PDA

View Full Version : Universal Theme Flasher

wraggster
April 13th, 2008, 21:22
News/release from Super Sheep:

This is my first program I have released on PSP.

This program as its name suggests attempts to be a Universal Theme Flasher. My aim is to make switching between themes as easy as possible.

I noticed many people have trouble installing flash0 themes and are not sure what to do. Most of my friends also screwed up their firmware when installing themes aswell so I wrote this flasher for this reason (and to refresh my memory :P)

The supported firmwares are 3.90, 3.80, 3.71 and 3.52. I didn't do the earlier firmware as I dont believe many people use at all.

Ok so onto the main deal.

The flasher uses configuration files to flash themes and give details about the theme (name, author, firmware etc)

Combine this with security checks and a hardcoded list of all the files then you have some pretty good security. Themes should be in a zip archive with a configuration file named "theme.conf".

Themes should be put into a folder called THEMES in directory with the Eboot.pbp. (such as PSP/GAME/UTF/THEMES)

When you first boot you will get a menu screen like this:

http://www.x-fusion.co.uk/psp/flasher/screen1.png

Here you choose the theme you are going to flash. In my case I shall choose ClearXMB Black.

Press X.
It will say something about extracting a configuration file. It will be quick then you will get another menu looking a little like this:

http://www.x-fusion.co.uk/psp/flasher/screen2.png

I recommend you backup your current theme first so you can have something to revert to.
If you have or just dont want to then click Install theme.

It will do the rest for you.

Here are screens:

http://www.x-fusion.co.uk/psp/flasher/screen4.png

I've also include a sample theme.conf so thememakers can easily make their themes usable by UTF.
Like always read the readme.

I know flashers are outdated now and flash0 usb > UTF but i'm sure someone will benefit from this.

Credits to
Davee - Programmer of UTF
Anonymous Tipster - I modified his zip extraction code
A_n00b - I modified his confParser
Jono - For the basic fundementals of a file browser

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

via super sheep (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-universal-theme-flasher-138660.html)

dazman
April 13th, 2008, 22:38
does this work on the slim

Avenyet
April 13th, 2008, 22:39
lol beat me to it

I was working on something similar to this :D

oh well works a treat and I think this will help alot of people because I myself have bricked my psp when installing themes so every little helps right?

Coolie4
April 14th, 2008, 18:50
wow awesome. this flashes straight flash0 files right? i was hoping for something like this to switch between different themes. i knew there was a ctf version, but meh to ctfs. im definitly gonna try this

Davee
April 14th, 2008, 19:07
Wow! Word spreads fast :P

@dazman:
In theory yes, however it is untested.

@Coolie4:
Yeah straight to the flash :D

Sonicboy 101
April 14th, 2008, 19:09
Hmmm....
Can I get, say, a custom theme made for 3.03 and flash it to my 3.80 M33 with this app?

Davee
April 14th, 2008, 19:14
No not without first converting it to 3.80. It will also be missing icons that isn't in the firmware even if for some reason it does work.

Sonicboy 101
April 14th, 2008, 19:18
Oh... Ah well
Too much hard work for me, even if it is converting a theme I still am as lazy as a sloth when it comes to these things :p

Coolie4
April 14th, 2008, 19:30
i just used it on slim. worked great. only problem is 1 themes files carry on to the next, for instance is if u install theme A and it has font files, and then you install thebe B, the font files will still be there. i guess if u flash original sony files beforehand this wont happen.

i made a config file for KratosJohn's sidedock check it out.

oh, 1 other thing in the config file it says

#If something equals 1 then it is in the firmware, if it equals 0 then it is not.

when i think u mean

#If something equals 1 then it is in the theme, if it equals 0 then it is not.:D

:thumbup:

edit: the theme.conf file i supplied isnt UNIX format :( it worked for me, but im not responsible if you eff up ur psp

Davee
April 14th, 2008, 20:55
Awesome! The UNIX format isn't required and it will not mess up your psp. Its more of a look thing. Sometimes it will leave little music note icons at the end of names. Nothing to worry about, it just looks a little weird.

Thanks telling me about the configuration file. I shall fix it ASAP.

As for the theme files carrying on, i have noticed that, version 1.1 will fix this (or allow you to fix this) with my Reverse Patch support.

AustinQPT
April 14th, 2008, 21:20
*url removed*