PDA

View Full Version : Atari800 PSP v0.1 (Multi Atari Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
September 8th, 2005, 03:21
Aenea has done it again, a new major release for the PSP scene, heres the info from the man himself:

This is just a quick and dirty port to the PSP of the very nice Atari 400/800/XL/XE/5200 emulator. It's a work in progress. This port was done by Alysa Habraken (aka Aenea). Thanks to the original authors for creating this.

- default, it's configured for the 5200, place the 5200 rom in /Atari800/Roms
- no rom selector, get a rom, name it rom.a52 and put it in /Atari800/Cartridges
- Start = well, Start
- Select = Select
- Square = Option
- no d-pad support
- analog support
- no sound support
- Cross is fire
- no real menus

In the next version sound and a fully working menu system will be added.

Have fun!
Aenea (Alysa Habraken)

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/atari800019.JPG

Download this awesome emulator here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/atari800psp.shtml

urherenow
September 8th, 2005, 04:14
I'll wait for sound, then I'll try it out. Anyway, good stuff! :D

Farcicalname
September 8th, 2005, 19:13
Sweet! Thanks dude. It's like I'm 14 again.

thedan
September 9th, 2005, 09:22
Aenea has done it again, a new major release for the PSP scene, heres the info from the man himself:

Hmm.. someone seemed to delete my last post. Maybe it was a forum error who knows.. Anyways Aenea is not a 'man' but a 'woman' ;)

Also, the proper source is here:

No Linking to sites which exploit the homebrew scene - admin

Just tryin to help ya out, wouldn't want anyone complaining about improper sourcing, and give the author credit where due =)

Shannon
September 9th, 2005, 12:26
Hmmm I think I'll wait for the "more complete" version. But this certainly has me exstatic!

Psphreak
September 13th, 2005, 22:24
I've run a search but go no results. I've been trying to get this emulator working but I keep getting a message of "Cannot find config file" and then it says that is cannot create a config file. I have notenamed the atari800 folder. This is what I've done so far.

copied the Config folder from the original zip to the non % folder. > same error
copied the config folder to BOTH the atari800/atari800% folder > same error
left the config folders where they were, and copied the cfg file in the atari800 folder >same error
copied the atari.cfg into the Root of the mem card > same error
made a folder in the root (I knew it wouldn't work but at this point it was worth a shot) >same error

Now, what is going on here? This stupid thing is driving me nuts. I have the cartridge file in the cartridge folder and is renamed to rom.a52, the 5200.rom file is in the Roms folder, here's the structure

Atari800/Cartridges/rom.a52
Atari800/Config/atari800.cfg
Atari800/Roms/5200.rom
EBOOT.PBP
Stderr.txt <--for some reason it can't create a config, but it can make this file

What am I doing wrong?? Any help wout be great. Thanks

Toplot
September 14th, 2005, 15:43
Hi Psphreak --

I got the emulator working with this setup:

In root directory of MS:

Atari 800\
Cartridges\rom.a52
Config\atari800.cfg
Roms\5200.rom

and in PSP directory:

PSP\GAME\
Atari 800\EBOOT.PBP
Atari 800%\EBOOT.PBP

This probably isn't the correct setup either but at least
it works. :)

Hope that helps.

Rick

Toplot
September 14th, 2005, 16:01
If your listening Aenea, I sure would like to be able to play Star Raiders on my PSP. The game seems to run fine on the emulator but of course you can't access all of the keys you need to actually play the game (0-9, A, C, F, G, H, L, M, S, T, and P). The Atari ST emulator for the PSP has an ST keyboard appear when you press the select key. Any chance you could add something like that in a future release? You'd make an old geezer gamer very happy! :)

Rick

Psphreak
September 14th, 2005, 18:45
Thank you Toplot. Yup, got it working now. Now I just have to make up my mind what game to play :)

Kavik
November 13th, 2005, 16:52
Hi there... Can anyone tell me if Aenea is still working on this port? The Atari 400 was the first system that *I* developed homebrew for :D Would love to get all my old Atari 8-bit software up and running on the PSP with full sound, on-screen keyboard, etc.

Toplot
February 24th, 2006, 16:10
Just to let you know Aenea, there is still an interest in getting an update on the Atari 800 emulator for the PSP. I agree with Kavik who said, "Would love to get all my old Atari 8-bit software up and running on the PSP with full sound, on-screen keyboard,etc". That would be great!

OopFjord
March 7th, 2006, 00:52
Great emulator!! Can't wait for sound!!!

iainjh
March 12th, 2006, 16:59
the Atari 800 was (is) one of the greats, it'd be fantastic to play A800 games with sound, disk image loading and ability to change keymaps etc on the PSP.. Flip & Flop, Dropzone, Hero, all measure up against many of todays games for gameplay.

Thanks for a great emulator

Please, any news of an update soon?