PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x 1.43 - GX Edition 0.1.0 front ver.5

wraggster
April 14th, 2008, 17:25
Seems like everyone is releasing Snes Emulators these days, today sees the release of a new version of the Snes Emulator sourced from the recent release by Askot and DS Bomb and features saving to the front SD Card.

The author is at present an unknown japanese coder, as soon as i have more details i will update with his name.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Unicron64
April 14th, 2008, 18:27
This one saves to the SD card?!

ryoga9kaji
April 14th, 2008, 18:30
yeah! thanks i'll try right now

Sir_Voe
April 14th, 2008, 18:46
Works great! I would suggest using the included "no auto save" build though, as the other frequently stutters (I'm assuming that it is caused by it auto saving SRAM every 10 seconds or so).

Rod_Hull
April 14th, 2008, 19:04
Great bit of homebrew - fantastic stuff being able to save SRAM to the front slot! Works beautifully!

DimensionT
April 14th, 2008, 19:15
features saving to the front SD Card.

This one saves to the SD card?!

:rofl:

You guys are awesome.

fook123
April 14th, 2008, 19:26
this is fantastic.

Unicron64
April 14th, 2008, 21:03
I keep getting the "Waiting for pad" hang whenever I load a rom. What did i do wrong?

linkinworm
April 14th, 2008, 21:20
dam another build by someone, i can see there being several out soon with all different feature, not going to be good someone needs to bring out one thats ultimate

slipknot1564
April 14th, 2008, 21:23
This is the best version so far i think because it has
front-load and front-save

spider2745
April 14th, 2008, 21:31
I keep getting the "Waiting for pad" hang whenever I load a rom. What did i do wrong?

You need the .smc file ext in the name of your rom

linkinworm
April 14th, 2008, 21:41
this dude needs to get rid of the autoloading "choose a SLOT" at the start, its annoying for that whole second, or add front sd option to the Y button or something

DimensionT
April 14th, 2008, 23:02
No, he needs to do what he wants.

SuperRandi123
April 14th, 2008, 23:40
Hmmm...I want to try this out. Is this have the PAL fix to play games like Terranigma?

EDIT: Oops. Turns out it's settings change...My bad.

linkinworm
April 14th, 2008, 23:40
yea, but it would be nice, i dont think many people are going to use the slot a or b anymore on wii

SuperRandi123
April 14th, 2008, 23:56
Yeah, well, there's probably gonna be alot more versions of snes9x untill we get like the latest version of the Gamecube version for the Wii.

iofthestorm
April 15th, 2008, 00:10
Gah, which is the most recent/up to date working version of SNES9x for front SD slot? Too many versions by random people...

kingslime80
April 15th, 2008, 01:08
This is the most recent version, but not by the original author. V4 worked well, and I THINK he's still doing a new version later, but V5 supports front SD card saving which he said he's not doing until the tool-chains are out.. Which one you use is up to you, but the Reset Wii option doesn't work (at least on my System).
A nice little side note, to return to the menu you can press R + Z, or you can just press the C stick left or right. :)
Also the saves from the Windows version seem to be compatible. :)

Keelhaul
April 15th, 2008, 01:46

Yes, me too. It worked at first. Then the cursor line disappeared while i was browsing roms. Then it crashed with an exception, saying "Waiting for pad". I restarted the Wii and loaded snes9x, this time it gave me the exception right away... :mad:

kingslime80
April 15th, 2008, 02:04
You could be using a 3rd party pad that the Wii doesn't recognise. That's what happened to me. :(

DimensionT
April 15th, 2008, 02:37
I've had issues with that on the Gamecube version using my 3RD party wireless controller, but it works fine on the Wii for some reason.

Try jumping back to and older version of the emulator. If that doesn't fix it, you know it's a hardware problem.

turtleman6431
April 15th, 2008, 05:22
Will I be able to transfer my gamecube memory card saves to my front SD?

DimensionT
April 15th, 2008, 05:25
Yup, I did that and it worked fine. They're compatable with every other SNES emulator too. You can throw a game on your PSP when you're on a trip, come back home and slap the save on you Wii to continue.

marios_shadow
April 15th, 2008, 09:54
Saving doesn't work for me, any attempt to do so will lock everything up, I left it on for ten minutes and I still couldn't do anything.

____anders____
April 15th, 2008, 17:04
front saving is useless atm..

just kidding;) it's awesome, just what i was waiting for, now i can finally play seiken densetsu 3!:)

retro fan
April 15th, 2008, 17:50
I've got this running and working. It says it is saving and loading sram succesfully, but unless I've got this wrong, I'm not seeng any evidence of it!

I figure loading a game and then loading sram succesfully would take you to the place you were when yoo saved the sram, but it's not.

For example - Donkey Kong, Diddy's Quest. I've loaded the rom, played the game, saved the sram. Played a different game, come back to Kong, loded it, it has autoloaded the found sram as well, but instead of taking me back to where I was in the game, I'm dumped back at the front menu?

ANY ideas where I am going wrong, given that it says I HAVE succesfully sved and loaded SRAM?

Ta.

kingslime80
April 15th, 2008, 19:28
SRAM is not a save STATE, it can ONLY save your save files. You play 10 hours on FF5, it saves the last save you made. That's it. Keep saving at whatever save point you can whenever you can. It's that simple.

Password2K5
April 15th, 2008, 19:57
Hi - can someone give me the correct path - location of the roms. My Snes9x cannot find the images... Thanks!

retro fan
April 15th, 2008, 20:47
If I understand you, any game that has an in-game save facility you should make use of and it will remember that.

So in Donkey Kong Country, I just nip to Candy's save store, save in game and then save the sram in the emu and it will remember it?

No save point, no sram to save?

Ta for your help!

ringo20000
April 15th, 2008, 22:01
Does the Reboot Wii option work for anyone? When I try to click it, it just freezes the emulator. This would be a real nice feature. Also I can't tell but I also don't think the stop dvd motor is working either.

kingslime80
April 15th, 2008, 22:23
Like previous versions, roms should be in a folder at the root of your SD card labeled roms, even if you're using the homebrew Launcher.

Skaterben55
April 15th, 2008, 23:32
Just wondering. How do i test if the saving is working properly. I saved my game then chose save sram. Then did the pso sd reload then booted up the emulator again then loaded the rom then loaded the sram and then started the emulator and my save was there.

kingslime80
April 15th, 2008, 23:51
If I understand what you said it sounds like it's working, but if you want to be 100% sure turn the Wii off and on, then load the Emulator and see if it loads your save file. It worked for me on Earthbound and Kirby Super Star and Super Mario Kart so far.

Angel1988
April 16th, 2008, 12:04
Is there a "PAL fix" of this version ?

Because I keep having this black line on the top of the screen...

(What's more, DK3 runs too fast :s )

MickeyBlue
April 17th, 2008, 22:57
Pal Fix and support front SD emulators any, would be really happy :)

Skaterben55
April 19th, 2008, 08:30
There's a new version up at http://wiihack.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ . I wonder what's new in this version.

Edit: Just checked the read me. Looks like you can toggle autosave on and off.

Relle
April 19th, 2008, 21:04
Does this version support 480p? I'm currently using the vdigi cables to connect to my PC monitor, and they don't like anything that's 480i. If I try to start the emulator my screen just flashes on and off, but it works fine when my Wii's connected to my old SDTV.