PDA

View Full Version : Unnofficial FCE Ultra v2 - Nes Emulator for Nintendo Wii - frontloading edition

wraggster
April 13th, 2008, 11:00
vicious1988 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103261)has a few days ago released a new version of his Unnofficial release of FCE Ultra the Nes Emulator for Nintendo Wii - frontloading edition.

Hey, here's build 2. Fixed the save state bug, don't know why I didn't fix it to begin with.

Download and give feedback and Compatability Reports via comments

MickeyBlue
April 13th, 2008, 13:31
No Fix for Wii Pal? Because Black and White Screen is the my Wii :(

____anders____
April 13th, 2008, 14:51
crap, i have a PAL wii too:(

Ryan915
April 13th, 2008, 21:58
No Fix for Wii Pal? Because Black and White Screen is the my Wii :(

That's weird, works fine on my PAL Wii where-as the older version didn't. Are you using the cables that come with the Wii on 60Hz mode?

MickeyBlue
April 13th, 2008, 22:16
I well cables of origin, and 50 or 60 Hertz, it is always black and white.

slipknot1564
April 14th, 2008, 21:10
Could someone update this so it shows the full name of a game?
For example if you have Super Mario bros 1 and 2
the both show up as
"superm"
"superm"
And changing the name is kind of annoying..
Especially if you have 200 Nes roms

HCK91
April 17th, 2008, 19:10
I' m another PAL user who gets black & white screen. Is there no way to fix it?

Tytris
April 20th, 2008, 03:49
Is the file bad or something ? I get about 164kb and it stops, same with the other version of the nes emulator

kingslime80
April 21st, 2008, 23:07
Can someone tell me the proper directory to use for loading the games off a CD? I only have one left so I don't want to burn a coaster.

h2923j42n2
April 21st, 2008, 23:45
Can someone tell me the proper directory to use for loading the games off a CD? I only have one left so I don't want to burn a coaster.

As far as I know, you can not yet burn these onto a disc. If I remember correctly, the ROMs have to be in a folder called 'nesroms', on the root of an SD card.

Sult4n
April 22nd, 2008, 15:50
could anybody please tell me how to save on sd card? My roms are in the nesroms folder, i also tried to create a saves folder but it doesn´t work. The emulator always tries to save in dev0:\ but i want to save on my sd card.

SuperRandi123
April 29th, 2008, 19:21
Ummm...is it me, or does the FCE Ultra emulator have a sound issue?

pman1902
June 11th, 2008, 20:07
i also have black and white.... cant get it right :S

phinn
June 15th, 2008, 23:37
This does not work with the Wii Homebrew Channel for me, I have a /nesroms/ directory but it will not see it.

The version titled "FCEUltra Rev22 Test 3" does work however. But I have to reboot after playing 1 rom

pman1902
October 14th, 2008, 13:47
i also have black and white.... cant get it right :S

hi,

well the old situation was an Wii < 3.3E firmware. older twilight hack and homebrew launcer (not channel). and all fceu versions i could find (even pal version) produced an back and white image both on 50Hz TV and a beamer by component video cable.

After i upgraded my Wii to 3.3E firmware AND installed the new twilight hack for 3.3 and using the the same homebrew launcer as before... it works:D then i installed the home brewchannel instead of the homebrew launcer, and it still works :D

what i think is was the reason for the black and white issue:
the new twilight hack says in the readme that now it supports more video modes.. i think that fixed it.
so i think the problem was not in FCEU but in the old twilight hack in combination with the fceu video mode on a PAL Wii.

also now it seems that it doesn't matter what version of fceu i run pal or not.. they all have color... as extra note a want to add that i only tested this on my beamer which supports both 50Hz and 60Hz at 480i and 480p... i dont know what will happen when i try this on my 50Hz 480i tv set. i guess it will work in color but produces more flicker as the Hz don't matches nicely.

well it, works :D and i hope this gives some insight for others with the back and white issue.

in short. you can fix black and white problem by using the latest twillight hack
:thumbup:

warm greetingz and happy gaming,
Pman1902