PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo takes action against Mario Kart Wii cheaters

wraggster
April 13th, 2008, 21:08
Tons of people were complaining that people were cheating in Mario Kart Wii’s Time Trial records. I didn’t know how quickly Nintendo would act, and I am quite surprised to find out that they have already taken steps to solve the problem. According to multiple readers, cheaters have had records deleted, and the cheating methods have been blocked. Nintendo wins this round, let’s see what happens from here on out!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=40106

____anders____
April 13th, 2008, 23:13
that's good:)

StealthCP
April 13th, 2008, 23:14
I was interested to find out what would happen myself, when I saw these impossible scores. One thing cheaters should watch out for, is that Nintendo might not rule out a possible ban-system. As your Wii is unique, Nintendo have a very easy way of preventing you playing online on any WFC game :D

But I think this is fairer. Exploits are common in games, and a lot of people investigate this way, it's good to know it's been fixed, because Mario Kart records are something I've always kept up with ;)

mcdougall57
April 14th, 2008, 00:04
never gonna beat these scores anyway haha i wish they could only do something similar with GOW

limming
April 14th, 2008, 01:46
I'm glad. Even though using cheats on wifi was fun on the DS, I was hoping they would block them out on the Wii.

____anders____
April 16th, 2008, 10:38
I'm glad. Even though using cheats on wifi was fun on the DS, I was hoping they would block them out on the Wii.

CHEATER!! ban him!

.. just kidding, it's fun to cheat, but not online though, except on Counter Strike:D hahah that game sucks (cs).

JKKDARK
April 16th, 2008, 10:59
Nice, I hope these cheaters will not find any other way of ruining the game..

gamer4250
April 16th, 2008, 15:12
As long as the cheats stay at this removable level its ok, but eventually somebody is going to find some sort of alternative to snaking... Nintendo really needs to get smart and learn how to do a real online service, starting with banning.

hopper1990
October 18th, 2008, 15:51
How does everyone feel about Homebrew? for the wii, personally I hate it, I can't play online with Mario Kart anymore cos of people cheating. It just doesn't seem fair its ruining the game for people I have seen loads of complaints for this issue what do you think?

WhizzBang
October 18th, 2008, 16:55
I haven't seen anyone cheating on Mario Kart online. What are the people doing that you have seen cheating?

Jay6
October 18th, 2008, 20:38
The only cheaters I like are the ones that suck, and have 9999 VR points. If they lose, well, look who gets the points.

hopper1990
October 19th, 2008, 13:32
Well my experience every time is you look on the map and their character stutters first they are at the back then they are suddenly in front of you, also even before they get a block on the start line they let about 5 fake boxes go and unlimited bombs also when they are in first place they will get a bullet bill and it wont be just the once. Its impossible that they get that much stuff when they haven't even got a box. I also see them disappear and reappear. Even when I finally get into first someone just appears in front of me and I mean just flash in front. Have a look on Google its called Homebrew. But honestly as soon as you get off the start line you are bombarded with bombs and tons of fake boxes! Also they don't loose any points they seem to gain them so one minute thay have say 8009 points they come last say they don't loose points it goes up to say 9000 points its so odd.