PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart Wii <3 Freeloader?

wraggster
April 10th, 2008, 23:37
It appears that those who were worried about Japanese copies of Mario Kart Wii not loading on US Wiis through Freeloader may have been breaking a sweat for nothing. Import retailer NCS tested the game on v3.1U firmware and found it to run just fine. Yes, this information directly conflicts with an earlier report from Play Asia, but there's a good chance that Play Asia tested the game with v3.0U firmware which NCS confirmed will not play the game.

In other words, all hope is not lost. Still, go forth at your own risk, there may be bananas around the bend.

http://kotaku.com/378404/mario-kart-wii-

JKKDARK
April 10th, 2008, 23:45
Oh well, anyway the game will come to america and europe soon

mcdougall57
April 11th, 2008, 02:10
isnt europe gettin this one first this time?

porchemasi
April 11th, 2008, 03:31
freeloader does not work with 3.2U pfft

mine crashes on boot ....

JKKDARK
April 11th, 2008, 03:52
isnt europe gettin this one first this time?
No, but today ;)

JP April 10, 2008
EU April 11, 2008
AUS April 24, 2008
NA April 27, 2008

phsychokill
April 11th, 2008, 12:52
I got mario kart 1am this morning on the way home from work lol. but the UK version of mario kart has no update on it or atleast it didnt for me but I installed the one from brawl on my UK wii. but all in all freeloader is still working.

Baboon
April 11th, 2008, 13:12
I got mario kart 1am this morning on the way home from work lol. but the UK version of mario kart has no update on it or atleast it didnt for me but I installed the one from brawl on my UK wii. but all in all freeloader is still working.

Yep same here! :thumbup:

I quickly popped home from work to grab some lunch and booted the game and it did not require an update (my machine is currently on version 3.2e)! The game worked fine (infact I tried a couple quick online games and won em both). :)

I tried freeloader straight after on my 'No More Heroes' and also 'Brawl' (both US copies) and they both still worked a treat! :D ...looks like my fears were for nothing! lol

My mario kart code is: 4940 5563 3993.

Bad news is I've had to come back to work now. :( ...Game on tonight though! :D

phsychokill
April 11th, 2008, 13:25
I'm on late shift so was working till 1 this morning I'm just glad asda is open 24 hours lol.

____anders____
April 11th, 2008, 17:39
i got mario kart, the PAL version 2 days ago, but i played the first time today and all i can say is that it rules, the online mode is also very fun :) those who doesn't have this game yet, buy it now cus damn it's fun:)