PDA

View Full Version : DCStruct: Castle Escape DEMO

wraggster
April 13th, 2008, 11:06
News/release from NEON725 (http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=4517.0)

Here comes the debeu of the DCStruct engine!

The DCStruct is an engine for text-based games that I originally tried to make in DarkBasic. When that failed, I shelved the project for awhile, until I thought, 'Wouldn't this be perfect for the DS?'.

This DEMO is the first game and marks the first version of the engine that works fully. I intent to improve it in the future, but now I can finally start making games.

ALSO:
I am at this very moment working on a level editor. That is not far off.

I welcome ideas as to what game I should make with this. Although I can polish the engine, I am still only a code junkie, and my creativity will not suffice to populate the thousands of dungeons in store.

To refresh the screen, press Start. This is pretty useless for now, but it will be needed for debugging later.

To access the debug menu, press Select. That will read out a bunch of odd numbers that only I understand. You can't modify the values yourself yet, but in the future users can use this to fix their game or use cheat codes. XP

I regreat to say that all text within this game was spaced myself, with appropriate \n marks. If some text trails off the screen, or something is misspelled or mis-highlighted, please post with a description of the error, and a read-out of the debug menu.

If something does not act like it should, please post with the debug information as stated above. For example, if the text says a trapdoor appeared, when it in fact did not, that would be a good example of when to post.

I will post a walkthrough as soon as I figure out how to hide it so as not to spoil anything...

Download and give feedback via comments