PDA

View Full Version : Ever had an Xbox 360 come back from the grave???

ExcruciationX
April 11th, 2008, 17:44
That's exactly what happened to mine.

The UPS box arrived today, and just because I felt like it, I plugged it into the AC, turned it on, and it works! I've left it on for an hour now and no freeze-ups have happened yet.

It was a serious WTF moment.

ExcruciationX
April 12th, 2008, 04:26
Bump.

I played it for about six hours straight, no freeze-ups, no nothing. ****ing weird, and it wasn't the RROD when your power supply cable is messed up, it was the real deal.

BTW, the Living Dead playlist sucks ass, badly. The only maps are REALLY crappy forge maps (I've seen a lot better maps floating around, one of mine included) and the game variants suck too (zombies are either too easy or too hard to kill). Avoid it.

ICE
April 12th, 2008, 05:12
Thats weird. Man MS cant even make your console die properly anymore..

Shadowblind
April 12th, 2008, 05:54
No, but my brother has. It was the attack of the zombie awesome machines o_0

ExcruciationX
April 12th, 2008, 07:32
The one with rubber put in the cracks?

I was wondering the technical details of that. How would rubber put in the cracks of the 360 fix it?

Shadowblind
April 12th, 2008, 14:00
The one with rubber put in the cracks?

I was wondering the technical details of that. How would rubber put in the cracks of the 360 fix it?

My brother put a rubber eraser on the memory cores. When he left it on they heated up, and the microscopic cracks in the cores had rubber melted into them. I don't know the exact details, but if the cores are pressed down they heat up more, and can melt the rubber into the cracks. Then you leave it on to heat up for 20 minutes. Now we kill each other on TF2 every day via XBL :D

ExcruciationX
April 13th, 2008, 10:22
Huh, that's awesome.

I really hope whoever made those maps for the Living Dead playlist don't get the Recon armor.