PDA

View Full Version : DS...Better or worse?

PSXP
September 8th, 2005, 07:50
Who here thinks the Ds is better than the PSP..??
Im just wondering cause the PSP is WAY better and the DS games are bad and graphics are bad...

ptr.exe
September 8th, 2005, 15:51
I should just delete this topic, but i'll express my view first...

You say the psp is superior due to better graphics? you're pretty shallow to judge something purely on graphical prowess, then again i wouldnt put it past someone such as yourself - media blitzed, narrow minded, casual gamer.

You say the DS games are 'bad'... what incite! so much in one small word! next time try to explain your point of view and not just state your opinion as facts.

Many say the ds and psp are 'apples and oranges', you cannot compare which is better, because they are too dissimilar.

Personally i prefer the DS, does the psp have touch screen control? dual screens? no, it doesnt because all people like you want is a console with watered down ps2 ports for games, poor battery life and a distinct lack of innovation.

Anyway, who are you? you're just a dumbass n00b.

tidusuk123
September 8th, 2005, 20:32
I should just delete this topic, but i'll express my view first...

You say the psp is superior due to better graphics? you're pretty shallow to judge something purely on graphical prowess, then again i wouldnt put it past someone such as yourself - media blitzed, narrow minded, casual gamer.

You say the DS games are 'bad'... what incite! so much in one small word! next time try to explain your point of view and not just state your opinion as facts.

Many say the ds and psp are 'apples and oranges', you cannot compare which is better, because they are too dissimilar.

Personally i prefer the DS, does the psp have touch screen control? dual screens? no, it doesnt because all people like you want is a console with watered down ps2 ports for games, poor battery life and a distinct lack of innovation.

Anyway, who are you? you're just a dumbass n00b.

I totally agree to that

Cap'n 1time
September 8th, 2005, 20:35
I too am a firm believer in that graphics dont make games. Rock on nintendo!

Mollusk
September 9th, 2005, 00:45
Graphics don't make a game... but they sell a game, which sucks...

From a developper's pointer of view, the DS seems better, as you have more stuff to play with (2 screens, microphone, touch screen). It's not like I would use the PSP's whole power anyways...

PSXP
September 10th, 2005, 02:56
I was just asking, no need to get personal.
There are just a very small varaitaty of DS games on the market at the moment and i was just expressing my view.
I'm sorry If i have offended any of you guys.

robot parker
September 10th, 2005, 18:45
the PSP strikes me as a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none kind of device. I'm sure it's capable of executing some fabulous games but I can't really think of any stand-out titles at the moment. sure you can browse the web on it, but are you gonna? it can play mp3s, but do you wanna buy a bunch of flash cards to make it worth the effort? for the price of a PSP, you can get a nintendo DS and a rio carbon which holds 5gb of music and has a much longer battery life than the PSP.

right now the DS has a couple of really great and innovative games (4 DS's + meteos = unstoppable combo!) and in the coming months some absolutely devastating titles are going to be coming out: castlevania, mario kart, metroid prime hunters, animal crossing, etc.

ptr.exe
September 10th, 2005, 19:50
PSXP, i may have been too harsh, but you presented yourself in such a n00b 'psp roxorz!!11' sort of way, you were bound to offend.

PSXP
September 12th, 2005, 08:56
Go to this site.
http://www.jimtay.com/gamespace/psp-vs-ds.JPG
Its all i was saying.
Just saying my opinion.
Again I'm sorry.

souLLy
September 12th, 2005, 14:12
people who start console vs console wars normally do so because they're worried that they've bought an inferior product.

for me right now portable gaming is just about the only gaming i have time for and my DS suits me fine for that, Mario 64 DS, Wario ware, ridge racer and project rub have all been excellent purchases and i've enjoyed them thoroughly.

I hate being a my console is better than your console kind of guy but the things that have put me off of buying a psp so far are: price, i don't want to pay console prices for a handheld. Games, None of the games look anything to be excited about right now, i don't enjoy macho guy games that much and it seems to be saturated with them. UMDs, rebuy my DVDs again on a proprietry format unusable elsewhere? nah.

Unless the price comes down drastically i'm more than happy with my DS, and the forthcoming games look amazing. Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Meteos, Mario Kart, Mario Bros, Metroid...

ptr.exe
September 12th, 2005, 15:42
PSXP, what is the point of that site? once again it's fanboy crap.

PSXP
September 13th, 2005, 08:00
OK....
Firstly.
What do you meen by "no stand out games" for the psp at the moment...
I can tell you there are more than the DS.
Secondly.
I saved up all my pocket money to buy a DS and was happy when i got it... but then I found out after spending 200 $ that the psp was coming out and was alot better. This was right. I then bought a PSP for 2 reasons.
1. It had a better variouty of games and more popular ones instead of the ds' (all going on about the 'fantastic' touch screen games). But thats all there was.
2. It just looked alot better! Everyone wanted a PSP and the people (that i know) were upset about just finding out that a fantastic, PS2 graphic, handheld was coming out!
I understand how it is focused at a younger age, but this still doesnt meen that its 'all that good'.
Also some are saying about the PSP's battery power. I DONT SEE THE ISSUE!
The invented a thing called a charger that plugs into a wall and gives electronics power... and if you didnt know that then somethings wrong.

krowstrife
September 13th, 2005, 15:51
OK....
Firstly.
What do you meen by "no stand out games" for the psp at the moment...
I can tell you there are more than the DS.
Secondly.
I saved up all my pocket money to buy a DS and was happy when i got it... but then I found out after spending 200 $ that the psp was coming out and was alot better. This was right. I then bought a PSP for 2 reasons.
1. It had a better variouty of games and more popular ones instead of the ds' (all going on about the 'fantastic' touch screen games). But thats all there was.
2. It just looked alot better! Everyone wanted a PSP and the people (that i know) were upset about just finding out that a fantastic, PS2 graphic, handheld was coming out!
I understand how it is focused at a younger age, but this still doesnt meen that its 'all that good'.
The invented a thing called a charger that plugs into a wall and gives electronics power... and if you didnt know that then somethings wrong.

there are no stand out games for the PSP name one that is the mst popular, all it has is beatup down ports of crappy ps2 title if i already beat THUG 2 why whould i play it over again, the only reason it is even worth the money is the homebrew and emus, but the graphics arent even as good as ps2, which has worse graphics than any other system on the market, and that thing is so cheaply made my friend with through 10 and they all had dead pixels and dust other the screen

DS has more "stand out titles" nintendogs, warioware, meteos,Mario 64,Advance Wars,Kirby : Canvas Curse,Rayman and not to metion the games that are coming this fall

name one game the people couldn't resist buying a psp to play name just one

ptr.exe
September 13th, 2005, 15:56
OK....
Firstly.
blah, blah, blah, i'm an ignorant fanboy
Just shut up. You're so annoying!

You just gave the two reasons:

1) Popular games.
2) Everyone else wanted it.

You're just a sheep.

It's meant to be a handheld, do you not understand that concept?

I've already said you cannot compare the two, it's your choice what you buy, stop being such an arrogant fanboy.

PSXP
September 14th, 2005, 07:30
Ok...
One game that is really going to stand out is Grand Theft Auto LS.
Another is Fifa 06.
Also u said that u cant compare...(like oranges and apples) APPLES ROCK ON!!!!
You are most all like 20 year old computer nerds who sit on computers all day and have no social life.
Also what can u do if u ban me..? ill just make another account, lol.
PSP ROCK ON!!!!!(and apples to!)
P.S. All the games u mentioned like Nintendogs and stuff will all be s*** like all the other DS games on the market!

ptr.exe
September 14th, 2005, 15:39
The IP will be logged and any account that is made with the same IP will be banned.

I should of locked this before it started.

I pity the fact that you can't see beyond marketing hype, if you don't wanna play DS games then don't, no one wants to hear why you think something is better than something else. Also, apples and oranges is a saying, i didnt mean it in a literal sense, apples do indeed batter oranges to death with a big stick, but that's beside the point.

Anymore fanboy crap, you'll be banned.

SoQb0nc5r
September 14th, 2005, 16:33
both are good consoles! every1 has a different choice, e.g. pcs and macs. i got a psp, does mean that i hate DS!

Cap'n 1time
September 14th, 2005, 19:53
now let the fanboy make an idiot of himself. in fact, just post his ip address on the forum. that will shut this ninny up.

as for nerds and dorks... nerds and dorks gave you your psp, they gave you clothes, a home, AC, a car (or a bike), etc. so damn right im a 20 (well 18 actually) year old computer nerd. And unless you chase me around like one of thoes psycho girlfriends ive grown to loath, you know nothing of my social life.

your a whiny 12 year old that pees his pants and plays his crappy psp games. This site isnt really for sony's crappy collection of shitty games. The reason we love our psp's is because of the homebrew and emulation scene. guess what consoles we are playing on our psps? nintendo, sega, mame, etc. the only game i could give a rats ass about on my psp right now is wipeout pure.

i could have a better time playing with a ti-83 calculator... (honestly i could)

ptr.exe
September 14th, 2005, 20:32
your psp, they gave you clothes, a home, AC, a car
Animal Crossing? :p

Totally agree, basically i shouldnt of argued in the first place - he doesnt need me to make a fool of himself, the fact that he named FIFA is enough in itself.

souLLy
September 15th, 2005, 16:28
the psp launch line-up reminds me why i never got a ps2. but hey each to thier own, if i wanted something to not play games but watch movies i'd get a psp.

Cap'n 1time
September 15th, 2005, 20:13
Animal Crossing?

well, yes... but i was thinking air conditioning.

PSXP
September 17th, 2005, 01:39
Sorry.
I was only bored and didn't have anythink to do.
I personaly have a ds and think its OK. but i was only expressing my view on the psp and it got out of control.
Sorry again :)
(by the way im not 12 im 13 and i dont pee my pants....lol.)