PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart Wii Brings Out The Cheaters? The Bugs?

wraggster
April 12th, 2008, 12:40
There's word that cheaters (you bastards!) are apparently moving in full force on Mario Kart Wii. Either that, or there's a bug. The Time Trials mode is getting hit hardest with all sorts of impossible times appearing. According to Mercurys Phoenix at the Official Nintendo Magazine forums writes:

I've only seen it on the Snowboard track - a guy with a time of 53 point something or other seconds. There are about three other people with exactly the same time. Like others have said, on the replay the guy just does one lap (excrutiatingly slowly) and then turns the opposite way just after the finish line. Then the replay doesn't stop.
Personally, I think its a bug. I've only seen it on one track and there are others with the same time.

So... Maybe a bug, maybe cheaters. Either way, bummer.

http://kotaku.com/379057/mario-kart-wii-brings-out-the-cheaters-the-bugs

____anders____
April 12th, 2008, 12:59
that's weird..

jimmyd
April 12th, 2008, 15:51
Yup, I got my copy of Mario Kart yesterday and found the same bug on the Princess track. It's lame but it doesn't ruin what is an absolutely awesome game.

I'm new to this forum too but have been reading it for ages. This is the first time I thought I ought to post something!

gamer4250
April 12th, 2008, 17:28
Ugh. Lets hope they don't find more exploits and ruin the online just like they did with Mario Kart DS.

ExcruciationX
April 12th, 2008, 18:27
Yeah, Mario Kart DS online is horrible. I haven't played one person that hasn't snaked.

iofthestorm
April 13th, 2008, 03:26
Yeah, Mario Kart DS online is horrible. I haven't played one person that hasn't snaked.

Yeah, I only played a couple games of MKDS online before giving up because the few people that I played all snaked. Bots aren't that bad and time trials are fun for trying to improve your skills actually, and then playing with friends in person is the best.

watupgroupie
April 13th, 2008, 06:03
Lol. I didn't even know what snaking was till about 5 hours of getting into the game later. I kept getting my butt wupped online and finially someone explained to me what snaking was, wrecked the game for me for sure. I so wanna get this game, but many others too. Why so many choices forced upon us, you bastards who make games :P

____anders____
April 13th, 2008, 15:19
Lol. I didn't even know what snaking was till about 5 hours of getting into the game later. I kept getting my butt wupped online and finially someone explained to me what snaking was, wrecked the game for me for sure. I so wanna get this game, but many others too. Why so many choices forced upon us, you bastards who make games :P

i just happened to see snaking when i read about glitches and secrets of mario kart 64:D
but i've never tried it though..

JKKDARK
April 13th, 2008, 15:40
Damn these cheaters are ruining the game :(