PDA

View Full Version : Mod Chip on a new Wii

dazzy999
April 14th, 2008, 12:09
Hi, i am thinking of buying a Wii, and i also want to get it chipped. Can you please tell me if there are any issues with mod-chips not compitible with the new models of Wii, Do i have to look for any particular Serial number ?

Thanks

JKKDARK
April 14th, 2008, 17:28
I don't think you will get any problem. All the games will work without problems.

dazzy999
April 15th, 2008, 10:33
I don't think you will get any problem. All the games will work without problems.

Is it as simple as that ? A few months back when i was checking, the new Wii's couldnt be chipped, has it all changed , you can buy the latest Wii and you can chip it ? Is that right.

____anders____
April 18th, 2008, 12:11
yes, you can buy the wii-clip and a modchip for it, so you won't even have to solder anything on your wii and you can remove it if you want too;), i even bought a presoldered one:D haha

i have the d2ckey and it rules, it runs every game i throw at it very good, you can play online too, i've done it alot:)

i bought my wii the friday after xmas -07 so i don't think they've changed anything yet, as i haven't seen a word about it here or anywhere else.

MrRalphMan
April 20th, 2008, 20:21
yes, you can buy the wii-clip and a modchip for it, so you won't even have to solder anything on your wii and you can remove it if you want too;), i even bought a presoldered one:D haha

Anders,

Where did you get your pre soldered one?

Also is it easier to solder it onto the Wii-Clip then the wii itself?

Paul.

____anders____
April 21st, 2008, 15:40
yes, it's ALOT easier to solder it on the wii clip, look at pictures of a soldered wii-clip and pictures of the IC chip on the wii, or better yet, open your wii and take a look at the IC chip, there's a small and a big black chip in the drive, look at the small one, do you want to solder to that without making a bridge?

i bought it at www.manzzon.com but it's a swedish site, but i guess you can buy one from there anyway..

EDIT: the best thing is that you can play online too:)
last night i played online with a friend on mario kart, and i got mario kart two days before it was released anywhere in the world!:)

i think you much rather want to ruin the wii-clip and the chip than the dvd-drive in the wii, am i right?