PDA

View Full Version : fmsxDS Ver. 0.09 - Msx emulator for DS

wraggster
April 14th, 2008, 15:55
Nyagosu (http://ngs.no.coocan.jp/main/wiki.cgi) has released a new version of his Msx emulator for the Nintendo DS

04/14 1:15 Script Changed.
fmsx core update ver.3.5.
Added Mouse Emulation.
and more....

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

paul3100
April 14th, 2008, 18:46
Can someone please explain why this thing comes up with errors?

[ERRFILE]fmsxDS.lua is not found in 'fat:/','fat:/fmsxDS/' or 'fat:/emu/fmsxDS/'

So i think from reading this and the chinese website i need the lua library? anyone???

paul

masterchief929
April 14th, 2008, 22:46
i wish it was in english

crookedmouth
April 15th, 2008, 03:54
This guy has some tips.

http://dumpytips.blogspot.com/2007/08/fmsxds-008.html

I've tried bios roms in BIOS folder and in Root(as he suggested) and I can't seem to get anything to boot. I can select my rom, reset, change options, select mouse joystick but I just keep getting a black screen on top.

paul3100
April 16th, 2008, 22:03
Cheers crookedmouth ill check it out mate :-)

paul

crookedmouth
August 16th, 2008, 08:22
Finally got this working.

Copy fmsxDS folder and fmsxDS.nds(dldi patch it) to root of your card.

Find MSX2.ROM and DISK.ROM,Rename MSX2.ROM to MSX2J.ROM, emulator looks for MSX2J.ROM.

Place MSX2J.ROM and DISK.ROM, here \fmsxDS\BIOS on your card.

Place all ROMS here \fmsxDS\ROM on your card.

If you have DISK or CASSETTE files place them in their respective folders.

In the screenshot below are the loosely translated menu items.
Choose Load ROM with A button,Choose the first item from the pop-up menu. Pick your ROM, then back out with B button.
Choose Start Emulator with A button, it will run your rom.

Start button brings you back to the Main Menu, to choose another ROM.

For some games I had to choose Joystick for joyport1, and another I had to go to Options, and by choosing the last item in the pop-up, I changed KEY ASSIGN to Joystick for Loderunner to except A button as a joybutton press.

There seems to be a limit to the amount of roms you place in ROM folder(sorry don't know for certain and what the amount might be.).This may be just caused if you have a ROM with a Name that is too long, which this emulator won't tolerate.

fmsxDS.nds can be placed anywhere on your card, but fmsxDS folder must be in Root.

ROM names must be shortened! fmsxDS hates long names.

Touching the touch screen causes no problems.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6908/fmsxdsfp3.jpg

ssj55
September 12th, 2008, 01:00
I tried that but the rom loads with only sound but no picture

someone help please?

crookedmouth
September 12th, 2008, 04:25
I tried that but the rom loads with only sound but no picture

someone help please?

What did you try?
What game and what MSX ROM?

ssj55
September 12th, 2008, 23:36
I tried Metal Gear 2, Vampire Killer, and Metal Gear. I have a M3 DS Real and I tried it the way you posted, above my first post. Sometimes no music comes just black screen

crookedmouth
September 14th, 2008, 05:40
I've been trying to re-create your problem on my hardware with no luck. I tried removing DISK.Rom and such, All I can think of is..

1. You have bad dumps, no offense.

2. Somehow your auto patcher is messing with it, perhaps try Patching fmsxDS.nds yourself before launching it. I had trouble with something on my R4,prepatching it fixed it.

3. You're not renaming your roms to something a lot smaller. Try MG2.rom for metal gear 2.

4. Some how you've encountered the same problem as the guy in the link above posted. He seemed to need the "root" for his files even a rom folder.This was a different version though, plus he didn't seem to need to rename MSX2.ROM.

-Copy all the contents of the unzipped file to the root of your microSD card except for the .txt file
-Copy the MSX bios roms to the root as well (MSX2.ROM might be enough)
-Create a folder called 'ROMS' and copy in that any roms you may have. Here I noticed that if you put too many roms (don't ask me how many is too many!) in that directory fmsxDS will hang or crash! Also try and limit the file name lengths I know these roms tend to have long names

Hope it's one of the first 3. :)

ssj55
September 15th, 2008, 00:44
Thanks, I will try these

MisterZero
December 8th, 2008, 18:22
I've found that no matter what I do, MSX-2 roms will not play. Is this just me or everyone?

I've tried:
Renaming the MSX2 bios to MSX2J(like with the MSX bios) with no luck.

I've tried adding in the MSX2EXT files as well, and even renaming them. No luck.

Any other ideas? I really want to play Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge. The sound actually loads for them, and I can tell my button clicks correspond.. just no video.

[EDIT]: I just got it working and it works perfectly. You have to do everything crookedmouth said, but also download and rename all of the MSX2EXT files like so:

MSX2JEXT.ROM
MSX2JP.ROM
MSX2JPEXT.ROM

So your BIOS folder should include these files:

DISK.ROM
MSX2J.ROM
MSX2JEXT.ROM
MSX2JP.ROM
MSX2JPEXT.ROM
MSXJ.ROM

That should hopefully fix everything. Also, it makes it easier to play everything if you set up for the joystick instead of keyboard everywhere you can. You can also use the keyboard in this mode, so you can get all your radio calls on Metal Gear. >:D

crookedmouth
December 9th, 2008, 01:41
Thats cool you got it working. It is weird though that I don't need any of those extra roms.

MisterZero
February 6th, 2009, 10:27
Has anyone been able to get Snatcher(English) to work on any DS MSX emulator? If so, HOW???

I'm dying to play through this game again but this time on MSX, but I cannot get it to work!

It won't run starting from disk 1, and disk 0 is the loader but it also includes a bunch of extra junk. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or maybe it's how they did the english patch? I'm not sure why it doesn't work, I've tried everything and all I get is frozen title screen.. PLEASE HELP!

As stated before, I have everything set up right and everything else plays fine.

o0kkk0o
March 27th, 2009, 21:58
Wot is the best MSX emulator so far..?

crookedmouth
March 28th, 2009, 01:12
It's a toss-up for some. I really like fmsx but penkoDS is good also. MSX2 seems iffy but the original MSX titles work great.

penkoDS
http://deadketchup.kyuran.be/tag/msx/

snesser
May 22nd, 2009, 23:06
i wish it was in english

I've put some effort to some kind of translation and want to share it but I don't know how to send the news/upload the thing to dcemu...

crookedmouth
May 22nd, 2009, 23:15
I've put some effort to some kind of translation and want to share it but I don't know how to send the news/upload the thing to dcemu...

For files

Reply using "advanced" not the quick reply. Click Manage Attachments and upload by browsing to location on your computer.

For images you should upload them to a online service like Imageshack, then get the share url and then in your post click the Insert Image button.

snesser
May 22nd, 2009, 23:28
For files

Reply using "advanced" not the quick reply. Click Manage Attachments and upload by browsing to location on your computer.

For images you should upload them to a online service like Imageshack, then get the share url and then in your post click the Insert Image button.

Thanks!

Here's the translated version; I hope it's for the better...

osalvado
November 18th, 2009, 00:38
i can't run it on a ndsi...