH, pm me for instructions and i will be able to help you on MSN or something